• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

KaYotiX

Banned
I have been on LTE with Verizon for awhile and I think it benefit a laptop more than a phone. Irregardless the cap is going to prevent you from really taking advantage of the speeds.

My phone is on At&t and honestly for me 3.5G is enough speed for what I do on my phone. I download the videos, adds and podcasts from home (to say on caps). That is the stuff that benefits from LTE but you are going to go through your cap really quickly if you do any of that stuff. For checking NeoGAF 3.5 is more than fast enough.

Also LTE rapes battery. I am going to mine turned off for now and when I need a super fast connection I will just turn on the mifi.

Cap what cap? Unlimited data on att baby! Love my android phone :) LTE is amazing regardless though, I love having fast internet no matter the device

So it seems odd to talk about the 2013 season but I did some digging on the Giants cap situation cause I'm bored and have nothing better to do at work. Specifically because of some of the players the team is expected to sign, the cap situation and I've noted a few times that the 2013 Giants will look very different than the team we're fielding today.

As of right now these are the players that will impact the cap the most:

Eli Manning: 23 Million
Corey Webster: 9.975 Million
Chris Snee: 8.7 Million
Chris Canty: 7.6 Million
Antrel Rolle: 9.2 Million
David Diehl: 7.4 Million
Justin Tuck: 5.6 Million
David Baas: 6.72 Million
Michael Boley: 5.65 Million
Mathias Kiwanuka: 5.1 Million
Ahmad Bradshaw: 5.25 Million

The bolded are players that I think will not be on the roster come 2013. The folks in italics will either need to take a pay cut or may have some of that salary converted to bonuses to make cap room.
I can't see Webster being flat-out cut. Sure he's regressed but I think they at least ask him to shed about 3 mill in a restructure. If anything I think Rolle is gone. If they let Bradshaw walk then I hope they plan to take DWilson out of the doghouse soon.

Cagey

Banned
I can't see Webster being flat-out cut. Sure he's regressed but I think they at least ask him to shed about 3 mill in a restructure. If anything I think Rolle is gone. If they let Bradshaw walk then I hope they plan to take DWilson out of the doghouse soon.

Agreed. Webster is line for a restructure, whereas Rolle is likely in danger of getting cut outright. Bradshaw should go for a number of reasons. Baas will have put in two years of work but that number still seems so much higher than it has any right to be.

Of the upcoming guys... JPP, Cruz, Nicks, and Boothe are the only true priorities. Of those, Boothe is easiest of course. Bennett is likely to play himself out of our price range. Joseph is someone I truly hope plays himself into a must-sign position. Boley, I imagine, is allowed to walk after his contract expires.

EDIT: Kiwanuka's deal was for two years for $10m, or am I making that up.

Dishonorable discharge.

:jnc

TheFrankman said:
If anything I think Rolle is gone.

Cagey said:
whereas Rolle is likely in danger of getting cut outright.
I know we're all deep Antrel Rolle fans here but I think you're both delusional.;)

Especially with Kenny Phillips injury last night looking to be serious (and he's already had knee issues). No way is he gone.

EDIT:
Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Giants S Phillips out several weeks with sprained MCL

I suppose it's fortuitous that Tyler Sash is off of his 4 game suspension.

Cagey said:
Kiwanuka's deal was for two years for $10m, or am I making that up.
Two years above the previous two year deal, yes. He's signed through the 2015 season.

Read somewhere it was due to a lack of playing time.

I'm not buying that. You would think he knew what he signed up for when he signed his deal right after Hernandez got injured. Plus he was getting snaps 5 days after he signed, which also would suggest they planned on using him.

I read that he wanted out because he was in too much pain or something and wasn't a 100%.

Patriotshaven said:
Per @FieldYates, the #Patriots worked out TE - Yes, another TE - Jake Byrne on Mon. He went undrafted this year out of Wisconsin. 6-4, 260.

MOOOORRREEEEE!

Reading comprehension FTW, fellas. I asked if you honestly believed all six recoveries were from luck, not if we were lucky to get all six. Excuses excuses, my god the salt. It's hilarious how bitter some of you are.

Someone suggested I was crowing? How the hell do you get that from my post? I said I was proud of my team and felt that this game will help us grow. I believe this game will better prepare us for STL this week, if we blew out Miami we would probably be in trouble. It's good to get some humility from time to time.

It's also hilarious when people throw out the you haven't won rings or only been to one SB card. WTF does that have to do with this season? Completely nonsensical. I'm commenting on my team week by week, nothing more. Save maybe that I feel we have a great chance at going 7-0 heading into the game against the Niners.

KaYotiX

Banned
mike1.png

mike2.png
IF no other packers fan is going to use it I'll claim it when I get home.

Aside from the victory against the Saints, the Chiefs are finally having the season they should've last year, a horrific implosion with Matt Cassel at the epicenter.

The only question is if Clark Hunt has the balls to fire Scott Pioli, because he simply can't be allowed to draft a QB or hire a new head coach.

Aside from the victory against the Saints, the Chiefs are finally having the season they should've last year, a horrific implosion with Matt Cassel at the epicenter.

The only question is if Clark Hunt has the balls to fire Scott Pioli, because he simply can't be allowed to draft a QB or hire a new head coach.

Pioli and Crennel will be back in NE in 2014. Charlie Weiss should come back too.

I know we're all deep Antrel Rolle fans here but I think you're both delusional.;)

Especially with Kenny Phillips injury last night looking to be serious (and he's already had knee issues). No way is he gone.
I think he's more likely to go next year than CWeb, no way Rolle worth a restructure but CWeb gets cut. And is it so weird to think he might be replaced in FA/internally next year? Antrel's biggest contribution is seemingly in run support, every time a WR burns the secondary somehow Rolle is at fault. I'm probably still pissed at him opening night but I'm tired of the act with him.

TheFrankman said:
How is Rolle worth a restructure but CWeb gets cut
I'm not arguing the value of the player from my perspective. I'm trying to see it through the eyes of the organization. Rolle is signed through 2014. The Giants can actively convert a good portion of his salary to a bonus and push off the cap hit to the next year where I think they will be more apt to cut him (they could do this with Webster as well mind you) . Furthermore, you and I may dislike his play but the team sees him as a versatile player who can play the slot, does what's asked of him and is also the most durable guy in the secondary.

Webster is on the wrong side of 30, is continuing to decline and we've made very specific moves in the draft to bring in players that should be taking over that position (Prince, Hosely, Coe on the developmental side). If Webster does stay, he will need a fairly massive restructure to see that happen unless the Giants decide to do what I stated above. I'm not saying he's absolutely gone but I see him as far more likely than Rolle in 2013. Especially with how thin we are at Safety if Kenny isn't resigned or continues to struggle with knee injuries moving forward. If the knee persists with Kenny we're looking at another possible T2 situation.

Reading comprehension FTW, fellas. I asked if you honestly believed all six recoveries were from luck, not if we were lucky to get all six. Excuses excuses, my god the salt. It's hilarious how bitter some of you are.

Someone suggested I was crowing? How the hell do you get that from my post? I said I was proud of my team and felt that this game will help us grow. I believe this game will better prepare us for STL this week, if we blew out Miami we would probably be in trouble. It's good to get some humility from time to time.

It's also hilarious when people throw out the you haven't won rings or only been to one SB card. WTF does that have to do with this season? Completely nonsensical. I'm commenting on my team week by week, nothing more. Save maybe that I feel we have a great chance at going 7-0 heading into the game against the Niners.

You won't be leaving that niners game undefeated

UberTag

It's also hilarious when people throw out the you haven't won rings or only been to one SB card. WTF does that have to do with this season? Completely nonsensical. I'm commenting on my team week by week, nothing more.
It really is silly. Just imagine if a Toronto Maple Leafs fan crowed on in the NHL thread about their 13 Stanley Cup wins as if that means something in the year 2012. They'd get rightfully called out for it because their team is a laughing stock.

I need advice from the GAF fantasy guru's.
Should I start Bush or Forte in a standard scoring league?
Forte holds more value in PPR but I don't think a standard format makes much of a difference here.
Given the choice you've got to ride Forte.

KaYotiX

Banned
ESPN gonna spend the next couple hours trashing Cutler and praising Romo.

Bears to win by 20 tonight.
Have a feeling this game will be boring till the 3rd qtr,hopefully not though. I want to see Cutler and Romo sling the ball around for 5 ints combined

Bowser

Peter King, MMQB, 9/24/2012

“Who wants to support something that puts on a performance of embarrassment? If I was a fan of the Carolina Panthers, I would be holding my head down in shame of the product that was out there today.”
– Cam Newton, after his Panthers lost to the Giants 36-7 Thursday night.

Get a hold of yourself, fella. A bomb didn’t fall on Charlotte.

Peter King, MMQB, 10/1/2012

Offensive Players of the Week
Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami. After the crushing 24-21 overtime loss to the Cards, Tannehill was obsessing about his overtime interception that led to the winning points for Arizona. Good for him. He should be miffed.

Ok bro.

MacAttack

It really is silly. Just imagine if a Toronto Maple Leafs fan crowed on in the NHL thread about their 13 Stanley Cup wins as if that means something in the year 2012. They'd get rightfully called out for it because their team is a laughing stock.

Forte holds more value in PPR but I don't think a standard format makes much of a difference here.
Given the choice you've got to ride Forte.

I was leaning towards Bush because he's the safe play and can vulture a couple TDs even with a 100% healthy Forte.

I hear what your saying though, Forte could blow up against Dallas and I think Chicago wants to run the ball tonight.

and

:loleafs

Most Leafs fans weren't even alive last time they won a Cup.

You won't be leaving that niners game undefeated
We might not even make it there undefeated, just feel we have a good chance of doing so. Games against Niners are always tough and I look forward to it. Certainly can beat you guys and could just as easily go the other way. Minny gives me a little more optimism. That, and we beat you here last year when we were a lesser team than now. Getting Dockett back sooner than later is paramount to us continuing our win streak as long as possible.

I was leaning towards Bush because he's the safe play and can vulture a couple TDs even with a 100% healthy Forte.

I hear what your saying though, Forte could blow up against Dallas and I think Chicago wants to run the ball tonight.

and

:loleafs

Most Leafs fans weren't even alive last time they won a Cup.

Last time the Leafs even made the playoffs, I was in high school. It saddens me oh so much :(

LukeSmith

Get Squicken the fuck off of the Colts list on. He isn't a Colts fan, he's a Texans fan and somehow you have all let him declare himself a Rams fan, too.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
ESPN just had an interesting statistic.

Opponent's winning percentage of the three undefeated teams:

Houston - .313
Atlanta - .438
Arizona - .500

UberTag

They wanted NHL games but Bettman rejected the contract cause he wanted to stay with NBC sports.

Fail on his part, he needs to go.
To be fair NOBODY is getting NHL games this season... including NBC.
I suppose ESPN Classics Canada is airing older games. I suppose that counts.

Let them have their fun for now. Greatest D evar!

You're seriously going to mock our D when we contained Brady and completely shut down the top offense in the league going into our game? Funny how the Niners can blow against Minny and still have a top D but we don't get the same courtesy in a win. At least much of our lapse can be attributed to Dockett's absence, what's your excuse for losing to Minny when your constantly stating you're a SB contender?

To be fair NOBODY is getting NHL games this season... including NBC.
I suppose ESPN Classics Canada is airing older games. I suppose that counts.

Leafs get Winter Classic...no season :(

I was so close to purchasing them too...good thing I didnt or I'd be sitting on some expensive pieces of paper.

I don't think it's even a question that Arizona has had by far the hardest schedule of the 3.

And yet we are the worst 4-0 team ever! Man, we're so bad! All these wins are a fluke and it's ridiculous! It's as if it's physically painful for people to say anything positive about the Cards.

Top Bottom