• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
ig57he9VeFiZC.gif

lulz what is the story behind this?

cajunator

Banned
yeah, too bad we didnt choose to construct our great city thousands of feet below sea level. And on top of that cried like babies so we could get the nfl to turn a blind eye to our cheating. it's all good, I can't wait till those paper bags are back on your heads

3-3-2012-OBF-new-saints-logo.jpg

Actually, a lot of NOLA is built above flood level. The parts that aren't were marshland near the Lake and thats what flooded again. Im not in disagreement that building the city out that direction was a stupid idea and have said as such many times. City building is not Louisiana's strong suit.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Actually, a lot of NOLA is built above flood level. The parts that aren't were marshland near the Lake and thats what flooded again. Im not in disagreement that building the city out that direction was a stupid idea and have said as such many times. City building is not Louisiana's strong suit.

I'm just kidding I like NOLA people outside of football season. it's all good.

dat popeyes, mmmmm

I have spanish family so we hate frenchies it's all good

MechDX

FMT that is probably the nicest post you have ever made regarding the Texans. Youre getting soft.

Alex Smith will cost you half a dozen games which will trigger Harbaugh to go into a pschycopatic rage and shank him with an intense handshake motion with his knife hand.

Spinluck

To shit up this thread cause I made a comment about PeyPey.

Not really. If anything, your are upset because your team has been a bust every yr they're favored.

No as already stated we are the new Colts. We will win one Superbowl against a QB with the capabilities of Rex Grossman and lose in the divsisional round for 9 years

Against the #1 D with a 13-3 record.

Ahhh that Texans fan saltiness.
And yea, we've choked in the playoffs, I'm well aware.

But I unlike you, will make excuses for that. Just keep coming up for reasons why you guys fail. It's amusing.

cajunator

Banned
I'm just kidding I like NOLA people outside of football season. it's all good.

dat popeyes, mmmmm

I have spanish family so we hate frenchies it's all good

NOLA was Spanish for a while too. Its a mishmash of architecture and culture.
Honestly I wouldnt live in the city though. Im content to live two hours away in a place that doesnt flood during a sprinkle.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit a bitter Colts fan who knows jack shit lol and is crying even after they got Luck.

Btw people read other teams forums, just cause you said I read a Colts forum doesn't point me any closer to knowing you were a fan of that team.

I guess I should have googled that somehow.

MechDX

If I know what goes on in the Colts Fan Forum, what team do I probably route for Matrix? Go ahead and laugh, I'm sure that is what you're doing at this very moment. But you seem to be playing this, "I'm laughing at everything" card hard.
http://www.google.com

"Texans to win superbowl"
"Texans superbowl favoites"
"Texans to win AFC South"

Well damn. Why not just type it in then and prove your argument? Also type in 2009 and 2010 while you are doing your search. Look you had 10 years of success with Peyton. It isnt your fault your GM, owner, HC were complete dumbshits who based an entire team, including a weak ass defense, on one player. He went down the whole thing fell apart.

OK I did it for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dipshit+colts+fans

MechDX

Not really. If anything, your are upset because your team has been a bust every yr they're favored.

Against the #1 D with a 13-3 record.

Ahhh that Texans fan saltiness.
And yea, we've choked in the playoffs, I'm well aware.

But I unlike you, will make excuses for that. Just keep coming up for reasons why you guys fail. It's amusing.

You honestly dont know NFL GAF and you are looking really foolish right now. I would just go to bed in your #18 PJ's and dream of things to come.

FMT that is probably the nicest post you have ever made regarding the Texans. Youre getting soft.

Alex Smith will cost you half a dozen games which will trigger Harbaugh to go into a pschycopatic rage and shank him with an intense handshake motion with his knife hand.

yeah alex smith has looked awful this year. i patiently await scott tolzien leading us to the superbowl

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"If anything, your are upset because your team has been a bust every yr they're favored."

This is still cracking me up over everything lol

Matrix

You honestly dont know NFL GAF and you are looking really foolish right now. I would just go to bed in your #18 PJ's and dream of things to come.

ssssh everyone who knows football here knows him.

cajunator

Banned
I read saintsreport after bountygate. They were working on a class action suit or some shit!

Saintsreport fans can be a bit nutty though.
Kind of like fans on every fan board.
I mean theres a thread there comparing Spagnuolos defense from the Giants in 07 against our now because they got blown the fuck out the first two games of 07 with similar stats. Its pretty delusional.
The overall atmosphere there though isnt too bad and some of the fans even pointed out how fucking stupid those fans are for making that thread. Its mostly filled with smart people who know football and have followed he team a while.

Narag

I mean theres a thread there comparing Spagnuolos defense from the Giants in 07 against our now because they got blown the fuck out the first two games of 07 with similar stats. Its pretty delusional.

Time to read saintsreport again!

oh hey 20 page affidavit conspiracy thread!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
You really expect matt fucking schaub to win you a super bowl? as much as I hate matt I'll take him over jpout and fatford

cajunator

Banned
Time to read saintsreport again!

Youll also find osme fans who dont understand free agency or the Cap and blame not keeping Carl Nicks and Tracy Porter on having to pay Brees.
Nevermind that the Saints offered Nicks a contract which he declined because he wanted a big payday and Porter just got injured too much.

Matrix

lol

"You really expect matt fucking schaub to win you a super bowl?"

Yes, just like FMT believes Smith can. Only a handful of teams know how to play D anyway in the league now. If he can stay healthy, I don't see why not.

cajunator

Banned
Matt Schaub is good enough to win a Super bowl.
The Texans have an actual NFL defense. They have AJ. They have Arian Foster. Schaub is not
awful.

Spinluck

Holy shit a bitter Colts fan who knows jack shit lol and is crying even after they got Luck.

Btw people read other teams forums, just cause you said I read a Colts forum doesn't point me any closer to knowing you were a fan of that team.

I guess I should have googled that somehow.

I've stated being a Colts fan in the past 2 OT's. My fault that you didn't see that. But then again, since you didn't read that, it can't be true right?

Well damn. Why not just type it in then and prove your argument? Also type in 2009 and 2010 while you are doing your search. Look you had 10 years of success with Peyton. It isnt your fault your GM, owner, HC were complete dumbshits who based an entire team, including a weak ass defense, on one player. He went down the whole thing fell apart.

Again, we have made the playoffs many times and loss, no excuses. Bill Polian was stubborn, and Irsay is a jackass, but when you make the playoff your fans expect an SB. You can come up with an excuse for ANY team that has lost a game in the playoffs.

You honestly dont know NFL GAF and you are looking really foolish right now. I would just go to bed in
your #18 PJ's and dream of things to come.
I highly doubt you speak for NFL-GAF, you are an extremely salty Texans fan, who uses huge "if" and "buts" to make a point. And you're also justifying your teams inability to prove anything.

Matrix

The Texans have an actual NFL defense. They have AJ. They have Arian Foster. Schaub is not
awful.

Dude put up insane numbers a couple of years ago. Hasn't had to throw as much since we got a real legit HB and well yea last year ended up badly.

He's good enough, he might have a noodle arm according to Smokey, but he's not bad at all and gets overlooked a lot.

Matrix

"I've stated being a Colts fan in the past 2 OT's. My fault that you didn't see that. But then again, since you didn't read that, it can't be true right?

oh god ._.

edit- oh that was towards Mech lol

Narag

Saintsreport theorizing Goodell would have banned Gregg Williams' son from the NFL if he didn't sign that affidavit.
rqXac.gif
rqXac.gif
rqXac.gif

VsHHx.jpg

:jnc

Spinluck

awful.

The same could be said of the Chargers for the past 4-5yrs. People were real sure they'd win a SB, but they haven't. No one is saying they suck, or can never when an SB. But they haven't, despite playing in a weak division, and being one of the favorites in the AFC. Smith isn't better than Schaub, but as of late he's been a pretty decent decision maker and makes enough plays to win, I'd say he's a lil more consistent, and overall has better targets though. Texans have a better running game though, defense is still debateable, but the 49ners have played better teams.

cajunator

Banned
Saintsreport theorizing Goodell would have banned Gregg Williams' son from the NFL if he didn't sign that affidavit.
rqXac.gif
rqXac.gif
rqXac.gif

VsHHx.jpg

:jnc

I told you some of them are certifiably fucktarded.
There are threads that make sense but they often get buried because the fucktards are pretty vocal. But the same can be said for many groups.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
NOLA was Spanish for a while too. Its a mishmash of architecture and culture.
Honestly I wouldnt live in the city though. Im content to live two hours away in a place that doesnt flood during a sprinkle.

yeah I lve lived like 30 miles from atl for like almost 20 years and its perfect

MechDX

People rag on Schaub but his numbers are actually pretty good:

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/40998/on-matt-schaub-and-the-clutch-question

•From 2007 to 2011, Schaub is one of 13 quarterbacks who has been credited with at least 10 game-winning drives. That’s as many as Tom Brady (although Brady missed the 2008 season), but it’s also four fewer than David Garrard, who didn’t play in 2011.

•Since 2007, in 31 games the Texans lost or won by no more than seven points, Schaub threw for 9,201 yards. Only Philip Rivers, Drew Brees and Tony Romo had more passing yards in such games. But in those 31 games, the Texans were just 16-15.

Is that 16-15 record on Schaub? Only partly. We’re coming to realize that quarterback wins, like the concept of clutch, are a flawed way to measure the player's success. A guy can play great and not have enough around him to win. He can play poorly and benefit from a running back or a defense and win. One missed assignment can lead to a strip sack and a fumble that lose a game. One diving catch of a misplaced pass can save the day.

Arian hit the spotlight in 2010 when our defense was HISTORICALLY terrible. I think it was 4/6 blown 4th quarter leads they gave up. In 2011 things were going great till he went down and the defense improved exponentially.

Narag

I told you some of them are certifiably fucktarded.
There are threads that make sense but they often get buried because the fucktards are pretty vocal. But the same can be said for many groups.

I should visit more team forums because this is great.

"At what point do we sit Brees to protect him for next season"
"Can Brees kids and Paytons kids interact?"
"Super Bowl Neutral Ground Conspiracy Theory"

It's neat they have a Hunting & Fishing forum though.

MechDX

I should visit more team forums because this is great.

"At what point do we sit Brees to protect him for next season"
"Can Brees kids and Paytons kids interact?"
"Super Bowl Neutral Ground Conspiracy Theory"

It's neat they have a Hunting & Fishing forum though.

http://www.texanstalk.com/

Great forum. Someone from here pointed me towards it instead of the *official* Texan forums which is full of nutjobs. Most teams have fans registered there and talk up that weeks game with good discussion and just some tongue in cheek trash talk.

cajunator

Banned

Great forum. Someone from here pointed me towards it instead of the *official* Texan forums which is full of nutjobs. Most teams have fans registered there and talk up that weeks game with good discussion and just some tongue in cheek trash talk.

Nutjobs are the best though. Thats what defines the truly great forums from the also rans.
Also, I didnt see that "Sit Brees for the season" thread. Sounds amazing.

Narag

"Schaub or Luck for the rest of this season ONLY."

It looks pretty decent at a glance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom