• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Quick thoughts:

Benson is legit.
I'd go gay for Cobb
Our defense is so elite at being bad, but made some plays when they needed.
Fuck the refs.
Fuck the trashy dirty ass Saints and punk ass Drew Brees

Xeke

Banned
Dream Team time.

images

images

images

images

images

Quick thoughts:

Benson is legit.
I'd go gay for Cobb
Our defense is so elite at being bad, but made some plays when they needed.
Fuck the refs.
Fuck the trashy dirty ass Saints and punk ass Drew Brees
I think the defense showed that we should never ever play zone. No communication. I still think we can be alright, where alright is defined as "if we sneak in the playoffs we might be able to play out of our minds defensively for 4 games and steal a championship".

Cobb/Jones/Jennings. Don't need anyone else.
There I fixed it!

Jordy acquitted himself nicely down the stretch though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Vikebike owned me
Seachickens being Seachickens
Fucking RGIII

7Ba21.png

-20 points... Fuck >_<
Come on G-Men and Cowboys *vomits*

squicken

I thought Tannehill had NFL skills but would need to sit a year dude looks good. Tough losses for them but I'm sort of changing my mind on sherman/Philbin, That offense has no talent and they've got them going

DMczaf

The offense played crappy series that put the D in bad spots.

Redskins scored TDs on a 7 play 75 yard drive, and a 2 play 60 yard drive. Also gave up a 6 play, 67 yard drive that ended in a missed FG. They only were put in a bad position once in the entire 1st half, and that ended in a TD.

How is that playing well in the 1st half?

cajunator

Banned
Alright Saints it's time for a deal. Give us Brees and you can have Ken Whisenhunt for the year

Nope.

FOX lauding Brees' stat padding. smh

You know that kind of stuff doesnt make sense. Brees is paid to get the team points. thats what he does. why is that stat padding? He already won a super bowl. He doesnt have to depend on stats. He just wants to win games. If the defense doesnt do it, guess who has to step up?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Have you seen Atlanta's schedule?

I seriously doubt that Carolina, Tampa, and New Orleans will end up with worse records then the Colts, Jaguars, and Titans. Looking at both schedules, they will probably both be around 9-2 at Thanksgiving week, with the Falcons much more likely to lose an in-division game and the NFC South much more likely to have a 4 (or more) win second place team by week 12.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Nope.

You know that kind of stuff doesnt make sense. Brees is paid to get the team points. thats what he does. why is that stat padding? He already won a super bowl. He doesnt have to depend on stats. He just wants to win games. If the defense doesnt do it, guess who has to step up?

Brees should be the new place kicker.

Levyne

Banned
I am already wondering how badly the Bears will screw up for all to see tomorrow.

I can only hope the Eagles do just as poorly to spread the laughs.

I think the defense showed that we should never ever play zone. No communication. I still think we can be alright, where alright is defined as "if we sneak in the playoffs we might be able to play out of our minds defensively for 4 games and steal a championship".

Don't know why Capers does it any time we face a good QB. He really doesn't trust his players to line up against good talent, yet it seems like (to my untrained eye) whenever we start moving towards it we look better. That's where Tramon Shields and Woodson all excel. Shields get's beat in man, sure, but he's lost in zone.

Sure, Capers may be trying to avoid the big play but you just can't let good QBs sit back and pick apart your defense. First half I'd be surprised if we played any less than 90% zone. So not only are you playing a defense which imo we don't excel at, but you're playing it consistently so the QB knows exactly what youre going to do all game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Just for extra points.

"Single season record holder for points scored. DREW BRREEEEEEEEEEESSSS! DREEEEWWWWW BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES"

Makes me pine for the days when we could classlessly run up the score on anyone in the dome.

LJ11

I thought Tannehill had NFL skills but would need to sit a year dude looks good. Tough losses for them but I'm sort of changing my mind on sherman/Philbin, That offense has no talent and they've got them going

People were too down on the Dolphins. Yeah they have shit at receiver and they're secondary is suspect but their front 7 was pretty good the last few years. Expectations were too low, and Tannehill will be the best QB in the division in a few years and one of the better QBs in the AFC.

Good job by the Bills today. Pathetic showing by all, except Gilmore. Lost two OL, Cordy Glenn was playing well too. This team is a joke from top to bottom, it's great that Mario is on this team actually. Perfect figured head.

They allowed cheap shots against their teammates with no recourse, just folded up like a tent. Pathetic, disgusting, etc. No fucking balls. Dave Wannstedt is fucking terrible. Welker is smoking Rogers and he keeps running the same coverage, with the same CB. Same Nickel D all game. It's funny, the Pats did to the Bills what the Bills do to teams, spread to run with zero intent on actually passing the ball. "Put your big nickel on the field fool, so we can run all over you." And they obliged.

Brinbe

Alright, Giants fans, let's do this... Fully expecting that y'all will prevail, but hoping for a good game, nonetheless.

Don't know why Capers does it any time we face a good QB. He really doesn't trust his players to line up against good talent, yet it seems like (to my untrained eye) whenever we start moving towards it we look better. That's where Tramon Shields and Woodson all excel. Shields get's beat in man, sure, but he's lost in zone.

Sure, Capers may be trying to avoid the big play but you just can't let good QBs sit back and pick apart your defense. First half I'd be surprised if we played any less than 90% zone. So not only are you playing a defense which imo we don't excel at, but you're playing it consistently so the QB knows exactly what youre going to do all game.
It's more subtle than just playing good QBs, since we played a couple of those down the stretch in '10 (just Brady, Eli, and Ben but still) and we were basically exclusively man. So I'm not sure why he wants to play zone -- but I do agree, and think it's fairly obvious really, that our personnel at CB excels in man and is a liability in zone.

Top Bottom