• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

DarkFlow

Banned
Where are you hearing people say we're amazing? I still see analysts struggling to say positive comments. The few times I've seen something on ESPN it has been awkward and forced and sounds like they are reading lines. You can tell we'll immediately be cast off the second we lose, no matter who it is to. Anyway, I'm used to people not giving us any respect during wins, same thing happened through the playoffs on our way to the SB. I don't really care, I think the Cards actually thrive on it. You can bet I'll call out bullshit spouted on this board though!
We could win 3 super bowls in a row and people would still shit on the cards. It's just the nature of the beast.

Seda

Bennett out, Sanzy in.

we_are_going_to_die.gif

Yup

EDIT: Forte's active too.

Nameless

We could win 3 super bowls in a row and people would still shit on the cards. It's just the nature of the beast.

How many bit coins would it take for me to get an quarter of whatever is you smoked for you to entertain this possibility? The Cards are a five game losing streak waiting to happen.

NHL is too much into the old guard rowdy ruff way of thinking. They need to streamline the game and cut the crap goonism.

They had tinkered with the rules a bunch since the last lockout to increase scoring....opening up the blue line, calling more interference and obstruction penalties, limiting the size of goalie equipment, and implementing the shootout to break regular season ties. And on the safety side of things, they've been really dishing out the fines and suspensions for head shots. The only thing they've been afraid to do away with completely is fighting, and I'd say that probably the long time fans are split on that one. Personally, I say if international/olympic hockey can get along without it and still be exciting, then why not the NHL? Anyway, the league was gaining momentum since the last lockout and now this. It's run by idiots. Guess they won't be happy till it's back to 6 teams and practically all of America doesn't give a fuck.

They had tinkered with the rules a bunch since the last lockout to increase scoring....opening up the blue line, calling more interference and obstruction penalties, limiting the size of goalie equipment, and implementing the shootout to break regular season ties. And on the safety side of things, they've been really dishing out the fines and suspensions for head shots. The only thing they've been afraid to do away with completely is fighting, and I'd say that probably the long time fans are split on that one. Personally, I say if international/olympic hockey can get along without it and still be exciting, then why not the NHL? Anyway, the league was gaining momentum since the last lockout and now this. It's run by idiots. Guess they won't be happy till it's back to 6 teams and practically all of America doesn't give a fuck.

Yeah, two lockouts in less than ten years. The owners seriously expect the players to take another haircut just 8 years later? If I were an owner i'd have a vote of non-confidence in Bettman. They should have made sure to safeguard the NHL from another lockout for at least one CBA cycle.

cajunator

Banned
Hasnt romo always played well at this time of year?
Cutler, well he's the wildcard. Depends on how many times over half a dozen that Ware gets to him.

DarkFlow

Banned
How many bit coins would it take for me to get an quarter of whatever is you smoked for you to entertain this possibility? The Cards are a five game losing streak waiting to happen.

Did I say that would EVER happen, way to take that out of context. I was saying no matter how much the cards win, they will forever get shit on.

MCIS reissue this year woo

not only that, but a remaster of TAFH box set with 5 discs work of additional b-sides. i'm hoping there are full songs for all the pistachio medley songs. even billy can't fuck these re-issues up.... although he did change the vocal mix on Plume for the PI reissue. not sure why he did that :/

I'll take that bet. What do you wager?

Schefter just reported Forte starting tonight

ATF487

not only that, but a remaster of TAFH box set with 5 discs work of additional b-sides. i'm hoping there are full songs for all the pistachio medley songs. even billy can't fuck these re-issues up.... although he did change the vocal mix on Plume for the PI reissue. not sure why he did that :/

this would be amazing, some of those riffs were ridiculous. i didn't know tafh was getting remastered either, thought the mcis one was going to have all those new bsides

clearly i don't go to spfc enough anymore :(

Levyne

Banned
I really wish these Monday,Thursday, and Sunday night games would start at 7:00 instead of 8:30.

I used to live in the central time zone but now I'm on the east coast. It's only an hour difference, and I've been here over a year, but it's still like why does everything have to start so damn late!

LJ11

Yeah, two lockouts in less than ten years. If I were an owner i'd have a vote of non-confidence in Bettman. They shoul

Three work stoppages for that prick.

Lets put a hockey team in Atlanta, which isn't a good pro market to begin with. Oh, Phoenix, yeah they need a team! Does the sport really need a team in Columbus or Nashville? Predators are a well run team, don't want to shit on them or the fan base.

Bettman overreached, he's a fool. Was thinking about hockey on the subway ride home. Sad situation.

Fantomex

Smashing pumpkins fan? Wow. I never figured you to be the "I'm violent, but inside only" type FMT. All that angst man. Shoulda left it in the 90's where it belonged.

UberTag

Lets put a hockey team in Atlanta, which isn't a good pro market to begin with. Oh, Phoenix, yeah they need a team! Does the sport really need a team in Columbus or Nashville? Predators are a well run team, don't want to shit on them or the fan base.

Bettman overreached, he's a fool. Was thinking about hockey on the subway ride home. Sad situation.
I'd be all on board with boycotting the league when it returns until Bettman gets canned if I could trust Leafs fans to stay away. (Sadly, they're all sheep.)

Will never happen, but the NHL needs to cut 6 teams - Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Florida, and Carolina.
Can Hartford get the Canes back? I want a Whalers revival.

Will never happen, but the NHL needs to cut 6 teams - Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Florida, and Carolina. I think better management can save Columbus.

Bowser

Will never happen, but the NHL needs to cut 6 teams - Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Florida, and Carolina. I think better management can save Columbus.

Why Carolina? The Canes have actually won a Stanley Cup in the recent past (2006) and I think (don't follow NHL too closely) they've had decent attendance. Plus, they went out and made some big moves this past offseason before the lockout, so it's not like the commitment to winning isn't there.

Fox318

NHL has been in talks with Seattle and Wisconsin about moving teams up there.

They are not cutting teams.

They also need to move the Islanders to Brooklyn.

Why Carolina? The Canes have actually won a Stanley Cup in the recent past (2006) and I think (don't follow NHL too closely) they've had decent attendance. Plus, they went out and made some big moves this past offseason before the lockout, so it's not like the commitment to winning isn't there.

Last I read, the Canes do not draw. None of the teams I listed do, and some of them (specifically Dallas, Tampa Bay and Phoenix) are in serious money troubles as a result. Phoenix' arena was put in such a piss poor location that they aren't even getting the few fans they would get normally. They had a promotion that if you bought concessions you could get the tickets for like 5 bucks.

Top Bottom