• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

I think it's hilarious that so many in Chicago want Cutler to apologize to Webb, but also feel that Webb should be cut. It's like, they have a problem with Cutler bumping Webb, but have no problem with taking away his livelihood, lol. What a bunch of hypocrites.

the issues isn't whether webb being yelled at or whatever was justified. the issue is how cutler did it. you don't call a guy out on national tv like that. how would jay cutler feel if his WR got up after a pick and got in his face yelling at him? how would cutler feel if he led a receiver right into a hit and the receiver popped up and cussed him out?

every football player makes mistakes, jay cutler included. he doesn't need to be calling him out in front of millions of people. it can be done in the film room behind closed doors

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't really find it hypocritical. What Cutler did was a bitch move, and if Webb had a mean streak it could have escalated very quickly. Cutler should apologize to him, if only to show that he is the leader of the team and realizes that doing that is poor sportsmanship. Likewise if Webb can't do his job sufficiently he should be cut.

The Cutler move is lack of maturity and a bad example of leadership, while cutting Web would simply be letting someone go who can't do their job.
Maybe Cutler should apologize to Webb, but he should call out the Bears' organization for not addressing a known issue for two years. No amount of coaching or play calling is going to fix a fundamental issue in their offensive line.

the issues isn't whether webb being yelled at or whatever was justified. the issue is how cutler did it. you don't call a guy out on national tv like that. how would jay cutler feel if his WR got up after a pick and got in his face yelling at him? how would cutler feel if he led a receiver right into a hit and the receiver popped up and cussed him out?

every football player makes mistakes, jay cutler included. he doesn't need to be calling him out in front of millions of people. it can be done in the film room behind closed doors
If Jay Cutler was leading a receiver into getting hit multiple times a game for a long ass time, then Jay Cutler should get cussed out too. We're talking a dangerous situation here.

Petrie

Banned
Since there's a ton of OT in hhere already, xross post from fantasy thread

OK Gaf, I need help.

I.made the mistake of not realiziNg my first fantasy year just how much RBs matter. Now I am stuck. I have Maatthews and GreenElis. obviously a problem.

My wideouts are better off. Megatron, Nicks, and wayne, with stevie johnson in fkex, plus Garcon, Roberts, and Moore on my bench.

I cant get any trades going, and the backs are stacked on everyones bench. I grabbed ronnie brown as my last resort, but have an offer of stevie for morris. I know i cant rely on morris to be the started, but given my circumstances, do i take it?

Godslay

Banned
Maybe Cutler should apologize to Webb, but he should call out the Bears' organization for not addressing a known issue for two years. No amount of coaching or play calling is going to fix a fundamental issue in their offensive line.

If Jay Cutler was leading a receiver into getting hit multiple times a game for a long ass time, then Jay Cutler should get cussed out too. We're talking a dangerous situation here.

The OLine is only part of the problem. If you hold on to the ball as long as he does, sacks are more likely to happen. If the OLine can't protect him during pass plays, then you have to run the ball. It's pretty simple really, either get rid of the ball or run if the line can't protect. In addition to that I think some of the sacks happened in an empty set, so he didn't have additional protection. I'd have to go back and check, to be sure.

you just don't do that shit in front of other people. i don't know how else to explain that. no one is arguing that webb didn't fuck up or that people shouldn't be yelled at when they fuck up, but not in that manner. maybe it's all my years of working with other people in retail and other situations or maybe it's just common sense but you don't call someone out like that in that manner. if jay cutler doesn't understand that then he is a fucking idiot and it's no surprise he has been a career failure

Godslay

Banned
you just don't do that shit in front of other people. i don't know how else to explain that. no one is arguing that webb didn't fuck up or that people shouldn't be yelled at when they fuck up, but not in that manner. maybe it's all my years of working with other people in retail and other situations or maybe it's just common sense but you don't call someone out like that in that manner. if jay cutler doesn't understand that then he is a fucking idiot and it's no surprise he has been a career failure

I agree. He's the face of the franchise whether he likes it or not. If you are on national tv trying to intimidate and belittle your own teammate verbally and physically, it looks bad. Add into the fact that he "kicked at" Woodson(right?), and he looks like an asshole. Really it's embarrassing. Cutler has to understand he is the leader of the team by default, and he has to act like it.

ari

Banned
Cutler leadership skills fucking blows.

That being said, cutler ain't gonna be no bitch about a sorry ass left tackle that can't block because he's on national tv. Dude got own on every single play. Not one time this dude protected cutler from Matthews and some random ass safety for fucks sake.

Cutler even jumped over his dead corpse to make a perfect pass that Kellen Davis dropped. That was full of awesome.I would like a gif of that. Lol

“The four games in 17 days is strictly for the money,” Baltimore safety Bernard Pollard told me Thursday night. “We as players understand that so we do everything possible to take care of our bodies. It’s on the coaches to understand what we go through and to give us a break, because that’s a lot of pounding in a short amount of time.”

Do you think they hire a pimp to help with that?

Cutler is by far the biggest douchebag in the NFL. The fact that he has no idea how to lead does not surprise me.

ari

Banned
Cutler is by far the biggest douchebag in the NFL. The fact that he has no idea how to lead does not surprise me.
He never passed up a cancer patient.

But I can see the smugness.

catlerksk.jpg

Drakeon

Since there's a ton of OT in hhere already, xross post from fantasy thread

OK Gaf, I need help.

I.made the mistake of not realiziNg my first fantasy year just how much RBs matter. Now I am stuck. I have Maatthews and GreenElis. obviously a problem.

My wideouts are better off. Megatron, Nicks, and wayne, with stevie johnson in fkex, plus Garcon, Roberts, and Moore on my bench.

I cant get any trades going, and the backs are stacked on everyones bench. I grabbed ronnie brown as my last resort, but have an offer of stevie for morris. I know i cant rely on morris to be the started, but given my circumstances, do i take it?

That's not a great trade given you'd be trading for Washington's RB, who might not be starting in 2-3 weeks (because Shanahan, thats why).

Drakeon

Ugh getting to watch Oak and SD, fucking shit.

I'm not thrilled about getting Oakland vs Miami instead of Philadelphia vs Ravens either :(

Talk about a terrible trade off. I'd also rather see Jets/Steelers than Chargers/Titans, but not as pissed about that one.

Oh goddamnit, I only have the Raiders vs the Dolphins as the early game. Maybe I'll go down to a sports bar, because fuck having just the Raiders/Dolphins game on.

ari

Banned
I agree. He's the face of the franchise whether he likes it or not. If you are on national tv trying to intimidate and belittle your own teammate verbally and physically, it looks bad. Add into the fact that he "kicked at" Woodson(right?), and he looks like an asshole. Really it's embarrassing. Cutler has to understand he is the leader of the team by default, and he has to act like it.
What the fuck ever. Phillip rivers talk shit to his team members and even fuck with defenders all the time, even push and shove them. Tom Brady and drew Brees get in their oline and recievers asses every game. Peyton manning even yell at Jeff Saturday every other game when with the colts. Its not embarrassing, its what leaders do.

This is such a contradicting argument against jay.

Sure he can put the blame on himself, sure he shouldn't throw the players that suck under the bus. Sure, but showing emotion on the sideline is what he should be doing. Webb sucks, everyone in Chicago wants this dude gone, but when jay bump him and yell at him on national tv, he shouldn't do it? GTFO, jay did the same to mike martz against the saints last year when he couldn't audible. It is not about being mature, it's about fixing a problem he sees.

Oh, and he didn't kicked Woodson, Woodson have fallen on his leg and jay brushed him off. If that was peyton or Brady, they would've flopped. Which I was hoping he would do. :/

NomarTyme

I'm not thrilled about getting Oakland vs Miami instead of Philadelphia vs Ravens either :(

Talk about a terrible trade off. I'd also rather see Jets/Steelers than Chargers/Titans, but not as pissed about that one.

Oh goddamnit, I only have the Raiders vs the Dolphins as the early game. Maybe I'll go down to a sports bar, because fuck having just the Raiders/Dolphins game on.

Yeah thinking about going to buffalo wild wings for some good games.

I hate the bww commercials like that one where the family goes to their neighbors and has wheat grass then they say thank god for bww when in reality the fat guy and his fat wife should be eating healthier

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've only had it once but Buffalo Wild Wing seemed pretty okay when I had it.

Mind you it was 2 in the morning and I was pretty drunk; but still.

Doomsayer

Wing Stop?

You're in SoCal right?

Wing N Things is okay, albeit a bit limited with their wing flavor selection. They have some good IPA selections (Stone, Green Flash) and pitches of piss beer are like $9.

If you are near Pasadena Barney's is always a good time. Great beer selection, good food, and an outstanding sports environment.

Next door there is a place called "Hot Wings," their wings are crispy... reminds me of New York.

Don't let me sway you though.

I've only had it once but Buffalo Wild Wing seemed pretty okay when I had it.

Mind you it was 2 in the morning and I was pretty drunk; but still.

BWW has two good wing flavors, Original and Mango Habanero. Anything tastes good when you're drunk.

ari

Banned
Kazaam isn't that bad of a movie.

Ok, O'neal lines is so cringe worthy. lol

"who's that sorry wannabe....that disturb my zzzzzs." LOL

ari

Banned
the fuck is that? lol, some guns on that dude.

why do this kid in kazaam keep brushing off a genie? Never understood it then and don't understand it now.

see5harp

I've seen strippers with more on. Why bother? That thing is probably easier to lose in the dryer than a pair of your favorite socks.

Top Bottom