• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Levyne

Banned
I'm trying to think what the other possible statements (regardless of likelihood) they could have possibly made.

1.) The one we see.
2.) Unprecedented situation leads to unprecedented ruling, the game is given to GB.
3.) Other?

I guess the situation of refs costing a team a victory is not unprecedented enough to exact that unfair act rule.

brentech

With the way the Packers offense has looked through 3games I wouldn't expect them to do better than 6-10. The way games are called in favor of offense these days you can't really expect your D to hold opponents to 14 or less. You just have to score more, and the Packers are totally out of sync.
McCarthy has never done a good job of adjusting in the first half of a game. Feels like 07-08 season in the making again. Maybe Rodgers needs that. Dude has to be able to come from behind sometime.

Awesome OP, as usual.

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Go Bears!

6209813847_22ced66c40_z.jpg

I need this costume to wear when we go to Houston and continue our ownage of them.

squicken

I enjoy that part time officials making six figures are a cause célèbre for pro-union folks and democrats. Everyone loves the 1% I guess

eznark

Banned
NFL issues statement supporting the "not enough evidence to overturn" decision.

lolololol

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Idk, I think Browns fans would be pretty upset considering they only have the lead with 10 seconds to go like 3 times a season or so.

Browns fans would be quiet out of fear that speaking up would remind everyone that they're still in the league and thus risk being contracted.

You're both lucky I'm at work or you'd be getting the middle finger jessical biel!

There will be no more of this slander and mud-slinging. The Browns are in a primetime game this week, all you bitches will sit there and watch. For once we are important!

Grizza

The double indignity these poor people suffered last night. To have to see a beautiful city like Seattle on their TVs and be reminded that they live in Wisconsin, and then to have their precious game stolen from them. Have these people not suffered enough, Roger? Give them their win back. All the people in these GB pics are making the Romney face. It's awesome, but also a little sad. Best of all it takes my mind off of how bad the Patriots D is again.

Green Bay is beautiful. It's right on Lake Michigan, pretty clean and has a relatively low crime rate.

gutshot

"Yeah this is for real, like I don’t like Osi!" McCoy says, according to the press release from ESPN. "I don’t know how he feels, he might think it’s a game but I don’t play them type of games so every time on the field I would say stuff to him like you is a bum… you are the 3rd best defensive lineman on the defense, which I didn’t lie. Wait, I did lie, he’s the 4th now so I actually did lie…"

McCoy is worse at trash talking than he is at picking up blitzing corners.

But it's rarely called on those plays. They better address the actual issue too.

They arent going to admit that it was an interception. Not a chance.

The real issue is that the refs were afraid to get booed out of Seattle

No, the real issue is that these are low quality refs who dont know what to look for in which situations. As obvious as it was any refs could have missed the OPI due to watching the football to see who catches, if they control it, if they are in bounds when they land.

Once these highschool refs made the ruling on the field that it was a TD and not an int then it was over. All they could hope for at that point was that the replay booth would find that somehow both players lost possession and the ball hit the ground when they landed.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

I think it's funny that there's an 's' after the word official. We've all seen the pic of one official calling it an INT and the other a TD.

Didn't expect anything to happen, but frankly this constant denial of wrongdoing is sickening and indicative of all the problems with the NFL today. This season is null and void.

At least Golden Tate exposed himself for the bitch he is. That was fun to watch.

Didn't expect anything to happen, but frankly this constant denial of wrongdoing is sickening and indicative of all the problems with the NFL today. This season is null and void.

At least Golden Tate exposed himself for the bitch he is. That was fun to watch.
dm_120925_Golden_Tate_TD.jpg

I don't know what you're talking about.

The funniest part is the parsing in that statement. At no point do they state the initial call was correct/incorrect. I mean they state the simultaneous possession rule but it's never "this is the correct call"...

Dragon

Banned
But don't they get all the angles that we get at home? If so, how did they miss golden tate's hand on Jennings' wrist.

Better question, how can it be a simultaneous catch when one player only has one hand on the ball and the other player has inside position? It just makes no effin sense.

squicken

The funniest part is the parsing in that statement. At no point do they state the initial call was correct/incorrect. I mean they state the simultaneous possession rule but it's never "this is the correct call"...

Yep. And really, it is an eff you to the fans. They absolutely know we will keep watching, and it's basically "shut up and just watch"

brentech

Probably won't happen, but I really don't want to have to hear about this for the next 6 weeks. Probably going to be a segment on it before every Packers game now.

nateeasy

Banned
*Fantasy Question*

Are you Aaron Rodgers owners worried? So far this seems to be my biggest first round bust pick ever. I am about to be 1-2 and I might trade him if he doesn't torch the Saints. I hate getting out scored by people like Fitzpatrick, a waiver wire add. Maybe I am overreacting, but his offensive line can't keep him upright.

I could probably use an upgrade at RB. I have made some trades already, but I am still the second lowest scoring team in the league.

10 team ppr

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy
Benjarvous Green Ellis
Ahmad Bradshaw
Andre Brown
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner
Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Antonio Brown
Danny Amendola

Rob Gronkowski

Aaron just played against 3 pretty good defenses. He will get better.

Top Bottom