• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Slo

Yeah, I think they are all free there. And offical.

image.php

hiryu

Nice to see actual growth from the Browns but I think Shurmur needs to give up play calling to Childress.

Weeden has improved every week he's played and if the receivers would hold on to the catchable balls we would have a few victories. Phil Dawson continues to be team MVP. Haden is a fuckhead for getting suspended and without him our secondary is much weaker.

If the Browns can get a few victories maybe defenses will start respecting our passing game a bit more and quit stacking 8 in the box, which should let Richardson have a bit more rushing attempts.

Joe Thomas has a messed up knee and has not been himself this year.

Browns have a classic uniform and I think it's one of the best in the NFL. They need to wear the all whites a bit less but it's not their choice when playing away. They have said they will wear the brown jerseys at home more this season. I look for Haslam to change the uniform up a little. I could see a return of the orange pants or maybe even an orange jersey occasionally. Please don't add a logo to the helmet.

Also, I'd like to see the coaches stay for one more year but if we don't win a few and show improvement I expect at least Shurmur to be gone. Maybe Childress or Jauron will get promoted. I think we have 5 ex head coaches on the current staff. Whatever happens I hope Haslam keeps Heckert as GM. I think Heckert and Banner had a pretty good relationship at Philly so hopefully that continues. Drafting has not been our problem.

Here's the FOOTBALL plan for the FOOTBALL game, guys. All our FOOTBALL players put on FOOTBALL uniforms and try to move the FOOTBALL down the FOOTBALL field and score FOOTBALL points.
He would never actually make a play call or game plan, because he would be to busy gushing over the other teams players lol

squicken

I think the US should concede the McIlroy/McDowell match now and not let them get the momentum and crowd noise. Oh great and now they're pantomiming fucking soccer like they own they place

OddSpoon

Banned
I was pretty tired from work so I passed out at half-time last night. I don't know what happened in the second half but I'm surprised the final score was so close. Of course, no one on ESPN actually wants to talk about the game, they're all too busy talking about how incredible the refs are.

Besides the Packers/Seattle late game mess up call, these "incredible refs" just call more flags and bullshit.

Here's the FOOTBALL plan for the FOOTBALL game, guys. All our FOOTBALL players put on FOOTBALL uniforms and try to move the FOOTBALL down the FOOTBALL field and score FOOTBALL points.

Actually as a coach it'd probably be more like

Jenkins, get your ************ ass hustlin you fat ************! ******* it you gotta slow ******* step and you ******* **** ******* *******************!!!

Besides the Packers/Seattle late game mess up call, these "incredible refs" just call more flags and bullshit.

Games will also go back to no hits allowed across the middle of the field and offenses like the 9ers won't be able to keep up when games turn into a track meet and their defense can't be as physical. Probably why the NFC W has been so good these first few weeks in general; efficent offenses with good defenses. That'll start to change imo. Shame that while it will benefit the Packers most Ill miss the actual style of play games have been the last few weeks outside of the shitty refs. Tough week to judge this theory since the Packers are playing the Saints D but I expect Packers receivers to magically get open again like they were last year over the next few weeks.

Packers receivers were going to get open against the Saints even with the scabs. Vilma was that defense.

Agreed with your NFC W theory though.

cajunator

Banned
Hopefully this also means the Saints receivers will get open as well.
They run great routes but they arent the most physical players, except maybe Colston and Graham.

squicken

AJ Smith on Matthews

"Extremely talented players like Ryan get multiple opportunities to improve," Smith continued. "What happens to fumblers is, first, they play less. Second, if it continues while they're playing on a limited basis, then you don't play for a while and you get to sit and think about it.

"Third, when you get the call to go back on the field and the fumbling continues, then you will be somebody else's fumbler."

--
and then Twitter

@jimdouville If AJSmith doesn't put a winner on the field he'll be somebody else's poor talent evaluator

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/28/paul-kruger-accuses-joe-thomas-of-flopping-for-flags/

“I was just getting held pretty bad,” Kruger said, via Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. “I threw my hands at him to get him off me and he flopped pretty bad. Unfortunately, they called it. I wish I was that strong. I would be doing that every play. Yeah, he just flopped pretty bad.”

Of course Thomas flopped hard but c'mon Kruger just own up that you made a mistake. From what I remember of the play; Kruger walked away turned around came back and then pushed Joe.

squicken

So I finished that podcast where I heard the breakdown on Fitz. It was with Adam Caplan and Greg Cossel for some Philly thing. They basically go through each game for 5 minutes, discussing offense vs defense for each team. So they get to Rams vs Seahawks, and Cossel says something like "with the Rams offensive line there's no point discussing this" and just move on. Unless Wilson turns it over or they get a KR they really can't score

Bowser

I just want to say that Mike Lombardi is a dumbass. Listened to Simmons' BS Report with Lombardi and Schatz from earlier this week on my way to work this morning and it's just astonishing how wrong the guy is on facts and objective things. How did this guy have a front office job? It was cringe-worthy listening to him.

Fox318

I just want to say that Mike Lombardi is a dumbass. Listened to Simmons' BS Report with Lombardi and Schatz from earlier this week on my way to work this morning and it's just astonishing how wrong the guy is on facts and objective things. How did this guy have a front office job? It was cringe-worthy listening to him.
Look at his last name! He must know FOOTBALL!!!!

KingGondo

Banned
I completely agree, people blaming the lack of a running game on playcalling are being delusional
I disagree with that. Playcalling was horribly unbalanced last night.

Weeden performed admirably dropping back more than 50 times against the Ravens D, but calling runs at some opportune moments could have changed the game.

You drafted this guy third overall, fucking use him!

Fox318

So I finished that podcast where I heard the breakdown on Fitz. It was with Adam Caplan and Greg Cossel for some Philly thing. They basically go through each game for 5 minutes, discussing offense vs defense for each team. So they get to Rams vs Seahawks, and Cossel says something like "with the Rams offensive line there's no point discussing this" and just move on. Unless Wilson turns it over or they get a KR they really can't score
Brian Schottenheimer.

Games will also go back to no hits allowed across the middle of the field and offenses like the 9ers won't be able to keep up when games turn into a track meet and their defense can't be as physical. Probably why the NFC W has been so good these first few weeks in general; efficent offenses with good defenses. That'll start to change imo. Shame that while it will benefit the Packers most Ill miss the actual style of play games have been the last few weeks outside of the shitty refs. Tough week to judge this theory since the Packers are playing the Saints D but I expect Packers receivers to magically get open again like they were last year over the next few weeks.

Agreed. Niners had a tough time competing last year with the regular refs

squicken

I was looking at Android stuff and I didn't realize it was just as icon based as iOS. I don't like that. I really dig WP live tiles things. Seems like that is what a modern mobile OS should look like. Also like the matte look the phones have

Gonna have to check it out obviously before committing

I love to listen to those guys breakdown games. They are on Eagles Live every week. Caplan is on almost everyday now and Cossel is on a lot also. They also do a segment for Eagles Nightly every week.

squicken

I love to listen to those guys breakdown games. They are on Eagles Live every week. Caplan is on almost everyday now and Cossel is on a lot also. They also do a segment for Eagles Nightly every week.

Caplan does lots of radio hits in HOU and he's really good. I like Cossel, though I know he has his detractors. He's entertaining and for a fan like me, I think he increases my understanding of the game

Cossel does the Shutdown Corner podcast with Doug Farrar which is really good as well. It's always kind of stilted b/c they do it remotely, but still enjoyable

Top Bottom