• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

TDK Rises

original.gif

If you don't feel like searching. Bills fans are upset

If they really cared that much about that they would have drafted Russel Wilson in the second or held on to Brad Smith.

They only brought him in fort he ratings and the attention. They knew they have a terrible team, and Tebow was the only way to get some national exposure this year.

Dragon

Banned
Pretty much. Tebow already has something many politicians don't have, charisma. If Gary Johnson had Tebows personality he would have already won.

The dude has been preparing for a public life since he was little and he already has a working relationship with organizations like Focus on the Family.

Clearly our only hope is the Vikings win the Super Bowl and Kluwe begins to rise to be the leader this country deserves.

Tebow is a bigot and a terrible quarterback.

Dragon

Banned
You're a Cheats fan.

And you're a fan of a team that has a coach with no balls. I'd rather be a Cheats fan than root for a team with a QB who shows up small in big situations, who steals laptops in college and who is the biggest crybaby in recent NFL history.

Put the white towel over your head and come back here when you have something new and original. Thanks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
And you're a fan of a team that has a coach with no balls. I'd rather be a Cheats fan than root for a team with a QB who shows up small in big situations, who steals laptops in college and who is the biggest crybaby in recent NFL history.

Whoa when did Matt Ryan get caught stealing laptops?

Bowser

I want to be mad about the Phins loss, but I'm not. A few things:

1. Talk radio is finally catching up with my hate for Richard Marshall. You guys know I've been on Marshall being a defensive liability since the first game of the preseason. Now others are starting to notice. E. Reed noted the advanced stat on Marshall. Teams are completing 80% of passes thrown to his part of the field. He now has 5 pass interference penalties in 4 games. The guy is a bum.

2. Legedu Naanee continues to do nothing.

3. Our offensive playcalling is aggressive and entertaining. Philbin looks flakey in a tv setting, but there's no backing down with his gameplanning and decision-making. I like his approach to the game, and that alone has won me over with him. I'm willing to give the guy a few years now. With better personnel, he'd have a playoff team right now.

4. Tanny is hopefully just getting the rookie mistakes out of the way. I really hope he can control the turnovers and start really taking advantage of his strengths. He has a strong arm, isn't afraid to uncork the longball, throws well on the run and has solid mobility.

I wish we were winning some of these games. We should be 3-1 right now. However, there's upside to being 1-3. We can look forward to a good draft pick, which we can use on a receiver or defensive back. PEACE.

As a Panthers fan and having had the (dis)pleasure of watching these two, all I can say is:

mF6uE.gif

Dragon

Banned
Whoa when did Matt Ryan get caught stealing laptops?

You mean the same Matt Ryan that threw a 60 yard bomb from his own one yard line with the game on the line?

Ryan is playing his ass off this year and more importantly winning me a couple of fantasy leagues.

Tebow would yell at Belichick for ruining the sanctity of marriage.

I'd say Tebow has done more damage 'converting' already existing Catholics over to his family's version of Christianity than Belichick ever will.

As a Panthers fan and having had the (dis)pleasure of watching these two, all I can say is:

mF6uE.gif
Haha, I had no idea those guys came from the Panthers. That Naanee fumble yesterday was the stuff of legends; it literally looked like he was being tackled by an invisible defender. I'd love a gif of that if anyone could get it.

effzee

Vick's arm won't do him much good against our secondary. Vick likes the deep stuff and the Steelers do not give that up, even this year with this spotty D.

Where Vick will be dangerous is with his legs. Our linebackers are easily taken advantage of and if he gets outside it could be huge.

This would be true expect the Eagles finally sustained drives last night when for once Reid stuck with the running game and went to a short passing game. The WestCoastOffense he was known for when he first took over the Eagles. In those first 2-3 seasons all we did were short passes to the flat or to the TE.

And it worked! And it worked last night too.

Of course they will abandon that completely against the Steelers. I don't expect McCoy to get as many carries. I don't expect Reid to contain himself for two weeks in a row. He will have the long ball itch and the fat man will have to scratch. Vick will die.

And looking back at the game more last night...good god is our redzone offense atrocious. I know I always complain about the lack of running the ball so I shouldn't care about running it three times in a row from 2 yards out to score a TD but its what they ran! Three straight sweeps when the shortest distance to the goal line was run straight up the gut. Yet Reid calls the same play 3 times (well actually 5 but those first two runs got them into the redzone) in a row. Hell even a play action mixed in on 2nd down would have been better than that.

It wasn't just one possession or one game. The redzone offense has been a problem since McNabb was here. One problem is they no big body target who they can just throw it up to. The other problem is they almost play scared and even IF and it is a big if they decide to run its always some trick gadget play instead of just lining up to punch it in.

Going forward the offense is going to have to finish off drives. If they score at least one more TD last night the game might have been too far out of reach for Elite.

Also I am still not sold on the D. Ryans is a big upgrade at LB but the wide 9 still leaves way too many wide open lanes which Chris Collinsworth perfectly explained is the responsibility of the safties and LBs. And then we saw on that Giants 2nd TD drive how bad Coleman bit two times in a row on a play fake where he should have supported over the top on the one on one coverage. Too many times they got close to Eli but never put him down. They had 0 sacks and this is against a bad Giants oline.

D needs to force more turnovers and come up big when needed. They took it from the Giants in the 2nd half and were extremely lucky Eli made a huge mistake in the redzone. Otherwise I do not think Giants had to punt once in the 2nd half.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You mean the same Matt Ryan that threw a 60 yard bomb from his own one yard line with the game on the line?

Ryan is playing his ass off this year and more importantly winning me a couple of fantasy leagues.

So the guy who needed a miracle out of his ass in order to beat the lowly Carolina Panthers led by Cam Newton somehow makes him a great QB. Okay.

Cam won me a league last year. Dude is a stud! Fantasy god.

Bowser

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
Asked Rivera about ATL calling a 4th TO just before CAR's last possession. ATL had 10 guys on the field and Smith motioned for a TO w/o one

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
RR: Ref shouldn'tve blown whistle and they should've let the play go. "I asked, 'Isn't that a penalty for asking for TO when you don't have one?'"

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
RR: Explanation was, 'No coach, you can call all the TOs you want. We know you don't have any and we're not supposed to give it to you.'

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
Rivera wasn't sure if it was a penalty at all, much less if it's 5, 10 or 15 yards. I'll check rule book after lunch

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
And Mike Smith said postgame if he has 10 men on the field at the end of the game, he'll call TO every single time no matter if he has 0

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
They did indeed RT @pfish68: @jjones9 but refs did blow whistle stopped game and allowed falcons to adjust

wtf?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I went to Chik Fil A on saturday for the first time ever

shits overrated

Chik Fil A is fantastic but I would say it fits the definition of overrated since there is no reason for the line to be wrapped around the building twice at every location in the Metroplex.

Seriously Bionic, you joked about buying your kids a Chik Fil A, open one up in the Dallas area and live like a king.

Crisco

Banned
So the guy who needed a miracle out of his ass in order to beat the lowly Carolina Panthers led by Cam Newton somehow makes him a great QB. Okay.

Cam won me a league last year. Dude is a stud! Fantasy god.

To be fair, picking on Haruki Nakamura for a big play isn't exactly a miracle.

effzee

I know I don't post as often, but cmon bro...I bout dat eagles life

Plus Skinnyrattler!

Anyway since I live in NYC and all I hear today is about the Jets I thought I'd chime in. Don't care for the Jets but I get to see all of their games plus listen to sports radio talk about them so I think I am qualified to say this.

Sanchez sucks. Yes. But the Jets have drafted horribly. But wait before even get into that, Ryan is a terrible HC. He is a glorified DC whose gimmick only works as an assistant or for the defense.

Back to the draft. Since they have drafted Sanchez they have surrounded with what skill position players? Which WRs? Which RBs?

Point is Sanchez looked much better his first two seasons when he had guys like Thomas Jones to run the ball. They got rid of him to bring in LT who was ok but Thomas Jones played much better than he did.

Their oline lost some key guys and they never replaced them adequately. So now you have no running game and a bad OLINE. And you want to be a running team? How does that make any sense?

Sanchez looked like a competent QB when he had Braylon Edwards and even Plaxico at times. But they got rid of Braylan for some odd reason though he had his best season with the Jets. Was it money? Locker room issues? I can't believe it would be locker room issues since they never care about that.

So they downgraded at RB, OLINE, and WR and then brought in Tebow? Now losing Thomas Jones and guys like Braylan wouldn't be too terrible if they drafted better and had guys up and coming. They don't. They still can't produce a pass rush and can't stop the run. So even the element that Rex is supposed to be great at is falling apart.

Sanchez sucks yes but with actual coaching he could be better. I look at what a real coach in HAWBAW did with San Fran and how much the Jets wanted to be that team.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Plus Skinnyrattler!

Sanchez sucks yes but with actual coaching he could be better. I look at what a real coach in HAWBAW did with San Fran and how much the Jets wanted to be that team.

Your argument is false because Alex Smith was better than Mark Sanchez now when he was under Mike Singletary.

Top Bottom