• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_owner_woody_johnson_puts.html

Jets owner Woody Johnson detailed his priorities today in an interview with Bloomberg.

Asked whether he would rather the Jets have a winning season in 2012 or Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate that Johnson has backed, take the White House in November, Johnson replied that he would "put country first" and choose a Romney victory.

Way to get your priorities straight, retard.

Pimpwerx

I want to be mad about the Phins loss, but I'm not. A few things:

1. Talk radio is finally catching up with my hate for Richard Marshall. You guys know I've been on Marshall being a defensive liability since the first game of the preseason. Now others are starting to notice. E. Reed noted the advanced stat on Marshall. Teams are completing 80% of passes thrown to his part of the field. He now has 5 pass interference penalties in 4 games. The guy is a bum.

2. Legedu Naanee continues to do nothing.

3. Our offensive playcalling is aggressive and entertaining. Philbin looks flakey in a tv setting, but there's no backing down with his gameplanning and decision-making. I like his approach to the game, and that alone has won me over with him. I'm willing to give the guy a few years now. With better personnel, he'd have a playoff team right now.

4. Tanny is hopefully just getting the rookie mistakes out of the way. I really hope he can control the turnovers and start really taking advantage of his strengths. He has a strong arm, isn't afraid to uncork the longball, throws well on the run and has solid mobility.

I wish we were winning some of these games. We should be 3-1 right now. However, there's upside to being 1-3. We can look forward to a good draft pick, which we can use on a receiver or defensive back. PEACE.

Sanchez is a fucking turd. 4th year and you're still making the same shithead mistakes. You're done you piece of trash. Geno Smith future!

Sanchez is a fucking turd. 4th year and you're still making the same shithead mistakes. You're done you piece of trash. Geno Smith future!

You dont think he can develop that? I doubt Harbs is letting him stay in the pocket and look for his 3rd read.

In preseason, he was throwing a lot of short passes into coverage and was lucky on many occasions that the ball wasn't picked. His decision making is very suspect...Even the Moss bomb, I thought shouldn't have been thrown on Sunday (He just chucked it into triple coverage). That said, I think Harbaugh would be able to rein him in but I'd have little faith in most other coaches getting consistent positive production from him.

Fox318

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_owner_woody_johnson_puts.html

Jets owner Woody Johnson detailed his priorities today in an interview with Bloomberg.

Asked whether he would rather the Jets have a winning season in 2012 or Mitt Romney, the Republican presidential candidate that Johnson has backed, take the White House in November, Johnson replied that he would "put country first" and choose a Romney victory.

Way to get your priorities straight, retard.
Woody cares more about politics and psls then creating a compelling product.

It saddens me to know that most of the Jets profit money goes right back into the GOP.

Um so the run D is so great because no one cares to run against them.

Run D matters. It all matters. But if all you have is run D with a so so offensive with a rookie QB you aren't going to win.

49ers and Texans play solid D both against the pass and run and it matters to the teams playing against them.

I actually feel bad for Miami. Can't stand the Jets or Pats so it would be nice if Miami became relevant again. Two very tough losses in a row.
The Texans tried to run Arian Foster and Ben Tate against the Dolphins. The Raiders tried to run McFadden against them. The Jets tried to run Greene against them. They all got shut down completely which is why they went to the pass where they obviously had more success. And even then their success wasn't exactly fantastic, the Jets and Cardinals both had 0 points on them at the half and only got into the game because of stupid Dolphins turnovers.

The rookie QB didn't lose the Dolphins the last two games, either. He had a part in the losses, sure, like the pick he threw in OT yesterday, but if the defense stops the Cards on a 4th and 2 or a 4th and 10 the game is over. If Carpenter makes 1 of 2 40-some yard fgs against the Jets the Dolphins win that game as well. The entire team is failing to finish games, no reason to pin the blame solely on the offense or on Tannehill.

I want to be mad about the Phins loss, but I'm not. A few things:
Great post, I agree with you 100%. The losses hurt in the short term but there is definitely an upside for once.

Nori Chan

Greg I made you an avatar

greg.png

Mondays are the days I look for greg

just to see for new avis

Milchjon

Woody cares more about politics and psls then creating a compelling product.

It saddens me to know that most of the Jets profit money goes right back into the GOP.

So you're supporting bigotry and a QB that makes little kids cry. Shame on you, good sir!

I've always liked you, though, so I'd be okay with you doing the right thing and becoming a fellow Patriot!

fuck the Pats. Jets fans root for the new hotness:

robert-griffin-III-combine1-600x450.jpg

Look at those fucking pectorals, what a real fucking man.

Here's a inter division comparison:

eli-manning-beach.jpg

LOLOLOL

Man all that talk about Barkley staying in college so that he could be a sure #1 pick in the upcoming draft isnt going to well. It would be funny if he isnt the first QB drafted.
No number 1 pick, no Heisman, and no National Chamionship for Mr Barkley.
I was actually really disspointed when he didn't declare last year, for me it was RG3 or Barkley last year

No argument there, they truly are a team that doesn't know how to close out a game. Hopefully that's something that will change as Philbin and Tannehill settle in, though.

He had a pretty bad first half passing though, and he threw two picks. The Dolphins pass D is bad but I think it's improving. They really limited Fitz yesterday.

And it's not like teams don't try to run on the Dolphins. Just look at how many yards their opponents have averaged per carry. That run defense ain't no fluke.

The Dolphins have no talent on offense except for Reggie Bush. None. You're not winning, especially in the AFC East - where the Patriots rule and even the Bills can get an offense going - with no offense.

You need Bush back, bad.

edit: three first posts in a row.

The Dolphins have no talent on offense except for Reggie Bush. None. You're not winning, especially in the AFC East - where the Patriots rule and even the Bills can get an offense going - with o offense.

You need Bush back, bad.

edit: three first posts in a row.
Bush played yesterday... and he didn't do much. On the other hand, Tannehill had over 400 yards passing and Hartline had 253 yards receiving. Davone Bess also broke 100 receiving. I'm not saying these guys are future hall of famers or anything but to say they have no talent is a little much.

Have you watched the Dolphins play this year?

Talon

And flame out like every other SC QB in the last decade.

Lee and Woods would make Mettenberger look like a Heisman candidate.

Bush played yesterday... and he didn't do much. On the other hand, Tannehill had over 400 yards passing and Hartline had 253 yards receiving. Davone Bess also broke 100 receiving. I'm not saying these guys are future hall of famers or anything but to say they have no talent is a little much.

I didn't see the game but was the gameplan to utilize Bush less because of his knee and just go with the passing game? This is vital to my ff leagues

fuck the Pats. Jets fans root for the new hotness:

robert-griffin-III-combine1-600x450.jpg

Look at those fucking pectorals, what a real fucking man.

Here's a inter division comparison:

[imghttp://www.slanchreport.com/images/stories/eli-manning-beach.jpg[/img]

LOLOLOL

Pecs? His quads are much nicer. Seriously he has small pecs if anything

Bess and Hartline have been on the Dolphins for what - five years now? and Yesterday was either players best game. They're just guys.

I didn't see the game but was the gameplan to utilize Bush less because of his knee and just go with the passing game? This is vital to my ff leagues
No, he just wasn't very effective. Typical Bush running: rush 3 times for -2 yards and then bust off an 11 yarder or something. I'm guessing he wasn't 100%, though.

Bess and Hartline have been on the Dolphins for what - five years now? and Yesterday was either players best game. They're just guys.
They've both been in the league for a few years but they're both pretty good slot receivers. Definitely not close to being no. 1 guys but they are decent starters. Even Brandon Marshall looked bad on the Dolphins during that time so it's probably safer to blame Henne. This isn't Hartline's first good game this year, either. He had 111 against the Raiders.

Top Bottom