• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

cashman

Banned
I believed Duce22 when he said 4 Championship rings were better than a Super Bowl.
I believed yankeehater when he said Kolb was an NFL QB.
I believed eznark when he said he doesn't beat his wife.
I believed that jakncoke was a Seahawks fan.
I believed that Hitokage was an actual Bronie.
I believed that Dirtbag was going to stay around for more than the Super Bowl season.

FUCK YES I'LL BELIEVE ANYTHING TELL ME THESE THINGS YOU JERKS

What if I said that Christian Ponder will lead to the Vikings to the playoffs this year?

Fox318 said:
How is it?
Dark Souls - hard as balls and awesome.:D Not for the feint of heart and once you get a good idea of how the game plays it definitely gets easier but there's nothing like having that sense of death looming around every corner.

Durante did amazing work with the resolution fix, too. Game looks stunning.

WTF. People on my steam list are playing Black Mesa? Why was I not told. WHY WAS I NOT TOLD?!?
You reminded me to download it (which I'm doing now). Just downloaded the Stranger's Wrath HD update too via steam.

Too many games, so little time!

Slo

What if I said that Christian Ponder will lead to the Vikings to the playoffs this year?

I call bullshit.

whiterussian.gif

Hold off a bit on the WiiU until a price drop.

Nintendo is trying to con people out of money with those prices and specs.
I won't buy a WiiU until there's a game that's a legit must-own (same as all game systems), but c'mon man.

1) you can attack a freaking external HDD for additional space. 8 GB = who cares, this isn't Sony or MS's proprietary bullshit. If the USB 2.0 thing is true, that's lame, but the transfer rate will still be faster than reading from the optical drive... which means it's lame and moot.
2) the controller is the reason for the $300 pricetag. The controller was always going to be the reason for a higher than desirable pricetag.
3) OTOH, the CPU is really disappointing, even by Nintendo standards. smh. But the GPU looks like it'll be pretty awesome, so that's nice. 1080p games are probably going to actually happen on consoles for the first time ever!

It took longer to remake Half-Life than it took to make the actual Half-Life.

wat

Come on man. Were talking about a very small group of people trying to remake a game in their spare time that took an entire studio to make. All they had was the HL1 template. Everything else they built from the ground up.

Godslay

Banned
I won't buy a WiiU until there's a game that's a legit must-own (same as all game systems), but c'mon man.

1) you can attack a freaking external HDD for additional space. 8 GB = who cares, this isn't Sony or MS's proprietary bullshit. If the USB 2.0 thing is true, that's lame, but the transfer rate will still be faster than reading from the optical drive... which means it's lame and moot.
2) the controller is the reason for the $300 pricetag. The controller was always going to be the reason for a higher than desirable pricetag.
3) OTOH, the CPU is really disappointing, even by Nintendo standards. smh. But the GPU looks like it'll be pretty awesome, so that's nice. 1080p games are probably going to actually happen on consoles for the first time ever!

Who really buys a Wii console for the specs anyhow? I guess at one point I cared what they put in a console, but after awhile I stopped caring because it doesn't really matter that much. The same goes for Sony and MS. You can't change it and comparing it to the price of PC components is silly imo. On consoles you pay for specific games and experiences, not specs.

wtf did lindsay soto get married!? she's now lindsay rhodes. she doesn't have giant titties and has like a weird crack on the edges of her mouth but something about her is very sexy!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lets just say that I have watched many of my friends (a lot of whom are Cajuns) turn into alcoholics and the destructive consequences of it. Its a major problem in Louisiana. Turned me off of the whole idea.

Yeah my dad and sister are alcoholics so it kind of kills the fun of it.

I'm to the point were i pretty much refuse to pay for xbox live anymore, I'm pretty much thinking right now that I might even trade in my xbox for the store credit to get a Wii U.

Thinking about doing this tomorrow

Fox318

What 2012 games has everyone played this year?

• Katawa Shojo
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Diablo 3
  • Sniper Elite V2
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • Cubemen
  • The Political Machine 2012
  • Tribes: Ascend
  • Law & Order: Legacies
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I've also been going through a huge backlog.

I'll only buy their games when they are all out.

I didn't like waiting with Law and Order which turned out to suck.

I havent played their other stuff. Mostly because I hear its average or crappy.

I can say beyond a doubt that their walking dead stuff is awesome and a lot of folks agree.

brentech

Walking Dead 1-3
Diablo 3 - wish I hadn't
Madden 13
Uncharted: GA (PSV)
Unit 13 (PSV)
MLB 12 The Show (PSV)
Gravity Rush (PSV) (finished, didn't enjoy it at all)
UFC Undisputed 3
Soundshapes
HSG:WI (PSV)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PSV)

Damn I piled on the sports games this year. Played a lot of my backlog. Started/Finished ICO for the first time among a few other games.

Fox318

Walking Dead 1-3
Diablo 3 - wish I hadn't
Madden 13
Uncharted: GA (PSV)
Unit 13 (PSV)
MLB 12 The Show (PSV)
Gravity Rush (PSV) (finished, didn't enjoy it at all)
UFC Undisputed 3
Soundshapes
HSG:WI (PSV)
Virtua Tennis 4 (PSV)

Damn I piled on the sports games this year. Played a lot of my backlog. Started/Finished ICO for the first time among a few other games.

I'm gonna get a vita once it hits $200 just for the JRPGs and sports games.

brentech

I'm gonna get a vita once it hits $200 just for the JRPGs and sports games.

Think I got mine in May or June.
I just traded in my Wii and 360 because they weren't used in over 8 months each. Had like 3 games for both of them, so it covered the whole cost plus a game and accessories.

http://www.jokes4us.com/sportsjokes/nfljokes/detroitlionsjokes.html

some are funny!

Q: How do you keep a Lions fan from masterbating?

A: You paint his d**k yellow and green and he won't beat it for 4 years!

Q: Jim Scwartz is reported to be moving to Detroit.

A: He says he wants to get as far away from football as he can.

Q: What is the difference between a Lions fan and a baby?

A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: What do you call 53 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

A: The Detroit Lions.

Q: What is th difference between a bucket of s**t and a Detroit Lions fan?

A: The bucket.

Q: If you have a car containing a Lions wide receiver, a Lions linebacker, and a Lions defensive back, who is driving the car?

A: The cop.

Q: Did you hear that Detroit's football team doesn't have a website?

A: They can't string three "Ws" together.

Fox318 said:
My completed games so far this year including a replay of Silent Hill 3 and Witcher 2 on PC:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PC)
Assassin's Creed Revelation (X360)
Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
Uncharted The Golden Abyss (Vita)
Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
Syndicate (PC)
Mass Effect 3 (X360)
Silent Hill Downpour (X360)
Journey (PS3) (multiple playthroughs)
Infinity Blade II (iOS)
Diablo 3 (PC)
The Walking Dead Game (PC) (Episode 1, 2 and 3)
Max Payne 3 (PC)
Amnesia The Dark Descent (PC)
Spec Ops The Line (PC)
Darksiders 2 (PC)
Silent Hill 3 (PC)
Witcher 2 (PC)

Currently working on Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition and Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD both on PC.

Who really buys a Wii console for the specs anyhow? I guess at one point I cared what they put in a console, but after awhile I stopped caring because it doesn't really matter that much. The same goes for Sony and MS. You can't change it and comparing it to the price of PC components is silly imo. On consoles you pay for specific games and experiences, not specs.
Yeah I mainly buy Nintendo consoles and handhelds for the first party games.

I wish they had a White 32GB SKU. That glossy black is going to look bad with all those fingerprints.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Mass Effect 3
Sleeping Dogs
Yakuza Dead Souls
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Jak and Daxter Collection
Max Payne 3
Soul Calibur V
Kingdoms of Amalur
Tales of the Abyss 3DS
Binary Domain
Tales of Graces F

I've got Darksiders II in plastic still waiting to be played at some point.

That's all of the games that I've played this year from 2012.

cajunator

Banned

I ended up getting about 50 Wii games, so the console definitely got its usage over time.
I also have about 25 games between Ps3 and 360 for stuffl ike LittleBigPlanet, Forza, Uncharted 1-3, Deathsmiles and other shmups, Bayonetta, Ratchet and Clank, Sonic Generations...

As for what I played this year, it was mostly stuff I got over the years. I didnt buy hardly anything new. Xenoblade for the wii and some racing game on 360. I honestly forget which. Oh I did play that downloadable game Journey. that was chill.

cajunator

Banned
My PC cannot even play Sim City 4. I am so hopelessly out of date with my PC that Im not going to attempt to upgrade it to play anything current.

K-19

Banned
My PC cannot even play Sim City 4. I am so hopelessly out of date with my PC that Im not going to attempt to upgrade it to play anything current.

Why american doesn't use their cloud gaming? I am sure you have a badass internet connection, check onlive.com.

cajunator

Banned
Holy shit it's 4AM!

Been playing Mass Effect 3 all night, have to be up in 2 hours.

Fuck it, all night long.

Usually when I stay up and lose track of time I just drink some coffee and stay awake. It will make you more tired if you take a power nap. Also you are likely to way oversleep and be late.

Top Bottom