• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Seda

665505207.jpg

DarkFlow

Banned
Last I read, the Canes do not draw. None of the teams I listed do, and some of them (specifically Dallas, Tampa Bay and Phoenix) are in serious money troubles as a result. Phoenix' arena was put in such a piss poor location that they aren't even getting the few fans they would get normally. They had a promotion that if you bought concessions you could get the tickets for like 5 bucks.

It's literally right next to University of Phoenix Stadium with a huge shopping area build into with a AMC movie's. The area is far from a piss poor location.

Talamius

Last I read, the Canes do not draw. None of the teams I listed do, and some of them (specifically Dallas, Tampa Bay and Phoenix) are in serious money troubles as a result. Phoenix' arena was put in such a piss poor location that they aren't even getting the few fans they would get normally. They had a promotion that if you bought concessions you could get the tickets for like 5 bucks.

Canes outdrew Anaheim and New Jersey last year. They're nowhere near top of the league in attendance, but they have a market.

Smashing pumpkins fan? Wow. I never figured you to be the "I'm violent, but inside only" type FMT. All that angst man. Shoulda left it in the 90's where it belonged.

i was a big time pumpkins fan! still love most of the old stuff, and the new record actually isn't half bad. although it's about as much of a smashing pumpkins record as any other band in history that has been gutted of most of its members.

and there's nothing wrong with some angsty music!

cajunator

Banned
I have no idea how much attendance the Louisiana Icegators draw but it cant be a lot.
We have a pretty nice local hockey rink though. Im not very good at ice skating however.

ATF487

It's literally right next to University of Phoenix Stadium with a huge shopping area build into with a AMC movie's. The area is far from a piss poor location.

You could argue that Phoenix itself is a piss poor location for a hockey arena. I'd argue that actually

It's a regional sport, unless the market is too big to ignore.

Hurricanes also need to go back to Hartford. Miss the Whalers :(

cajunator

Banned
i was a big time pumpkins fan! still love most of the old stuff, and the new record actually isn't half bad. although it's about as much of a smashing pumpkins record as any other band in history that has been gutted of most of its members.

and there's nothing wrong with some angsty music!

Love that band. Billy Corgan can get tiresome to listen to though. their music is best listened to in small doses.

DarkFlow

Banned
You could argue that Phoenix itself is a piss poor location for a hockey arena. I'd argue that actually

It's a regional sport, unless the market is too big to ignore.

Hurricanes also need to go back to Hartford. Miss the Whalers :(

Okay you got me there. Hockey in the desert is just... Odd.

Will never happen, but the NHL needs to cut 6 teams - Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa Bay, Nashville, Florida, and Carolina. I think better management can save Columbus.

If you know nothing about the sport, hold your tongue, yes?

Phoenix needs to go, yes. Dallas is okay and always competes. Tampa Bay has recently won a Cup and does alright. Nashville has a great team and good attendance. Florida's owner has the team tied to a housing development, and he doesn't lose money on it. Carolina has also recently won a Cup and has great fans. Columbus is dismal and should be moved.

I'm not even sure why I entertained your post with a response, but holy shit. Most of these teams just have shitty management and have a good product.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Were they ever good?I remember living in Georgia but never hearing about them.

They always sucked. I think they made the playoffs maybe once? My buddies and I used to go down there and buy cheap tickets. Then we'd move behind the glass but after a while the ushers wouldn't allow it any more. I mean the place was always empty lol

Phoenix needs to go, yes. Dallas is okay and always competes. Tampa Bay has recently won a Cup and does alright. Nashville has a great team and good attendance. Florida's owner has the team tied to a housing development, and he doesn't lose money on it. Carolina has also recently won a Cup and has great fans. Columbus is dismal and should be moved.

I'm not even sure why I entertained your post with a response, but holy shit.

Phoenix has enough mid-west migrants and fair weather fans that the Coyotes could very well build up a fan base quickly if they continue to play like last year. Doan proved loyal and stayed, we'll see what happens.

Phoenix has enough mid-west migrants and fair weather fans that the Coyotes could very well build up a fan base quickly if they continue to play like last year. Doan proved loyal and stayed, we'll see what happens.

I'm almost certain they'll be in the same situation in four years. They need to move them to Quebec City or Seattle where people will actually care.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm not even sure why I entertained your post with a response, but holy shit. Most of these teams just have shitty management and have a good product.

Columbus needs new management. I remember for a while their attendance numbers weren't too bad until they started getting desperate to make the playoffs and sold off everything they could to do it.

I'm not even sure why I entertained your post with a response, but holy shit.

So what they recently won a cup? Shouldn't recent cup winners put asses in seats? Tampa Bay was losing so much money the former owner complained that just giving the franchise up would lose him less money annually. The guy Bettman scouted to take over the Preds is now a convicted felon.

Lou Lamoriello was hesitent to give the God Martin Brodeur a new contract because he didn't know if the Devils would be around the next season, and they had just played in the Cup Final!

RBH

Better to rule in heaven than serve in hell.

If you're on ESPN (even the lowly Deuce), the network will talk about you. They promote their products, so hockey would have gotten a higher position and longer segments on Sportscenter, which helps drive viewership. Being on NBC means hockey diehards had a chance to see nationally televised games, but ESPN could have expanded hockey's scope.
They were on ESPN before and didn't get much talk on Sportscenter or much exposure in general. Why expect something different the second time around?

squicken

Reading comprehension FTW, fellas. I asked if you honestly believed all six recoveries were from luck, not if we were lucky to get all six. Excuses excuses, my god the salt. It's hilarious how bitter some of you are.

http://www.footballperspective.com/the-definitive-analysis-of-offensive-fumbles/

This breaks down the type of fumble and the recovery odds per fumble. Forcing fumbles is a skill. Recovering fumbles is mostly random.

Your team has been getting very lucky in winning all these close games. That luck will turn eventually. People said SF's close game luck would turn, and maybe it will. But unlike last year, they are winning comfortably in victory

Top Bottom