• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

bionic77

You took Dallas? I took Chicago.

Determines which QB chokes worse.
Both teams suck ass. I have no confidence in either of them.

You should be glad to know that the only team I had confidence in this week was the Texans (who I picked in the office elimination, in large part also because of who they played).

bionic77

Even if that's true, should he be coaching? The illness and the treatment are going to be hard as hell on him.
I think being at work is great when you are sick with something like this. Helps take your mind off the chemo and all of the other shit you will be thinking about.

Who knows if he can do his job as well as he used to, but it isn't like the Colts are going anywhere and a well run organization can find ways to help him as well.

MechDX

Both teams suck ass. I have no confidence in either of them.

You should be glad to know that the only team I had confidence in this week was the Texans (who I picked in the office elimination, in large part also because of who they played).

You're the only non Texan fan here who gives our D credit for being good. We got respect to earn and Im hoping this is the year. After yesterdays game I caught myself screaming after the second pick 6 "I WANT THE FUCKING RAVENS NOW!" :jnc

bionic77

You're the only non Texan fan here who gives our D credit for being good. We got respect to earn and Im hoping this is the year. After yesterdays game I caught myself screaming after the second pick 6 "I WANT THE FUCKING RAVENS NOW!" :jnc
I give you guys credit because last year yours was the only team that destroyed us when healthy. Then your team angered some God and everyone got injured. This was not like 10 years ago when your team have 10 yards and still beat us.

I think the Texans are definitely legit but as always in football you have to peak and be healthy in the postseason.

eznark

Banned
They could wait for the Colts to release a statement. Might be nice

Seriously. On what fucking planet is "scooping" someone's "serious illness" important? He came on the radio and was like "I've been working on this all morning and the Indy Star has now reported..." so not only did he not break the news which he had been trying to do all day, he also spent his entire morning working on breaking it.

What a slimy fuck.

I give you guys credit because last year yours was the only team that destroyed us when healthy. Then your team angered some God and everyone got injured. This was not like 10 years ago when your team have 10 yards and still beat us.

I think the Texans are definitely legit but as always in football you have to peak and be healthy in the postseason.

I think i'd like to see the Texans win some more late season games before I think they're legit.

eznark

Banned
I will go on my Pagano rant another day. Plenty in my post history. One of the saddest things I ever saw was a family friend die of leukemia. Just can't dump on the guy today

Out of curiosity is it based just on these three games? It's not like he has ever been in a position where his decisions were particularly impactful before this season.

So Brian Hartline set the franchise record for most receiving yards in a game with 253 yesterday. 4 thoughts:

1. Against the Cardinals!? Impressive.

2. Sure am glad I started him in FF!

3. If Tannehill can look this good with this receiving core I can't wait to see what he can do with some legitimate receivers (Hartline and Bess aren't bad but neither of them are close to being a number 1 guy).

4. The next Dan Marino?
lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Seriously. On what fucking planet is "scooping" someone's "serious illness" important? He came on the radio and was like "I've been working on this all morning and the Indy Star has now reported..." so not only did he not break the news which he had been trying to do all day, he also spent his entire morning working on breaking it.

What a slimy fuck.

Heard on Mike & Mike heading into work that it was a guy who knew a guy X10 who knew someone at the hospital. So yeah, HIPPA violation.

squicken

It's a lame thing to scoop but I guess the team was going to divulge the illness at its press conference.

I will say that I don't like Arians much either. The Rams ran the ball 27 times for 75 yards Sunday. When your OL has protection issues, you have to run it. Even McCarthy figured this out. Luck scrambles for his life every game. I sort of thought Pagano would step in and make Arians run it. Left to his own devices idk what he'll do

ez: I've never liked in general guys who come from established systems. All DCs look good in BAL. And yeah it's 3 games, but it's so many things. I really feel like luck is carrying that team more than people realize

bionic77

I think i'd like to see the Texans win some more late season games before I think they're legit.
You can be legit and still shit the bed in the postseason.

It is not like things are static. I think the biggest factor at the end of the season is obviously health. Better to be the 9-7 team going into the postseason with everyone 100% then the 13-3 team with homefield and a shit load of injuries.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
BTW I need to apologize to Saints GAF and NFL GAF for my Garrett Hartley comment. I say some real stupid shit when my team loses. :(

K-19

Banned
I didn't write anything about how I feel after the win of the 49ers last night, so go:

I feel half confident for our future. The thing is that I didn't expected that from this game, I expected that the Jets would play better. Was I awaiting too much? Maybe, but I still expected it. The thing is that our game against the vike was a real massacre, the vike O was just perfect, and our was questionnable with some average plays. But you know, a loss can wake up people, make them think about what they really are, then they can correct their bad and show big things. I didn't see extraordinary things, I just saw my team killing one of the worst team in the entire NFL.

For me this game should have been a fight between two teams that have things to prove to everybody, our offense should have pass through a decent D and show to people they have enhanced a lot of stuff. What about the deep pass? What about Alex Smith targeting well the payers? These questions still unanwsered in my head and I don't like it. What about our offense against a good D which can easily block all our runs? What are the alternative? We not gonna play against the Jets for the 12 next games!!

In fact you now, I am not even satisfied by this win b/c they were so much plays or TD occasions which were fucked up that I am looking more on it than on the good moves and the accomplished TD. There were good moves (with Kaep) but not enough regular and consistent that can make me feel alright. What would recomfort me is that we can show CONSISTENTE plays against a GOOD or at least an AVERAGE D.
Till there I still half happy, half not so.

Lol next game against Bills ...

FFtalk:

Yes! 104.46 points against 85.34 for wes in Chuckd's league. All depends on what will produce matt forte and the Bears D Tuesday. All my hope of winning the match up against wes and get the 5th spot are still alive. Tell me that Bears sucks, tell me that Bears suck please.

Oh, what about Stevan Ridley? Do you think he can get as important as Brown became for the Giants (till last night)? He is a safe RB2 spot, but what about his future?

MechDX

Not putting the cart before the horse but with as bad as our division is our "season" may be pretty much done by week 14. Week 14 we play the Pats on MNF and if things continue to play out the way they are the divsion could be settled and that game will basically decide playoff seeding. Our last 3 games are: Colts, Vikings, @ Colts.

Unless of course the we piss off another god and our entire team goes on IR.

eznark

Banned
It's a lame thing to scoop but I guess the team was going to divulge the illness at its press conference.

I will say that I don't like Arians much either. The Rams ran the ball 27 times for 75 yards Sunday. When your OL has protection issues, you have to run it. Even McCarthy figured this out. Luck scrambles for his life every game. I sort of thought Pagano would step in and make Arians run it. Left to his own devices idk what he'll do

ez: I've never liked in general guys who come from established systems. All DCs look good in BAL. And yeah it's 3 games, but it's so many things. I really feel like luck is carrying that team more than people realize

He's also had fucking LEUKEMIA! Might be time to clean the slate and reevaluate him next year.

You can be legit and still shit the bed in the postseason.

It is not like things are static. I think the biggest factor at the end of the season is obviously health. Better to be the 9-7 team going into the postseason with everyone 100% then the 13-3 team with homefield and a shit load of injuries.

Nah, not postseason. Anything can happen in the postseason. I mean late in the regular season.

Last year the Texans went on a losing streak late, including their yearly Colts game bed shitting. Granted they had TJ Yates, but still. Good teams win late in the season.

MechDX

I agree.

Tebow couldn't resurrect the Jets until they were dead. The time is now.

swatt.gif

still worried about this game! Bits its NFL GAF so...

bionic77

Nah, not postseason. Anything can happen in the postseason. I mean late in the regular season.

Last year the Texans went on a losing streak late, including their yearly Colts game bed shitting. Granted they had TJ Yates, but still. Good teams win late in the season.
That is BS dude.

How many teams are going to win anything with their 2nd and 3rd string qb's? If anything I thought their record last year, despite losing their qb, showed how good their team really was.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How good do you think the Jets can be with Tebow as their starting QB? It's an honest question, I'm not trying to be snarky or anything.

Can't be worse.

Tebow as bad as he was last season didn't turn the ball over and kept his team in the game. Sanchez has a completion percentage under 50% now for the year, TEBOW COULD DO THAT.

Also Tebow was legitimately great for 1 quarter a game last season. Sanchez is legitimately great for 0 quarters a game. It's a no brainer move to make the switch at this point.

I will say that I don't like Arians much either. The Rams ran the ball 27 times for 75 yards Sunday. When your OL has protection issues, you have to run it. Even McCarthy figured this out. Luck scrambles for his life every game. B] I sort of thought[Pagano would step in and make Arians run it. [/B] Left to his own devices idk what he'll do

Steelers fans complained about the bolded a lot, but do head coaches actually do this? If the head coach has to tell the Co-ordinators what to run, he may as well fire them.

That is BS dude.

How many teams are going to win anything with their 2nd and 3rd string qb's? If anything I thought their record last year, despite losing their qb, showed how good their team really was.

Colts had Curtis Tainter (or was it Orlovsky by that time? Either way) at QB last year. Texans were winning that game.

Slo

I can't wait until Rex really starts getting those NYC lights turned up on him. New curse words will be invented.

Bob Kravitz on SiriusXM saying he found out about it by a car dealer last week. The car dealers wife worked at the hospital and told him Chuck was at the hosptial. Bob just waited for the team to announce it to the players to break the news this morning.

Classy. Hope she gets in trouble.

Bowser

People hate Cam so much, it's mind boggling. If Cam ever yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FIELD" like bitch Ryan did yesterday, he'd be lampooned as immature and a thug, but because Ryan did it, you won't hear a peep.

Once he agrees to take Sanchez out that's it for him (Sanchez) in New York.
I think you're probably right.

People hate Cam so much, it's mind boggling. If Cam ever yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FIELD" like bitch Ryan did yesterday, he'd be lampooned as immature and a thug, but because Ryan did it, you won't hear a peep.
Does anyone like Matt Ryan to begin with, though?

And honestly I want to like Cam because he's fun to watch but he's been making it really hard lately. He just has a really obnoxious attitude.

Slo

Edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Disregard.

eznark

Banned
^ Matt Ryan, slo. Get your head out of the muskie ass and pay attention

I ripped him yesterday!

but I hate everyone so that's probably little consolation to you

Seda

All the QBs are hated here.

Except Ponder. He's our hero.

Top Bottom