• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

DarkFlow

Banned
http://www.footballperspective.com/the-definitive-analysis-of-offensive-fumbles/

This breaks down the type of fumble and the recovery odds per fumble. Forcing fumbles is a skill. Recovering fumbles is mostly random.

Your team has been getting very lucky in winning all these close games. That luck will turn eventually. People said SF's close game luck would turn, and maybe it will. But unlike last year, they are winning comfortably in victory
A win is a win. You don't get style points for blowing out the other team. They can won by one every week for all I care, even if my body can't take it.

They were on ESPN before the NBC deal, and barely got any exposure.

They were on ESPN twice, once back in the 80s and then from like 92 to 2004. ESPN didn't do shit for them except dump the games to ESPN2 when they were starting it up. Their popular talk radio formats never, ever mentioned hockey.

Sanjuro

They were on ESPN twice, once back in the 80s and then from like 92 to 2004. ESPN didn't do shit for them except dump the games to ESPN2 when they were starting it up. Their popular talk radio formats never, ever mentioned hockey.

That isn't accurate. However, in was particular markets. Bettman wanted to expand to new markets, who didn't and still don't care about hockey.

They call it Versus now.

It's the NBC Sports Network now, both equally as shitty. As of even a year ago, I couldn't watch Versus Bruins games in Rhode Island.

That isn't accurate. However, in was particular markets. Bettman wanted to expand to new markets, who didn't and still don't care about hockey.

It's the NBC Sports Network now, both equally as shitty. As of even a year ago, I couldn't watch Versus Bruins games in Rhode Island.

Nobody cares about local coverage for already popular teams. ESPN pimping the Detroit Red Wings in Detroit does nothing for hockey's popularity.

MechDX

That MNF intro made me want to vomit. Fuck the cowboys and their cockroach fans!

texanslol.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Is this game gonna that bad that y'all are talking about hockey?

I'm still laughing that the jets allowed a blocked punt when the 9ers only rushed two.

LJ11

Gruden is amazing, he's worth it for the faces alone. Depending on the expression he looks like he's smelling his upper lip.

squicken

A win is a win. You don't get style points for blowing out the other team. They can won by one every week for all I care, even if my body can't take it.

Yes but sustainable winning is different from luck. Cards have lots of luck on their win streak. GB in 2011 didn't. Cards should win but it's not like I'm "oh fuck Cards coming we're gonna lose"

ESPN wanted the NHL.

Gary Bettman wanted more money and brought the NHL product to the Outdoor Life Network.

That's not accurate, after the lockout of 04, ESPN opted out of their two year deal with the league. That forced them to go with OLN which then became Versus which was then purchased by NBC and became NBCSports.

Top Bottom