• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

More later.

mccarthyface.gif

No. If Triplette was trying to screw the Packers he would have totally fucked it up and accidentally made every call go the Packers way. That guy is the fucking epitome of incompetence.

He was just making the game interesting!

Hilariously ironic that Packers fas were begging for real refs then proceed to get fucked by one on the first game back.

I hope Reid concludes the give the ball to the running back experiment was a total failure and throws it 40 times in a row against the Steelers. Hopefully Harrison is back to normal and takes advantage of that huge hole on the left side of your life as well. You guys will probably beat us if McCoy gets the ball 25+ times. Vick is our best chance for a W.

Must be nice having a running back. I wouldn't know*!

* Truth be told, Eagles fan usually don't either!

Man you really dont know much about the Eagles recent history. They went from Rickey Watters to Charlie Garner to Deuce to B West to Shady. The Eagles always have a good RB. I think the Eagles will have more success throwing then running against the Steelers. I dont think the Steelers secondary has the speed to keep up with the Eagles WRs. Both teams are going to score a bunch though.

bionic77

Man you really dont know much about the Eagles recent history. They went from Rickey Watters to Charlie Garner to Deuce to B West to Shady. The Eagles always have a good RB. I think the Eagles will have more success throwing then running against the Steelers. I dont think the Steelers secondary has the speed to keep up with the Eagles WRs. Both teams are going to score a bunch though.
Dude I have been watching the Eagles since the 80s. I live in PA and not far from Philly so I get every Eagles game (and thankfully pretty much every Steelers game). I was just making fun of the Reid era and his refusal to run the ball (which I hope is the case next week!).

I am officially worried about this game. Your team actually has a defense. Our only hope is that Reid and Vick work together to keep us in this game or giftwrap it for us. I was hoping that Harrison came back and gave us a pass rush, but he is a fucking retard who is using the regular season to get better on company time.

Fuck you Harrison!

He was just making the game interesting!

Hilariously ironic that Packers fas were begging for real refs then proceed to get fucked by one on the first game back.
Best thing is he totally caved to the home crowd just like the replacement refs got crap for on that holding call on the Saints FG. I haven't seen the play again and it probably was legitimate, but how often do you hear of holding called on a FG?

Said it before the game. Triplette is easily as bad as some of the replacement refs. Poor move to put him on the Packers game.

brentech

Best thing is he totally caved to the home crowd just like the replacement refs got crap for on that holding call on the Saints FG. I haven't seen the play again and it probably was legitimate, but how often do you hear of holding called on a FG?

Said it before the game. Triplette is easily as bad as some of the replacement refs. Poor move to put him on the Packers game.

eh, he called a holding call on each team during XPs earlier in the game. Wasn't just a weird make up. Apparently that's his thing this season.

eznark

Banned

It was a tackle, good call. Which is why it was so surprising he called it.

Bowser

Not going to lie, I'd rather wear this hideous thing then some stupid Hello Kitty avatar that might get me mistaken for a brony or something

Dude I have been watching the Eagles since the 80s. I live in PA and not far from Philly so I get every Eagles game (and thankfully pretty much every Steelers game). I was just making fun of the Reid era and his refusal to run the ball (which I hope is the case next week!).

I am officially worried about this game. Your team actually has a defense. Our only hope is that Reid and Vick work together to keep us in this game or giftwrap it for us. I was hoping that Harrison came back and gave us a pass rush, but he is a fucking retard who is using the regular season to get better on company time.

Fuck you Harrison!

Steelers will be favorites and deservedly so. Your offense is a matchup nightmare for the Eagles defense. Unlike Flacco and Eli, Ben wont just throw the ball away if the rush gets near him. He shrugs off sacks all the time, and the Eagles undersized DL will have trouble bringing him down. The Eagles also have smaller DBs and I could see Wallace easily winning a few jump balls against them. I think the Steelers D will be way more disciplined then the Giants, you guys dont have an Osi for the Eagles to pick on. My guess is it winds up becoming so crazy shootout last team with the ball wins type game, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Eagles came out flat after beating the Giants nd heading into the bye.

That really sucks about Pagano, hope he makes a full recovery. My long time friend just lost his wife to leukemia over a month ago...she was only 38. Scary, scary shit.

Steelers will be favorites and deservedly so. Your offense is a matchup nightmare for the Eagles defense. Unlike Flacco and Eli, Ben wont just throw the ball away if the rush gets near him. He shrugs off sacks all the time, and the Eagles undersized DL will have trouble bringing him down. The Eagles also have smaller DBs and I could see Wallace easily winning a few jump balls against them. I think the Steelers D will be way more disciplined then the Giants, you guys dont have an Osi for the Eagles to pick on. My guess is it winds up becoming so crazy shootout last team with the ball wins type game, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Eagles came out flat after beating the Giants nd heading into the bye.

Vick's arm won't do him much good against our secondary. Vick likes the deep stuff and the Steelers do not give that up, even this year with this spotty D.

Where Vick will be dangerous is with his legs. Our linebackers are easily taken advantage of and if he gets outside it could be huge.

Milchjon

You hate Merriweather worse than the Giants.

Nope, of course not. And I haven't commented negatively about him all that much, have I? I'm just salty about him never getting as good as I wanted him to be, and he seems to continue that trend on other teams.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Everyone is ragging on Sanchez, and rightfully so, but who do the Jets have around him? Seriously. Holmes was abou it and he is very doubtful.

That MOTHERFUCKER makes Check Down plays feel like a goddamn scramble, that it took all his willpower to muster that throw for a gain of 2 yards

RGIII has jack shit, but he has perseverance, skill, talent, love for the game
I can't hate on the man, he brings skill to the table and it's enjoying to watching him play, progress, evolve

Sanchez makes you fell like taking your HDTV and throwing it out the window
I'd rather watch a Parkinson patient try to throw a ball through a tire, because somehow in the end he'll make it, overcome his deficiency and show true skills
Sanchez will be too busy thinking about smanging that cougar, you know Tony Parkers sloppy seconds and trying to be in GQ

squicken

Steelers fans complained about the bolded a lot, but do head coaches actually do this? If the head coach has to tell the Co-ordinators what to run, he may as well fire them.

Sometimes I think that coaches need a firm hand especially, young ones as far as being told what to do. Fisher clearly told Schottie that he needed to run more after passing a bunch in the previous game. So I think maybe because Ariens is an older guy Pagano, is a defense guy, he just turned over the offense to Arians, which is bad because that's what Tomlin did. If you have a bad line, as ineffefiecient as it may be, you have to live with 3 yard runs and a shortened game

Top Bottom