• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Silly and probably old question.

Can someone explain the whole replacement ref situation to me? I must have totally missed news on this, as I only watch the games, and don't' catch to much sports news. Labor dispute with normal refs?

BigAT

Can someone explain the whole replacement ref situation to me? I must have totally missed news on this, as I only watch the games, and don't' catch to much sports news. Labor dispute with normal refs?

Yes, with no real progress in negotiations.

NFL didn't replace the refs with high Division I-A college refs either, instead using bottom of the barrel guys.

Rorschach

Yeah, it's a lockout. Replacement refs for the first 5 games at least.

Doorman

Refs want more money, NFL doesn't want to give the refs more money, so the normal refs are locked out and they brought in replacements from....wherever. The importance of this seems to waiver between "nobody cares" and "oh my god this is a catastrophe," so take it for what you will.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Refs want more money, NFL doesn't want to give the refs more money, so the normal refs are locked out and they brought in replacements from....wherever. The importance of this seems to waiver between "nobody cares" and "oh my god this is a catastrophe," so take it for what you will.

Yeah, it's a lockout. Replacement refs for the first 5 games at least.

Yes, with no real progress in negotiations.

NFL didn't replace the refs with high Division I-A college refs either, instead using bottom of the barrel guys.

Ah, thanks.

Milchjon

3 belgian style pale ale
3 belgian-style wheat ale
3 pumpkin ale
3 caramel apple spiced ale

Damn, that sounds nice. Happy birthday and happy drinking!
And I might even root for the Steelers today, just so you have a nice birthday.

Kidding. It's because they play the Jets. Also, "root" probably goes too far.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
He is on the Browns.

He will throw 38% today.

Middle-Finger.gif

oneHeero

My daughter's bday was yesterday and she used her wish to wish the Cowboys win in a convincing manner today!

I almost feel like I don't have to watch the game now :p

eznark

Banned
My daughter's bday was yesterday and she used her wish to wish the Cowboys win in a convincing manner today!

I almost feel like I don't have to watch the game now :p

Today is my birthday and i am wishing for Romo to Romo.

We will see who birthday jesus loves more.

Top Bottom