• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

this_guy

I didn't catch the Monday night games last night - was I mentioned at all? (this_guy)

Texans fan here - sorry to all you (are there any?) Buffalo fans who thought Mario Williams was a beast. For years I always thought Antonio Smith was better. Smith doesn't get as many sacks as Mario, but he puts more pressure on the qb. Also with Mario, the Texans move him around to put him in situations that he should win. On some his sack highlights you'll see him somehow being one on one with the other team's tight end and that's how he gets a sack. One thing he does consistently is make a big circle around the qb when he rushes.

bionic77

Pretty sure if an omniscient, omnipotent God created a man after his own image, Tom Brady would be it.
Tebow H Christ, do Pats fans have any class?

First you insult my kids (innocent babies btw) by saying they are or will become Pats fans and now you are telling us that God is an unathletic tranny (who lets be honest isn't really passing) who can't throw a deep ball and chokes against virgins?

I think you just crossed a line. I knew you guys were bastards but this is going too far. Look I don't know what kind of stuff flies in France or whatever European country you live in, but here in the good ol US of A we have something called class. And even on the internet there are certain lines you can't cross.

bionic77

Speaking of reading into the first week, how is your Flacco fandom?
I will always believe in him. He has a few of these games every year. Every Ravens player and coach is a huge fan. The analysts always remember these breakout games.

But I know deep down, when it is all on the line, he will find a way to make me happy and you sad.

Remember that last year Ryan Fitzpatrick looked like a sure hall of famer for the first 6 weeks. I also remember that incredibly bad pass Flacco threw when the Ravens were only up by 4 against the Bungles and it was a close game, that is intercepted 999 out of a 1000 times. I am still betting it all on Flacco!

I believe in Flacco the same way I believe in the Bungles. They are both reliable and only suckers buy into the annual hype.

Godslay

Banned

First you insult my kids (innocent babies btw) by saying they are or will become Pats fans and now you are telling us that God is an unathletic tranny (who lets be honest isn't really passing) who can't throw a deep ball and chokes against virgins?

I think you just crossed a line. I knew you guys were bastards but this is going too far. Look I don't know what kind of stuff flies in France or whatever European country you live in, but here in the good ol US of A we have something called class. And even on the internet there are certain lines you can't cross.

Classic post right here. Bravo.

bionic77

Maybe. But that won't happen against the Steelers this year. I have a feeling they won't be playing in any games of consequence for a few more years.
Very possible. We have a tough schedule and zero depth but the reason we love this game is it is impossible to predict what will happen.

The only thing I know for certain is that Adams is never going to be an NFL player. Goddamn that guy is garbage. I don't want to ever see him on the field ever again.

Glorious OP.

Who'd have thought Weeden would be shit. Another season come and gone and it's not already WK2. Life of a Browns fan.

Phil Dawson MVP again.

Milchjon

First you insult my kids (innocent babies btw) by saying they are or will become Pats fans

1. That is not an insult. I always hope for a brighter future for kids from a socially disadvantaged background (like growing up in PA). Remember, I'm a dirty Euro commie, I still believe that you can overcome your upbringing and be enlightened!
2. They're growing up in a Steelers household. Just how innocent can they be? The first few years are critical for the socialization of a kid :-(

Calling me a Frenchman? And you dare to speak about class and lines that are not to be crossed? THIS MEANS WAR!

tlJSk.jpg

I want Photoshop back :-(

bionic77

1. That is not an insult. I always hope for a brighter future for kids from a socially disadvantaged background (like growing up in PA). I'm dirty Euro commie, I still believe that you can overcome your upbringing and be enlightened!
2. They're growing up in a Steelers household. Just how innocent can they be? The first few years are critical for the socialization of a kid :-(

Calling me a Frenchman? And you dare to speak about class and lines that are not to be crossed? THIS MEANS WAR!

tlJSk.jpg

I want Photoshop back :-(
Finding a way to put the blame on kids? What are you Jerry Sandusky's attorney?

Also I just assume that all Pat fans are Euros. It seems to be the case for the most part.

Milchjon

Finding a way to put the blame on kids? What are you Jerry Sandusky's attorney?

Also I just assume that all Pat fans are Euros. It seems to be the case for the most part.

No. I'm blaming it on the parents. They're babies, how the hell are they supposed to do any wrong? It's always the parents.

bionic77

bionic likes seeing Pats losses more than Steeler wins.
I think this might be true. At the very least it is the best consolation prize ever when the Pats suck.

No. I'm blaming it on the parents. They're babies, how the hell are they supposed to do any wrong? It's always the parents.

Just how innocent can they be?
Pretty sure that was the closing argument for Sandusky's defense. I always wondered who the fuck would actually defend that piece of shit. Now we know, it was a Pats fan.

CHI @ GB - Please God let GB go 0-2
TB @ NYG - Giants bounce back and blow out the joke Buccs
OAK @ MIA - Oak wins with 8 FG's
HOU @ JAC - Bloodbath
CLE @ CIN - Lets be honest, both of these teams aren't going anywhere
KC @ BUF - BUF looks terrible, KC a little less so
BAL @ PHI - Vick gonna get fucked up
NO @ CAR - Fuck Nawlins
ARI @ NE - Really?
MIN @ IND - Luck will get Lucky
WAS @ STL - RG3 ROY
DAL @ SEA - Wilson will win the West all by himself!
NYJ @ PIT - PIT is just a decaying husk and I can't believe I picked up their D
TEN @ SD - Reborn virgin Rivers will part the waters in TEN
DET @ SF - The trashiest team will get blown out by the best D in the league
DEN @ ATL - Can't stop RoboCop

squicken

bionic likes seeing Pats losses more than Steeler wins.

This is why I teamed switched. I realized it was just miserable to not like the team I was rooting for and just watching football simply to root against teams I hated b/c. Not that I don't hate certain teams, but it just makes you miserable to be that way all the time

bionic77

This is why I teamed switched. I realized it was just miserable to not like the team I was rooting for and just watching football simply to root against teams I hated b/c. Not that I don't hate certain teams, but it just makes you miserable to be that way all the time
:lol

Bandwagoning.

I guess I should have rooted for the Browns and Bungles in the 80s while also being a Niners fan. And then I guess I could have rooted for the Steelers again in the 90s and the Cowboys. You have to have both conferences covered right?

You make me sick.

Milchjon

I think this might be true. At the very least it is the best consolation prize ever when the Pats suck.

Pretty sure that was the closing argument for Sandusky's defense. I always wondered who the fuck would actually defend that piece of shit. Now we know, it was a Pats fan.

Well that escalated quickly. Here I just wanted to praise God's man-making abilities, and you end up accusing me of defending child rape. So wrong. From everything I learned about football fandom, I've only ever seen Pennsylvanians defend rapists, and it doesn't even seem to matter whether they like big (like "big" big) girls or small boys. It's a Penn State of mind, really.

squicken

:lol

Bandwagoning.

I guess I should have rooted for the Browns and Bungles in the 80s while also being a Niners fan. And then I guess I could have rooted for the Steelers again in the 90s and the Cowboys. You have to have both conferences covered right?

You make me sick.

Wouldn't call the Rams and Colts the 49ers of the 80s. I had more fun rooting for Tebow last year than I had watching sports in a long time. No regrets

bionic77

Wouldn't call the Rams and Colts the 49ers of the 80s. I had more fun rooting for Tebow last year than I had watching sports in a long time. No regrets
Now you are speaking my language.

Tebow was such a commanding presence that I actually was confused when the Broncos won against us in the playoffs. Pretty much the way Welker felt when he first saw Brady in the shower. You are trained to only root for your team and with the expectation that your qb has a penis and then a Tebow or Brady comes along and destroys all of your preconceived notions at once.

Godslay

Banned
Now you are speaking my language.

Tebow was such a commanding presence that I actually was confused when the Broncos won against us in the playoffs. Pretty much the way Welker felt when he first saw Brady in the shower. You are trained to only root for your team and with the expectation that your qb has a penis and then a Tebow or Brady comes along and destroys all of your preconceived notions at once.

:jnc

You and Eznark are masters of your craft.

LevelNth

Banned
Haven't had a chance to log in to GAF let alone post in what feels like months...

Hey all, football is back and it feels glorious. Hope all are well and.... how bout them Niners?!

Bucs are going to get stomped pretty badly by the Giants this week, and probably the Cowboys next week too. We really needed that week 1 win before these 2 games. Just wish we could have faced a better QB in week 1 to prepare our secondary for these next 2 games.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

I haven't paid attnetion to a lot of teams this off-season so I didn't pick certain games.

I H8 Memes said:
Bucs are going to get stomped pretty badly by the Giants this week
Never underestimate the Giants under performing in the regular season. Now, I think the team is going to come out fired up and hungry after that week 1 loss but fuck if every game is crap shoot with this team. Drives me nuts.

Rorschach

I can't see how someone could pick Miami. Miami looked terrible on both sides of the ball. If it wasn't for special teams, the Raiders might have won that game. The defense looked alright considering SD was starting on Raiders' territory every time. Raiders sucked, but Miami sucked way more.

McGinn's rating of the Packers performance

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...properly-against-49ers-ve6qa4t-169272666.html
The 49ers double-teamed Clay Matthews on just 28% of passes, figuring that LT Joe Staley, their best O-lineman, could handle the assignment. Look for Matthews to start seeing more doubles immediately because Staley couldn't. Matthews had a great summer and, based on Sunday, probably is playing better than he ever has. He beat Staley for 2½ sacks, including 1½ on speed rushes and another on a bull rush. When Staley set outside to protect the edge, Matthews would knock him straight back, trash him or knock him to his knees.

Hopefully Perry develops a bit more and shitass capers doesn't line him up as a cornerback again :/ . Need someone outside of Matthews to get some push.

I can't wait to play the Bears' shitty line though, we should have some better results. If we can't get some more pressure there then we're fucked.

I can't see how someone could pick Miami. Miami looked terrible on both sides of the ball. If it wasn't for special teams, the Raiders might have won that game. The defense looked alright considering SD was starting on Raiders' territory every time. Raiders sucked, but Miami sucked way more.
Huh? Miami looked terrible for 5 minutes at the end of the first half but other than that they honestly played pretty well on both sides of the ball (not to mention a 72 yd. punt return TD). Did you watch the game?

EDIT: They also sucked at finishing some late drives deep in Houston territory so I'll give you that.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL

eznark

Banned
McGinn's rating of the Packers performance

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...properly-against-49ers-ve6qa4t-169272666.html

Hopefully Perry develops a bit more and shitass capers doesn't line him up as a cornerback again :/ . Need someone outside of Matthews to get some push.

I can't wait to play the Bears' shitty line though, we should have some better results. If we can't get some more pressure there then we're fucked.

The defense we saw on Sunday is the defense we'll see Thursday. Not enough time to make significant scheming changes this week.

Top Bottom