• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 3 |OT| Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I haven't watched enough of Minny to say that is a crazy pick (though it really seems it as the Niners seem like the best team in football*).

But I can say with great confidence it will take a miracle for the Raiders to win. They have won twice against Ben. Once was when Ben got KTFO against Atlanta the week prior and this was before we cared about concussions. Ben went on to play possibly the worst game any qb has ever played (not really exaggerating) and even then I think we lost on a hail mary that came up like 2 yards shot. The other time we lost was when Brad Grabasski threw like 8 TDs in the 4th quarter and it came to who had the ball last. This occurred when we unleashed hell on the league.

I hope the Steelers do the smart thing and rest Troy and Harrison. I think even our scrubs on defense will hold the fort down enough for our offense to win this game.

This is the LOCK OF THE WEEK!

Also, amazing op except for the racist part about Pittsburgh, but honestly that was pretty light racism for a sconi.

* In September

:jnc

GQman2121

Banned
In the first two weeks of the season, Peyton Manning has attempted only 5 passes of 20 yards or more. He's completed zero - to his own team.

Wow......

eznark

Banned
She a colts fan?

Don't you pay any attention when we have our heart to hearts? She is a Bengals fan but really she just likes football because it's our day to eat really shitty food. She has a ton of appetizer/snack recipes that she breaks out during football season because she doesn't do many Fall/Winter races.

effzee

Guy on another board said he heard about Chad Johnson (from the station 1210 AM in Philly) possibly signing with the Eagles.

Then you look at Chad's Twitter, and...

If this is true don't know what to make of it. We do need help at WR because while I like Maclin and DJAX, both are small injury prone WRs. It's why I always wanted Boldin over Maclin, to compliment DJAX.

Couldn't hurt if his head is on right.

eznark

Banned
If this is true don't know what to make of it. We do need help at WR because while I like Maclin and DJAX, both are small injury prone WRs. It's why I always wanted Boldin over Maclin, to compliment DJAX.

Chad Johnson seems pretty much like the worst influence in the entire world for DeSean

Bowser

Yeah, maybe he knocked some sense into it...when he headbutted his wife

Sorry, you set it up so beautifully

Don't you pay any attention when we have our heart to hearts? She is a Bengals fan but really she just likes football because it's our day to eat really shitty food. She has a ton of appetizer/snack recipes that she breaks out during football season because she doesn't do many Fall/Winter races.

she run marathons?

I dont care about Chad being bad in the locker room, I just dont see how he is a fit for the offense. They need to bring someone in if Maclin is going to be out for a while, but Chad is slow now and he drops way more passes then he catches.

Striker

I dont care about Chad being bad in the locker room, I just dont see how he is a fit for the offense. They need to bring someone in if Maclin is going to be out for a while, but Chad is slow now and he drops way more passes then he catches.
Maybe you can bring back Sinorice Moss.

Borderlands 2 goodness incoming. Actually downloading pretty fast via Steam for once.

Shame that Russel Wilson will have to be embarrassed on the national stage on Monday. Betting Clay with 1 1/2 more sacks next game; pretty good start to the season.

eznark

Banned
Why no pre-load?

And for once I am jealous of your schedule! Fucking rain forced me to skip playing Tim Taylor today and go into the office.

I lost it at the Pittsburgh picture.

lol

Thursday, September 20th
NYG @ CAR

Sunday, September 23th
TB @ DAL
JAC @ IND
BUF @ CLE
NYJ @ MIA
KC @ NO
CIN @ WAS
STL @ CHI
SF @ MIN
DET @ TEN

ATL @ SD
PHI @ ARI
PIT @ OAK
HOU @ DEN

NE @ BAL

Monday, September 24th
GB @ SEA

Why no pre-load?

And for once I am jealous of your schedule! Fucking rain forced me to skip playing Tim Taylor today and go into the office.

I actually remoted into my home computer from the office to download it . I have an early day today though. Got it for a sale price somewhere else so I got an activation key instead of ordering thru steam. Was too lazy to do it last night since I knew I'd be in work anyway.

Bowser

Holy shit, did anyone notice that ESPN's added QBR to their box scores now?

XFG76.jpg

They just won't let that shit die :jnc

eznark

Banned
I can't stop looking at the Jay Cutler photoshop. Seriously, that's fucking amazing. I thought you were building it up way too much the last couple days but by God did you deliver.

Were you inspired by Winter of the World releasing?

bionic77

The only time it's okay to have sex with an animal is when it's a female packers fan.
I am pretty sure that is still illegal in most states.

The liberal media and the Democrats were too busy giving rights to the negroes but no one noticed they were taking away the rights of the sconis. First they took away their right to beastiality in 40 states, then Obama took away the bible, and last of all they are going to take away their most precious commodity, their guns. Some sconis blame Obama for their lack of teeth, but that is just BS politics. Sconis didn't have teeth before 2008 either.

eznark

Banned
I am pretty sure that is still illegal in most states.

The liberal media and the Democrats were too busy giving rights to the negroes but no one noticed they were taking away the rights of the sconis. First they took away their right to beastiality in 40 states, then Obama took away the bible, and last of all they are going to take away their most precious commodity, their guns. Some sconis blame Obama for their lack of teeth, but that is just BS politics. Sconis didn't have teeth before 2008 either.

6a00e551db9e1a88340120a6d55fd5970b-pi

So how bout them refs. I didn't see all of the game yesterday but man, what a clusterfuck. Seems they're getting worse as they go on. I honestly thought they did OK week 1, they kept out of the way for the most part and let them play. But it's been a mess recently. Easily the worst game yet I'd say.

So how bout them refs. I didn't see all of the game yesterday but man, what a clusterfuck. Seems they're getting worse as they go on. I honestly thought they did OK week 1, they kept out of the way for the most part and let them play. But it's been a mess recently. Easily the worst game yet I'd say.

Lol and primetime games are supposed to have the best of the replacement officials. What a joke.

The weird thing is Dave Spaddaro said that the NFL contacted the new refs before the week 2 games and told them to speed things up and not take so long getting balls spotted and such, and yet it seemed like that stuff took way longer this week. We are close to having 4 hour games. It sucked that I missed the 1st quarter of the late games since the Eagles game went 40 mins over due to all the scab huddles and fights that kept breaking out.

gutshot

Don't know if this was posted in the old thread, it may have been since the interview was from yesterday, but Deadspin just picked it up...

Scab Ref Tells LeSean McCoy: “I Need You For My Fantasy Team”

It's an important distinction to note that most criticism of the replacement officials is directed not at them, but at the league for forcing it to come to this point. We know the refs are doing the best they can; we know they're just not prepared. (More than getting the calls right, memorizing the rule book and keeping control of the game is hard. It takes years of experience.) So when a huge Saints fan gets slated to work a Saints game, that's the league's fault for not catching it in their "background checks." When a ref who received paychecks from the Seahawks for three years actually worked a Seahawks game, that was the league's fault too.

But this? If this is true, we might have reached the bottom of the professionalism barrel.

Eagles running back LeSean McCoy went on 94WIP in Philadelphia yesterday, and touched on how the refs tend to be intimidated and influenced by players and crowds. Not a surprise—this week, 14 of 16 home teams won their games. But he also gave an example of how the replacement refs seem more like contest winners than hardened employees.

"They're like fans, kind of though. I'll be honest, they're like fans. One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy [team].'"

Fantasy football, unlike betting, isn't specifically prohibited. But fantasy can have some big money attached—and replacement refs could be the rare fantasy players who actually have a say in the outcomes of games. If McCoy is telling the truth, we've got a major problem with the scabs. Well, another major problem.

If they are trying to get McCoy more fantasy points, they are doing a crappy job of it with all those holding calls (cue eznark's snarky reply).

eznark

Banned
If it happened guy should be fired.

Kind of kills the Philly narrative of "scab refs are out to get us" though.

Who has said that the scab refs are out to get us? They did fuck over the Eagles against the Browns but it more of the scab refs are just incompetent and have no idea what they are doing, then they are favoring certain teams. If any thing they seem to favor the home team more. I heard today they fired the refs that was the Saints fan, so I bet they will fire this guy as well.

gutshot

To be fair, all of Philly thinks all refs in all sports are out to get their home team. We like to be inclusive, and not just limit it to the scabs.

This also extends to national media guys, who all secretly hate Philly and always try to put them down or call their big plays with less enthusiasm than they call other teams' big plays.

eznark

Banned
To be fair, all of Philly thinks all refs in all sports are out to get their home team. We like to be inclusive, and not just limit it to the scabs.

This also extends to national media guys, who all secretly hate Philly and always try to put them down or call their big plays with less enthusiasm than they call other teams' big plays.

I don't think that's a conspiracy. I think people from Philadelphia are pretty much universally loathed.

TheLegendary said:
The length of the games and the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get things moving irks me more than any of the calls. The game took forever last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom