• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I would just like take the opportunity to point out that the league is the one that locked the refs out. They have a signed and agreed upon contract, but now they want to remove a substantial amount of the refs pensions, that they already agreed to.

The amount is a pittance for the amount of money that the league makes.

ari

Banned
That wasn't the touchdown play. And his knee was down, but the spot was accurate to where the ball was when his knee touched. The rule is the spot of the ball when the knee is down, not where the knee goes down.
I understand it wasn't the touchdown play. That would have resulted into a field goal, so whatever.

Fuck the packs.

mkenyon

Banned
This was just karma for the Steelers getting handed Super Bowl XL by the refs.
This doesn't come close. The comparison does a disservice to all of us PAC NW Hawks fans.

Worst officiating I've ever seen tonight.

I'm not saying it was a catch, but the replay doesn't show anything in terms of possession. The refs right there saw much more of it than the cameras did. I'm thinking the Ref in the back had the best view, and he didn't indicate touchdown. So Im definitely thinking INT.

Rules are rules, and if the replay doesn't show anything conclusive (which it doesn't, there is ZERO view of the ball), then the call on the field stands.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The entertainment level is high, but this season is tainted. It's pretty awful. Remember, if it happened to that team it can happen to yours. Yay.

MechDX

All my cousins who are die hard Packers fans are losing it on Facebook. jnc

Now they are wishing bad things on the Texans. lol

Bowser

I love how eznark still defends the scab refs even after they fuck his team over. Who cares if the Packers "have no business scoring only 12 points"? Seattle's D is good and it was enough to win if the refs don't literally hand the game to the Seahawks.

Fucking mindboggling.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh, is everyone talking about something different than the hail mary catch / potential interception? That part was reviewed to determine whether it was a td catch or an interception.

No, who had possession can not be reviewed. Only if the ball was caught by somebody.

Seda

hailmar2_medium.gif

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
I would just like take the opportunity to point out that the league is the one that locked the refs out. They have a signed and agreed upon contract, but now they want to remove a substantial amount of the refs pensions, that they already agreed to.

The amount is a pittance for the amount of money that the league makes.

It is, but this is about power. POWER. no one fucks with the Goddell. The NFL is run like a modern day mafia.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
A FUCKING MEN

one bad call doesn't erase a fucking shitty game overall. Packers offense is total garbage right now.
Yea but it was several bad calls, not just one. Particularly the PI on GB that really should have been OPI

It is, but this is about power. POWER. no one fucks with the Goddell. The NFL is run like a modern day mafia.
I know that, but people, especially here, think it's because the refs are greedy. They aren't the ones that arent abiding by the contract.

Guys, it was a scoring play that was reviewed upstairs by the official people. The official people confirmed touchdown.

the booth cannot review possession. They could not overturn the TD and call it an INT. Only thing they could review was to make sure Tate didn't drop the ball or step out of bounds or something.

eznark

Banned
I love how eznark still defends the scab refs even after they fuck his team over. Who cares if the Packers "have no business scoring only 12 points"? Seattle's D is good and it was enough to win if the refs don't literally hand the game to the Seahawks.

Fucking mindboggling.

Thinking one play decides a football game is mindboggling to me.

Nameless

This is one of those things, like a dude named Anthony Weiner showing his cock, that's so absurd I honestly question if everything I recognize as reality is a fabrication of some sort.

Fucking mindboggling.

He's too invested in his "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" schtick to cave in. What makes it funnier is that this happened to his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom