• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
petesuckit.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But the refs on the field, standing right in the endzone, should have been able to get the call right in the first place and not leave it to the replay refs

Doesn't negate my statement in the least.

Aren't replays done by people that aren't replacements?

I wonder if they realized all the commotion that was going on and all the celebrating and thought maybe they shouldn't overturn it. Hell when the ref was announcing the ruling after review, Pete Carroll was standing right beside him holding his arms up. Shit was crazy.

Magni

Both teams got fucked (let's not pretend like Green Bay's touchdown drive wasn't a joke). Neither of these teams deserved the loss, the game shouldn't even be in the record book. Maybe this entire season shouldn't be.

Exactly.

As a Seahawks fan, this is awesome: we get the win, and we get the real refs back.

Oozer3993

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Goodell: "Stop picking at the scabs!"

Still can't get over the fact that people huddled around a monitor saw that play multiple times from multiple angles in multiple speeds, and said:

'Yep. That's a touchdown right there'.

Disbelief.

The hilarious part is that the replay officials, who are NOT SCAB REFS, kept the call.

It was ruled simultaneous possession on the field. That is not reviewable. All they could review is whether the ball hit the ground or the player's feet went out of bounds. Since neither happened, they had to say the ruling stood.

I wonder if they realized all the commotion that was going on and all the celebrating and thought maybe they shouldn't overturn it. Hell when the ref was announcing the ruling after review, Pete Carroll was standing right beside him holding his arms up. Shit was crazy.

Yeah they have actual officials reviewing the plays, so Goodell must have put in the call for that to count.

I'm not even going to watch this joke of refs any more. You want to keep ya millions nfl, I'm going to keep my sanity. Not going to watch, till they get it right.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

If its rule simultaneous possession on the field then its simply not reviewable.

I give up on the season. Nice job NFL, you truly fucked up a good thing. I'll be here. I'll watch, but there's no way you can take this seriously anymore.

Nameless

Bizzaro Week has sucked. Glad it's over. Hopefully we can get back to normal next week with real refs, a Niner Gold and Sanchez getting mouth fucked in front of thousands of people.

Gruden needed to shut the fuck up about the Packers being "classy" by coming back to the field. They have no choice you have to kick the extra point.

They didn't need to go back out there. What were they going to do, have them forfeit the game? lol. If I was coaching, no way my guys would go back out there

theytookourjobz

Replay officials couldn't overturn the call. They said the rule states that they cannot review who caught the ball. I'm sure as soon as they saw the replay they were like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom