• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

bionic77

I might sound like a Flacco apologist but is it just me or is Alex looking good? Almost all of the drops are his receivers faults.

squicken

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
This is the first time the Rams have avoided starting 0-2 since 2006.

6 wins this year fo sure

4 man rush might work against Rams scrubs but no chance vs SF
I bet SF's d-line could get pressure with 4 against the SF o-line.

And since we've been repeatedly informed that the Lions have not only the greatest d-line in the league, but perhaps the greatest d-line of all time, clearly they can do it too. QED.
YYvCJ.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I might sound like a Flacco apologist but is it just me or is Alex looking good? Almost all of the drops are his receivers faults.

No, he does. I was going to wait until halftime to mention it, but he's making good throws out there. It's not like they're asking much of him right now with the lead, but he's playing his role well for the time being.

squicken

Seems like you have to keep running against SF. If they are going to keep 6 in the box then you just need to beat them, b/c dropping that many in coverage is just too much to beat. Would think maybe a running QB could be effective

Drakeon

Seems like you have to keep running against SF. If they are going to keep 6 in the box then you just need to beat them, b/c dropping that many in coverage is just too much to beat. Would think maybe a running QB could be effective

I don't think we face any of them this year, unless I'm mistaken. No redskins, panthers or eagles on our schedule. Maybe in the playoffs? But I would worry more about Cam or RG3 than Vick the way he's been playing lately. Russel Wilson is the only one who we face that could be considered a running qb.

LJ11

Smith ripped off a couple of 10 yard runs, but I think if he took it up the B gap he would have netted more. Than again maybe someone was scraping on that side of the field that you couldn't see on the broadcast.

No screen game or passes to the back, Linehan is usually good with that. Lining up in compressed sets and then flaring it out to the flat while an interior defender fights through the traffic. I'm sure it's because of what the Niners are doing, Linehan is good with the screen game.

Vesmir

Banned
Honestly, the replacement refs aren't THAT bad. The regular refs do a shit job as well, people are forgetting about this.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Maybe if flacco would just give the goddamn ball to ray rice they would've won

--yeah DP is on the fox sports networks from 9am-12pm. radio would probably be better though his sidekicks can be annoying

squicken

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Scott Pioli pushed his way through a doorway, into the Ralph Wilson Stadium tunnel and then, alone, disappeared into the Chiefs’ locker room.

As the team he built was enduring the final minutes of death-by-Ryan Fitzpatrick, an embarrassing 35-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills, the Chiefs’ general manager walked toward a few minutes of solitude. Days like this are lonely when you’re the king, and maybe he embraced what is obvious to so many others who saw Sunday’s loss: that another team he constructed looks lost and unprepared. No injuries and no excuses, no former head coach to blame, and no safety net below the Chiefs’ most powerful football man.

The Chiefs’ problems are with their coaches and players, but the bigger issue is about the man who brought in those coaches and players. Yes, this game and this season are on Pioli, and there’s no denying that anymore. And there’s no more denying another truth, whether you’re ready to read it or not: The Chiefs will never win big while Pioli is this team’s boss. His priorities are too misguided, his insecurities and denial too immense to allow Kansas City’s favorite team to win the Super Bowl that he was brought here to claim.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/16/3818676/chiefs-will-never-win-big-with.html#storylink=cpy

damn already drama in KC

Top Bottom