• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Sanjuro

That's not accurate, after the lockout of 04, ESPN opted out of their two year deal with the league. That forced them to go with OLN which then became Versus which was then purchased by NBC and became NBCSports.

Again, I don't think you understand anything you're saying. I've already mentioned the network title change.

It all comes down to Monday night
except there isn't a Monday night game the last week of the regular season and the Super Bowl is played on a Sunday
. Great marketing, ESPN! Who let Boomer loose in the marketing department?

cajunator

Banned
So what they recently won a cup? Shouldn't recent cup winners put asses in seats? Tampa Bay was losing so much money the former owner complained that just giving the franchise up would lose him less money annually. The guy Bettman scouted to take over the Preds is now a convicted felon.

Lou Lamoriello was hesitent to give the God Martin Brodeur a new contract because he didn't know if the Devils would be around the next season, and they had just played in the Cup Final!

Why does Tampa bay seem to have so much trouble drawing crowds to the stadiums?
It has a pretty big population.

WTF is wrong with Gruden?

Everything is wrong with Gruden
Everything is right about Gruden

Again, I don't think you understand anything you're saying. I've already mentioned the network title change.

Look it up. ESPN whined that they paid too much for the NHL on the 5 year deal they made in '99 which lead them to make a smaller two year offer when it was up in '04. And then after the lockout, they dumped that two year deal altogether which left the league without any cable broadcast partner and thus why they wound up on OLN.

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-definitive-analysis-of-offensive-fumbles/

This breaks down the type of fumble and the recovery odds per fumble. Forcing fumbles is a skill. Recovering fumbles is mostly random.

Your team has been getting very lucky in winning all these close games. That luck will turn eventually. People said SF's close game luck would turn, and maybe it will. But unlike last year, they are winning comfortably in victory

Yes but sustainable winning is different from luck. Cards have lots of luck on their win streak. GB in 2011 didn't. Cards should win but it's not like I'm "oh fuck Cards coming we're gonna lose"

Did you even see what all the fumbles were? I believe 3 were from Peterson on ST and a few were without a defender close enough to have a chance. It wasn't as crazy as you make it out to be. Having the nose for the ball when it's bouncing around helps too.

Complete bullshit saying we're lucky with close wins. We've now won 11 of the last 13 (pretty damn sustainable) and ALL but the Philly game have been wins by less than a touchdown and five of them in overtime. It's not called luck when you do it that consistently and that many times. It's simply how the Cards win games. It's part of our culture now and the value of it is that our players fight until the last second every game and actually believe they'll come out of improbable situations to win the game. If your players quit , it's over. These guys have a lot of character and an insane amount of heart. We can't all blow teams out of the water week after week but at the end of the day, winning is all that matters, ugly win or not.

Sanjuro

Look it up. ESPN whined that they paid too much for the NHL on the 5 year deal they made in '99 which lead them to make a smaller two year offer when it was up in '04. And then after the lockout, they dumped that two year deal altogether which left the league without any cable broadcast partner and thus why they wound up on OLN.

I already knew about this. Bettman didn't want any part of ESPN's new deal, so ESPN took their ball and went home.

Top Bottom