• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

If I was a real ref, I'd just sit back and up our demands. The longer this goes, the more money they can ask for.

Bill Simmons suggested on his podcast, Romney should get involved and offer the difference in the money out of his own pocket, as a big power move. Flip side, Obama should put his presidential fist down and get it done. One of the candidates should make a move. I'll vote for whoever does it first.

RBH

2019251729.jpg

Jerry Jones weighs in:

“No, I did not(see it). I just read a little note in the paper that the Seahawks pulled it out,” Jones said.

So in Texas, where everything apparently is bigger, the coverage of this non-event is a little blurb in the newspaper indicating Seattle pulled out a close one. Spin it, Jerry. Spin spin.

Trey

Bill Simmons suggested on his podcast, Romney should get involved and offer the difference in the money out of his own pocket, as a big power move. Flip side, Obama should put his presidential fist down and get it done. One of the candidates should make a move. I'll vote for whoever does it first.

One of the dumber things Bill Simmons has ever said.

Jerry Jones weighs in:
Later than Tammy's period.

Yup, especially coming off of going full Cutler after the game. It'll be interesting to see if they can regain their composure by Sunday.
Should get a good look at pass defense too, which will be good to see.

It's weird, this season is more or less a mirror image of 2010.
Defense looks good, Clay beasting, offense struggling, losing close games they should have won.

Fox318

Jerry Jones weighs in:

So in Texas, where everything apparently is bigger, the coverage of this non-event is a little blurb in the newspaper indicating Seattle pulled out a close one. Spin it, Jerry. Spin spin.

Honestly I believe that Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, and Spanos are the major owners holding out.

One of the dumber things Bill Simmons has ever said.

I tuned in to hear him bitch about the Pats losing the Ravens and I wasn't disappointing. Due to his homerism, it was almost as if the Pats were the only ones the refs boned in that game, but there was widespread boning.

Why isn't the press covering the huge indignity Erin suffered last night when she was given a kicking ball on the 2 point conversion?

I tuned in to hear him bitch about the Pats losing the Ravens and I wasn't disappointing. Due to his homerism, it was almost as if the Pats were the only ones the refs boned in that game, but there was widespread boning.

There's varying degrees of boning. Your team got boned, but won. My team got boned but lost. I want to be boned less.

ari

Banned
Everyone bitching about the int to touchdown shit but no one is saying anything abut that bullshit down by contact from Rodgers in the redzone that changed the game.

Call out that shit too. Don't parade as if the packs were the fucking victim.

Because he specified that it's happened before.

Did he whine like a little girl about it then too? He admits he said after they gave it to him, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

For his sake, I hope they start printing instructions on the ball to alleviate his confusion in the future.

The Osi/Mccoy feud has been reignited with Giants/Eagles coming on Sunday:

McCoy says it's "real" and real nasty ...

"Yeah this is for real, like I don’t like Osi!" McCoy says, according to the press release from ESPN. "I don’t know how he feels, he might think it’s a game but I don’t play them type of games so every time on the field I would say stuff to him like you is a bum… you are the 3rd best defensive lineman on the defense, which I didn’t lie. Wait, I did lie, he’s the 4th now so I actually did lie…" #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

McCoy also called Osi Umenyiora "a ballerina in a Giants uniform" ..

No response from Osi yet. I enjoy these little back and forths.

The worst kinds of bonings are sympathy bonings!

"Oh boy did we fuck up on that holding call! Here's let us take that pick away for you!"

It was so fucking bad, the game was hard to watch because of it (and the result made it even worse). Just a horrible game throughout.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It would be amazing if the Packers end up missing the playoffs by 1 game. Football gods please make it so.

Better yet

Seed #6 Tie between both Seattle and Green Bay are 9-7 or 8-8, and due to the tie braker Seattle goes on

OH LAWD!

Herman Edward: "24 Fouls for 245 Penalty Yards"

Fuck Me, were the Raiders involved in this?

brentech

Did he whine like a little girl about it then too? He admits he said after they gave it to him, "What am I supposed to do with this?"

For his sake, I hope they start printing instructions on the ball to alleviate his confusion in the future.
As if you wouldn't make a snarky comment around a coworker that consistently bubbles around making mistakes.

I made fun of people at my office all the time.

Bah, Osi took the high road.

"Well he’s probably right,'' Osi said, responding to LeSean McCoy. "I might be a ballerina in a Giants uniform, I’m lucky I got the contract, I’m lucky to be playing 10 years in the league, to have won two Super Bowls, all that is pure luck and I’m happy for him, I’m happy he got his contract and I’m happy everything is working out well for him in Philadelphia. "

Idk, I think Browns fans would be pretty upset considering they only have the lead with 10 seconds to go like 3 times a season or so.

Browns fans would be quiet out of fear that speaking up would remind everyone that they're still in the league and thus risk being contracted.

Cagey

Banned
The Osi/Mccoy feud has been reignited with Giants/Eagles coming on Sunday:

No response from Osi yet. I enjoy these little back and forths.

Osi could not be reached for comment, as he was busy polishing his rings.

EDIT: Oh god his real response is even better. <3 Osi

More:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

The NFL "supports the the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling."

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

In short, NFL is saying it was right call because Jennings didn't have sole possession when he hit the ground. Simultaneous at that point.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
It would be amazing if the Packers end up missing the playoffs by 1 game. Football gods please make it so.

Or if Seattle ends up winning the NFC West by 1 game. 49er/Cardinal fans should be almost as mad as Packer fans.

Top Bottom