• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

It feels like there are barely any stars left at Corner/Safety. Polamalu is busted, Revis is out, so that leaves... Ed Reed?

Yeah kind of confused about the lack of good safeties out there but the talent growing up these days aint about that cornerback life. Just a fucking headache position and a thankless job.

Levyne

Banned
Neither are really stars but you could do a lot worse than Tillman and Tim Jennings the way he has been playing lately.

eznark

Banned
Yeah kind of confused about the lack of good safeties out there but the talent growing up these days aint about that cornerback life. Just a fucking headache position and a thankless job.

No one ever set out to play corner, they just failed at wide out. I posit that defensive backs are worse because teams are running spread offenses are carrying more WR's, which depletes the talent pool of failed WR's from which secondary coaches can draw.

Nailed it.

Lol, my wife is freaking out at Ticketmaster Canada right now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The legend of RGIII grows!

Griffin completed four passes and had a key 15-yard run on that drive, running the two-minute drill with ease despite the fact that a fairly important piece of equipment wasn’t working when he led his team down the field.

“Every week, we always practice me calling the plays [as if] the headset has gone out. The funny thing is, the headset did go out on that drive,” Griffin said, via Dave Sheinin of the Washington Post. “So it was neat how that practice scenario played out in the game.”

Fox318

Jets may be in a tie for 1st for the division but I'm almost ready to give up on the season. The lack of talent on the offensive side is terrible and Sanchez has made absolutely no progress in the 4 years that he has been a QB.

Is their any team in the league that would do a straight 1 to 1 swap of starting qbs for Sanchez?

I can't think of any.

Greg

More later.

mccarthyface.gif
:jnc

Sanjuro

Jets may be in a tie for 1st for the division but I'm almost ready to give up on the season. The lack of talent on the offensive side is terrible and Sanchez has made absolutely no progress in the 4 years that he has been a QB.

Is their any team in the league that would do a straight 1 to 1 swap of starting qbs for Sanchez?

I can't think of any.

If you start talking to UFL teams, yeah.

I can't think of any.

Sanchez for Barkley. Then Sanchez can finish college.

Talon

I can't think of any.
Cleveland? They'd get a younger guy. :jnc

Fox318

If you start talking to UFL teams, yeah.

I don't even think that to be honest.

The sad part is I do think that the gm has tried to build parts around Sanchez with his moves but Sanchez hasn't done anything. Good QBs can make a bad team look better. The Jets won those playoff games in spite of Sanchez because the defense played their ass off.

Also Greene is horrible. The Jets RB situation is hilarious considering the team wants to run the ball.

They need to either make a big trade or clear roster space for next year and tank for picks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

The sad part is I do think that the gm has tried to build parts around Sanchez with his moves but Sanchez hasn't done anything. Good QBs can make a bad team look better. The Jets won those playoff games in spite of Sanchez because the defense played their ass off.

Also Greene is horrible. The Jets RB situation is hilarious considering the team wants to run the ball.

They need to either make a big trade or clear roster space for next year and tank for picks.

With all the PSAL's you just got

There would be a fucking RIOT

You're stuck, have to play it out, can take it to the shed out back and shoot it dead, have to suffer with the consequences

I hear Vince Young is broke?
McRib is still possible
Trade a 2nd + 3rd grab a 2nd QB roster off a lousy team
Fuck I'd try my ass to get Kap from SF, sorry FMT

GQman2121

Banned
"Brady is the coolest QB in the pocket since Montana. But even he doesn't have the skill set of this guy!". - DC radio on RGIII

They're staying optimistic about the season by mentioning that the Skins are first in TDs (15) and total yards in the NFC and first in rushing in the league. But they fail to mention that the team is 29th in total defense and 31st against the pass. They do acknowledge that Cundiff is shit; however, they've now turned him into the scapegoat for any potential future losses. It's all very comical.

Sanjuro

Completely honest, Sanchez isn't going anywhere. Rex should have been fired long ago. New coach comes in, kicks Sanchez's tires, releases him.

Fox318

You're stuck, have to play it out, can take it to the shed out back and shoot it dead, have to suffer with the consequences

McRib is still possible

Jets have shown that they aren't afraid to throw away a season before.

They do need to make a move if they still want this season to change.

Everyone is ragging on Sanchez, and rightfully so, but who do the Jets have around him? Seriously. Holmes was abou it and he is very doubtful.

The Jets don't have anything anywhere on offense. Including at QB. They knew it going into the season that's why they brought in Tebow. They knew they weren't good enough to even sniff the playoffs so they brought in the player with the biggest bandwagon fanbase around him to drum up a little attention for themselves.

Godslay

Banned
It feels like there are barely any stars left at Corner/Safety. Polamalu is busted, Revis is out, so that leaves... Ed Reed?

I know he has slowed down slightly, but Champ is still one of the best.

Completely honest, Sanchez isn't going anywhere. Rex should have been fired long ago. New coach comes in, kicks Sanchez's tires, releases him.

You want the Jets to improve? Because that's what you are advocating.

McRib is still possible

I would trade for Kap in a second if I didnt have a QB. I think he ha a chance to be really good.

Fox318

Why exactly should rex be fired again?

Sanchez will be gone after this season and I think Tanny has done an ok job managing the cap he has done a horrible job drafting.

Rex has coached this team well.

Random fact: the Dolphins continue to prove that stuff like having an awesome run defense means nothing in the NFL. They are currently first in the league, giving up an average of 56.8 ypg, and they held the Cardinals to 1.9 yards per carry.

Their pass defense is ranked 30th.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Random fact: the Dolphins continue to prove that stuff like having an awesome run defense means nothing in the NFL. They are currently first in the league, giving up an average of 56.8 ypg, and they held the Cardinals to 1.9 yards per carry.

With a record of 1-3

/disgraceful

He out Wildcat the team known for Wildcat loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

He looks so confident when he is in, he has great speed and a big arm. I gotta think someone will give him a shot soon, even if it isnt the 9ers.

He has all the athletic tools but the guy is a one read QB at best.

You dont think he can develop that? I doubt Harbs is letting him stay in the pocket and look for his 3rd read.

eznark

Banned

One hand feeds the other. Why run the ball when you can just pass it? If Kolb can do it anyone can.

With a record of 1-3

/disgraceful
No argument there, they truly are a team that doesn't know how to close out a game. Hopefully that's something that will change as Philbin and Tannehill settle in, though.

One hand feeds the other. Why run the ball when you can just pass it? If Kolb can do it anyone can.
He had a pretty bad first half passing though, and he threw two picks. The Dolphins pass D is bad but I think it's improving. They really limited Fitz yesterday.

And it's not like teams don't try to run on the Dolphins. Just look at how many yards their opponents have averaged per carry. That run defense ain't no fluke.

Mrbob

I would normally say the Jets should tank for Barkley, get a real USC QB. However he is struggling right now.

Tank for Geno Smith.

If anyone should be fired it should be Mike Tannenbaum. His inability to scout players and development has hurt the Jets. Seriously, Jets were so weak at RT, RB and LB and you draft a DT? Gtfo.

effzee

Um so the run D is so great because no one cares to run against them.

Run D matters. It all matters. But if all you have is run D with a so so offensive with a rookie QB you aren't going to win.

49ers and Texans play solid D both against the pass and run and it matters to the teams playing against them.

I actually feel bad for Miami. Can't stand the Jets or Pats so it would be nice if Miami became relevant again. Two very tough losses in a row.

Top Bottom