• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Spinluck

I just wanna get some good analysis on this.. Was the Broncos defense just that bad, or was the Patriots offense just that good?

A little bit of both. Brady sliced and diced the D like last year, but struggled in the 4th.

Denver's D was just bad though, never should a 3rd & 17 be converted on a run.

When that happens, you know you're fucked.

Solid win for the pats today, need to tighten up a few things. Aaron in there tonight would've pushed them over the top on some of those drives, particularly in short yard situations. Fells is garbage. It'll be nice if he plays next week, but wouldn't be surprised if they save him for later.

They need to close out games, it cost them the Ravens game and it almost cost them this game. Besides that, can't complain about the performance too much.

They might bring Hernando back after the bye, not wanna rush him in.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Broncos defense by far.

It was a combo of both, this is what they were missing the last few years in Ridley, someone who can really break off some big runs every now and then. Welker is heavil involved again which they exploited, but again Aaron was out and Gronks not 100%. Should get better with passing weeks.

Derrick01

Banned
I just wanna get some good analysis on this.. Was the Broncos defense just that bad, or was the Patriots offense just that good?

Broncos defense had many drives where they couldn't stop a single play or get negative yardage on a run. They were as incompetent as you can get, you could have pulled them off the field and the only difference would have been New England scoring a minute faster than with them on.

A little bit of both. Brady sliced and diced the D like last year, but struggled in the 4th.

Denver's D was just bad though, never should a 3rd & 17 be converted on a run.

When that happens, you know you're fucked.

When I saw the draw with Woody, I was like 'Oh there is that 'give up on the drive' play again', but suddenly he just kept running and made it passed the first down. Such a weird play.

weeeeeeeeeelp, easy does it for the niners. the bills are the worst defense we've played all year. it was just baffling to watch their defense. alex smith had ALL DAY back there basically every time he threw the ball. i think he got hit 2 times in the game, and once he actually ran INTO mario williams.

bills offense isn't as bad in my opinion but fitz just doesn't have the arm to make some of the throws he tries to make. there were potential plays left out on the field there because of his mediocre arm

about the only thing i was disappointed with were the penalties. we had some bad holding calls and other penalties that brought back big plays. i'm ready for the giants next week!

squicken

Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Daryl Talley trolling Mario Williams on Twitter. My 15 year old self is 0.0001% less bitter now

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Fuck the Aints, fuck the Failcons.

cam-newton-cartoon-e1348774467841.jpg

U MAD?

squicken

yeah those penalties smh

about the only thing i was disappointed with were the penalties. we had some bad holding calls and other penalties that brought back big plays. i'm ready for the giants next week!

Andrew Siciliano ‏@AndrewSiciliano
The 49ers are the first team in NFL History to have 300 yards passing and 300 yard rushing in a game

bionic77

What was eznarks reaction after the game?

:lol @ Packers only being the 3rd best team in their division!

Thanks Niners for keeping me alive in my office elimination. A few people picked the Packers. :lol

Spinluck

When I saw the draw with Woody, I was like 'Oh there is that 'give up on the drive' play again', but suddenly he just kept running and made it passed the first down. Such a weird play.

I lol'd and then realized how tired they looked in the replay. Not to mention they were absolutely not expecting a run based on their positioning.

Top Bottom