• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

People hate Cam so much, it's mind boggling. If Cam ever yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FIELD" like bitch Ryan did yesterday, he'd be lampooned as immature and a thug, but because Ryan did it, you won't hear a peep.

salt.jpg

Also, you just gave me a different idea for your avatar....a better one! Thanks!

Everyone loves Matty Ice here...
I hated him long before his NFL days, even. I was at the VT - Boston College game when we were both ranked in the top 10 and he brought them back from down 10-0 in the last 5 minutes to pull off a miracle win. Not including serious life stuff like people dying that was the single worst night of my life.

eznark

Banned
I hated him long before his NFL days, even. I was at the VT - Boston College game when we were both ranked in the top 10 and he brought them back from down 10-0 in the last 5 minutes to pull off a miracle win. Not including serious life stuff like people dying that was the single worst night of my life.

I went to a few BC games when he was the QB. I am stunned that he is as good as he is. Guy was a statue with a marginal arm in college, can't believe he turned that into an NFL career.

Remembering those games and guys like Brady in college and man, evaluating a QB based on college play (not even stats, just how they play) is total guesswork. Just a fucking crap shoot.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, Cam's problem is that he has a wide receiver personality. Sulking when he loses, over-celebrating his victories, not paying attention to the team that helped him.

It's just weird to see in a QB, that's all.

Cousteau

"What if I told you.....that ..attaching your name to a story before anyone else sometimes IS a matter of life and death."

30 for 30

Mort Gonna Mort

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Once he agrees to take Sanchez out that's it for him (Sanchez) in New York.

Why the hell should Rex give a shit about that? His ass is fired if the team at the very least doesn't make the playoffs this year. The way Sanchez has been playing the last 3 weeks you really can't make an argument that he deserves to be the starting QB for the rest of the season.

Jets should give him 1 half against the Texans to get his shit together or tell him to pack his bags.

Suck for Geno!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
People hate Cam so much, it's mind boggling. If Cam ever yelled "GET THE FUCK OFF MY FIELD" like bitch Ryan did yesterday, he'd be lampooned as immature and a thug, but because Ryan did it, you won't hear a peep.

He wins and celebrates "OMG WHAT A SHOWBOAT"
He loses and looks glum "OMG WHAT A CRYBABY"
He scores every TD his team has "LUCKY GAME"
He has a bad day, like every QB "I'VE BEEN SAYING SCAM SUCKED SINCE 2001!"

He's just hated, brah. Then again, so is every QB.

I went to a few BC games when he was the QB. I am stunned that he is as good as he is. Guy was a statue with a marginal arm in college, can't believe he turned that into an NFL career.

Remembering those games and guys like Brady in college and man, evaluating a QB based on college play (not even stats, just how they play) is total guesswork. Just a fucking crap shoot.
It is really strange how that stuff works out sometimes. I wonder how much of it is a result of good QB coaches in the NFL?

Excellently stated
It's true, and it made me picture Brandon Marshall as a QB which makes it even better. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Yep, because god knows there have been plenty of studs in college who were complete turds in the NFL.

Also, Cam likes to walk off by himself on the sideline when the offense isn't on the field, with the towel over his head. Not a teammate in sight.

K-19

Banned

I don't hate Cam, he is just childish. He is crying for himself and he is not thinking about the key thing in his team: his fucking TEAM, composed by human being trained to get the best of themselves physicaly and mentally They are ready to obey to any order from the High and they just want in return a lot of money but, above all, A MOTHERFUCKING LEADER, not a little girl. PEACE.

Can't be worse.

Tebow as bad as he was last season didn't turn the ball over and kept his team in the game. Sanchez has a completion percentage under 50% now for the year, TEBOW COULD DO THAT.

Also Tebow was legitimately great for 1 quarter a game last season. Sanchez is legitimately great for 0 quarters a game. It's a no brainer move to make the switch at this point.

I would like to see Greg McElroy taking first team reps in practice instead of Tebow tbh.

Why the hell should Rex give a shit about that? His ass is fired if the team at the very least doesn't make the playoffs this year. The way Sanchez has been playing the last 3 weeks you really can't make an argument that he deserves to be the starting QB for the rest of the season.

Jets should give him 1 half against the Texans to get his shit together or tell him to pack his bags.

Suck for Geno!

His alternative is Tim Tebow. I know everybody loves him here (including me) but let's face facts - Tebow is not a good QB. You're not making it to the AFC Championship with Tim Tebow. At least Sanchez has made it there before.

Didn't get to see much football yesterday, between a hockey game in northern VA and driving back to NC. We stopped in a BWW for lunch and I let the games soak in for a bit. LOL'd at the Niners/Jest score. I think it was 17-0 at that point.

I saw that the Seahawks appear to be bumming that the real refs are back.

And of course the Lions. What can you say about the Lions at this point?

Who will be the first coach fired this season? Schwartz? Rex? Payt-- oh.

Everyone loves Andy Dalton.

O1EsL.jpg

MechDX

Everyone is ragging on Sanchez, and rightfully so, but who do the Jets have around him? Seriously. Holmes was abou it and he is very doubtful.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
His alternative is Tim Tebow. I know everybody loves him here (including me) but let's face facts - Tebow is not a good QB. You're not making it to the AFC Championship with Tim Tebow. At least Sanchez has made it there before.

We'll make it there if we get to play the Steelers in the playoffs.

And Sanchez has been shit. The Jets would have made a SB at some point in the last 3 years if we had a respectable NFL calibur QB on the field.

Milchjon

Cam Newton is a black Wes Welker
Welker doesn't sulk.

Also, I love love love Wes so much. They really need to pay him. I know everyone acts like it's the system and he's replaceable and whatever, but it just works with him and Brady. Even if it's just Brady trusting him more than any other guy, it clearly works.

Derrick01

Banned

Because he should have been in jail before he ever got to the NFL.

And Sanchez has been shit. The Jets would have made a SB at some point in the last 3 years if we had a respectable NFL calibur QB on the field.
I think you're right about this. Maybe not the SB part, but the general idea. I've always felt like any sucess the Jets have had in however many years Sanchez has been there was in spite of him, not because of him. He's like a Trent Dilfer that also makes really stupid decisions.

Hate to be that guy that hand waves playoff wins, but Tebow's win against us last year was a fluke. Lebeau was arrogant and paid for it. Tebow made throws that he previously never did against anybody against us. It took the best he had. Who seriously expects him to win that way three times on the way to a Super Bowl?

Everyone is ragging on Sanchez, and rightfully so, but who do the Jets have around him? Seriously. Holmes was abou it and he is very doubtful.

It doesn't matter who they hsve around him, he sucks. You could give him Larry Fitzgerald and Adrian Peterson and it wouldn't give him any better deep ball ability or pocket presence.

bionic77

I agree, I really don't know why Rex refuses to put him in.
He is saving him for November when he will throw Sanchez under the bus and put in Tim to save his job and start the Jets on their improbable path to a Superbowl.

It is fitting that Tebow will win the Jets a SB. The Jets won their last SB with a sleazy cross-dressing perv. Now they are going to win the next 5 SBs with a virtuous and sexless mangod.

This is how it has to go. The NFL already sold the script to Hollywood. If they put in Tebow now it wouldn't make a very good movie.

I'm going to be so sad if people ever stop making excuses for Sanchez.

He has a point though. His receivers are now Jeremy Kerley, Chas Schilens and if he's healthy, Stephen Hill. On top of that the Jets can't run the ball because Greene sucks. And its hard to have an effective passing game if you're Sanchez without a run game. I put the talent blame on the GM but Sanchez gets some blame too for his awful decision making skills.

Milchjon

I haven't really been following Ponder this season, is he really doing that great?

Cause he seemed extremely likeable from the Everything to Prove episodes last year.

LJ11

My uncle had leukemia, his brother was a match so he survived, early nineties. Terrible desease to witness up close, especially as a kid, remember spending hours in the hospital with my mom and bro. Survived it, lived another 15 years, but dropped dead a couple of years ago, really funny dude, spent an entire summer with him the year before he died, was a good time.

Bills related:

The most discouraging thing about it is they literally ran maybe three running plays," Williams said. "They ran the same thing over and over and over."

"They have what's called a linebacker trap," Williams said. "They'll block back on the nose [Marcell Dareus]. They'll double the 3 [Williams], and pull the guy around. And they ran what's called a kick play. Double the two inside guys and run the ball to the perimeter, either cut back in or back out. I might have gotten three or four different run blocks all game. [They ran] a few stretch plays. ... It was disappointing how we handled that."

"We did different things on defense," Williams said. "We ran different plays. We got in different fronts. But it had more to do with fits. It wasn't about not adjusting. We didn't fit those runs up very well, no matter what we played."

Too funny, my translation: "We adjusted and still couldn't do a thing about it, we just suck."

Maybe it's the homer in me but I think Spikes should be suspended for that hit. Cowardly cheap hit, you want to clean up the game get that shit out first.

Talon

I think that GTech game when he made that absurd sideline completion while getting nailed was the first time I was really impressed with him. I was concerned about his arm strength, but the guy made miracles out of Calendar and...a whole bunch of garbage that season.

Slo

I haven't really been following Ponder this season, is he really doing that great?

Cause he seemed extremely likeable from the Everything to Prove episodes last year.

He is progressing. His completion percentage is off the charts because we don't ask him to do much. He's led some nice clutch drives and hasn't thrown an interception so far this year.

Not so much against the lions yesterday but he has been playing mistake free football while being very accurate. No gaudy numbers but overall drastically better than last year.

bionic77

Hate to be that guy that hand waves playoff wins, but Tebow's win against us last year was a fluke. Lebeau was arrogant and paid for it. Tebow made throws that he previously never didagainst anybody against us. It took the best he had. Who seriously expects him to win that way three times on the way to a Super Bowl?
You disgust me.

I expect this nonsense from a Pats fan but to see this insanity from one of our own?

Where did it go wrong for deacon? He used to be such a good kid and now he is ripping on Tebow like all of the other wastrels!

CrankyJay

Banned
Maybe it's the homer in me but I think Spikes should be suspended for that hit. Cowardly cheap hit, you want to clean up the game get that shit out first.

I'd like to see it reviewed. It seemed like a textbook targeting of the head...he left his feet so his shoulder pad could make contact with Chandler's head.

cajunator

Banned
It's so much worse when your own players do it.

Holy shit I totally forgot the Saints don't have any picks. God damn it would be delicious to see them finish with the worst record and not get the one benefit out of it!

The Saints have had better luck with 2-7th round picks. Most of their recent first rounders have been bust city. You can take away the 1-2 round picks. they wouldnt benefit the Saints anyway.

FMT I think both of us owe yankee an apology.

For the past two years we have been shitting on him almost every week for his undying love of the best qb in the game, Kevin "4-0" Kolb. Neither of our teams or qb's can say the same. Now it is time to apologize and say he was right all along and that the Eagles should have paid the man. Just think how much better the Eagles or Niners or Steelers would be with such a magnificent qb?

Thank God the Steelers are playing Vick next week. With him we at least have a chance.

LOL you are so silly with this. I didnt get to see any of the Cards game so I have no idea how Kolb did. I did watch most of the 9ers Jets game, and I dont know if I have ever seen an offense more out matched. The Jets might not score if they played 16 games against the 9ers. Sanchez has regressed so badly. His accuracy is terrible, he rushes throws like crazy, no pocket sense at all. He really might be the worst starter now. I kind of feel bad for Rex. He traded up and put his whole job in this guys hands and clearly it was a mistake. I doubt Tebow would even help with how terrible the OL and WRs are.

Man last nights Eagles game was great. It is amazing how they always seem to find away against the Giants. Osi was terrible, the whole Eagles offense was baiting him to crash inside and then beat him to the edge. There were plays when they didnt even block him and he would still just crash right inside. His lack of discipline single handedly killed the Giants defense. Eagles ST need to get better, they gave the Giants great starting field position all game. I was really impressed with the defense. Even though they didnt get any sacks the pressure made Eli throw the ball off his back foot and early most of the night.

Top Bottom