• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This one hurt more than all the others.

First game in a long ass time that we had a shot right to the last second.

LJ11

His knee is in pretty bad shape at the moment. The injury has really affected his play this year. The dude has made five pro bowls in five years for a reason.

He's pretty great in pass pro but the guy can't run block. When they went his way the ball went nowhere two weeks in a row, common theme the last couple of years. It's pretty frustrating when you have a guy like Richardson and can't churn yards behind your All Pro tackle.

Mifune

Mehmber
I thought they did a pretty nice job on Rice tonight.

Have no clue wtf was up with that last play/throw. Ugh. And I'm so sick of OH WELL WE PLAYED THEM CLOSE WE COVERED THE SPREAD GOOD GAME GOOD JOB GOOD EFFORT.

Sick of fucking losing.

That's the Dick Jauron way. He's taking your D out for ice cream sundaes as we speak.

Why are people saying Weeden is good?

He is working with the same shit WRs that Colt was working with. Maybe the Browns should have drafted some receivers.

We did (Josh Gordon). And Colt McCoy wouldnt have made quite a few of those throws tonight. Weeden has had 2 games this year out of 4 that were better than any of Colt McCoys games, ever.

KingGondo

Banned
We did (Josh Gordon). And Colt McCoy wouldnt have made quite a few of those throws tonight. Weeden has had 2 games this year out of 4 that were better than any of Colt McCoys games, ever.
Yep. Weeden has gone for over 300 yards twice in 4 games, McCoy has gone for over 300 yards once in his career.

The schedule will keep them from winning more than 5, but they'll be competitive in most games because of the D and Weeden.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Colt McCoy is terrible. Never bring up his name again. I've seen more from Weeden in 4 games than the 20+ McCoy has started.

Joe Thomas may be one of the most overrated players in the league.

He's good, but the way people talk about him you think he's not without serious flaws. Reason the last pass was such a failure.

He hasnt looked right all year so far. Word is he's having knee issues that theyre keeping hush hush.

squicken

Let's not overstate CLE's offensive issues. They have some offensive talent at RB and even WR. Little gets open, he just can't catch. They aren't a bottom tier WR corp like SEA. Coaching might be what's really the limiting thing

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Colt McCoy is terrible. Never bring up his name again. I've seen more from Weeden in 4 games than the 20+ McCoy has started.

He is terrible but UT fans can't get off his jock strap...

As a result, you have countless delusional Colt McCoy fans.

KingGondo

Banned
Let's not overstate CLE's offensive issues. They have some offensive talent at RB and even WR. Little gets open, he just can't catch. They aren't a bottom tier WR corp like SEA. Coaching might be what's really the limiting thing
This. They finally showed a bit of creativity by rolling Weeden out, but Richardson was horribly under/misutilized.

Some diversity in playcalling would be much appreciated.

He's pretty great in pass pro but the guy can't run block. When they went his way the ball went nowhere two weeks in a row, common theme the last couple of years. It's pretty frustrating when you have a guy like Richardson and can't churn yards behind your All Pro tackle.

Peyton Hillis and Jamal Lewis were churning out the yards behind Thomas. I agree that Thomas is a much better pass blocker than a run blocker though. When healthy Thomas is still elite in my opinion.

SickBoy

I'm not a big Colt McCoy fan and I have no college affiliation at all, but I think terrible is awfully strong... I think he played moderately well for Cleveland and there are probably a few teams with situations where he could challenge for the starting job:

Oakland
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jacksonville
-----
KC?
Miami?
Arizona?
Tampa?

I think he's pretty average in a lot of ways, but he seems to have a degree of composure that's lacking in a lot of non-elite NFL QBs.

Fox318

I'm not a big Colt McCoy fan and I have no college affiliation at all, but I think terrible is awfully strong... I think he played moderately well for Cleveland and there are probably a few teams with situations where he could challenge for the starting job:

Oakland
Buffalo
NY Jets

Jacksonville
-----
KC?
Miami?
Arizona?
Tampa?

I think he's pretty average in a lot of ways, but he seems to have a degree of composure that's lacking in a lot of non-elite NFL QBs.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
C6aTK.gif

squicken

some ticky tack stuff. nothing out of the ordinary. did not blatantly blow the game with a ridiculous call

So much of it is just administration. With the fake refs you never really knew if they would stick to what they threw a flag for and if they were sure of it. With the real ones, it's sort of "that's the call, deal with it"

Never really appreciated that aspect of it

cajunator

Banned
The flow of the game due to the real officials was very fast. I guess I have been used to those 4 hour games because the quarters flew by in this game.

Nakazato

Oakland
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jacksonville
-----
KC?
Miami?
Arizona?
Tampa?

Has to be a WC off. He doesn't have the arm to make all the nlf throws. That being said his are maybe at Chad Pennington's Level if not just slightly above.

LJ11

Peyton Hillis and Jamal Lewis were churning out the yards behind Thomas. I agree that Thomas is a much better pass blocker than a run blocker though. When healthy Thomas is still elite in my opinion.

They also had Steinbach who still had something in the tank. Need a guard who can really maul inside.

Oakland
Buffalo
NY Jets
Jacksonville
-----
KC?
Miami?
Arizona?
Tampa?

What? Palmer is playing pretty good this year. I think McCoy would even have trouble challenging Pryor for 3rd string.

Does anyone else kind of feel bad for the replacement refs? Granted they were out of their league, but they took a paying job and for the most part I think tried their best, they were just out of their element.

Fox318

Does anyone else kind of feel bad for the replacement refs? Granted they were out of their league, but they took a paying job and for the most part I think tried their best, they were just out of their element.
I don't.

They were strikebreakers that knew they were not good enough to do the job and didn't take any pride in trying to do it well.

They also got payed well to work a part time gig.

cajunator

Banned

I already said they did the best that they could.
It just wasnt good enough for such a high dollar product.

I don't.

They were strikebreakers that knew they were not good enough to do the job and didn't take any pride in trying to do it well.

They also got payed well to work a part time gig.

how are they "strike breakers"? They were not part of the ref union. If the players went on strike and the NFL asked me to play you goddamn right I would say yes, suck fucking ass on national TV, collect a pay check, and feel ZERO sympathy for a union of players who I have no allegiance to.

I do. (Granted my team never got shafted by them)

They were generally not even that bad, but pressure and criticism is something that naturally comes with the profession of sports officiating. The normal refs are used to this, but unfortunately for them, the replacement refs weren't. When people have so much emotional, time, and financial investment in their sports team succeeding, they're going to attack the first thing they can find when they fail. The scab refs just made an easy target.

Top Bottom