• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

TheFatOne

Defense came up huge on the last drive.

They have made some nice plays this season. It's just that the safeties, and corners are so sad. I have shit on Ninkovich all season, but I have to give him props this game
It doesn't change the fact that he is still a scrub.
Jones continues to improve, but he needs to eliminate the spin move from his arsenal. It's the worst/saddest move he has. He is better off using his hands. One thing I wanted to see from him is more moves to the inside, and he had a few good ones tonight. Man he is going to be so good once he perfects his moves.

JABEE

First of all, 49ers will lose to NY Giants before getting to Superbowl... Like last year, remember last year, where you didn't win shit and Manning won SB... like that.
The 49ers were one Williams fumble away from winning the NFC.

Spinluck

Actually, NE wins, because they have a run game and Brady doesn't have to win every game on his own.

Pretty much, the W is all that matters, and Brady still has a team he can fall back on. Plus he was terrific in the first half, straight embarrassed that Denver D.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Milch where's my avy?

Denver played good, NE just played better

Need to fix the kinks, the more reps Pey Pey gets and gels with the team, the better they will get

Here's hoping

I went FMT mode, no posting till after the game

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Against a CRAP defense, BRAVO! Look what happened last week.
Oh, and nearly every time we were on third down or in the red zone, the concept of throwing the ball PAST the relevant line was somehow beyond Wilson.

You can't go for YAC all day. Sometimes you just have to GO FOR IT. So gutless.

First of all, 49ers will lose to NY Giants before getting to Superbowl... Like last year, remember last year, where you didn't win shit and Manning won SB... like that.

Oh, are you talking about the Giant's fraudulent Superbowl win last year? Where a rookie player on special teams, and two dropped ints from player collisions, allowed them entrance to the Superbowl? Yeah, I'm not worried about those Giants.

Oh, are you talking about the Giant's fraudulent Superbowl win last year? Where a rookie player on special teams, and two dropped ints from player collisions, allowed them entrance to the Superbowl? Yeah, I'm not worried about those Giants.

Week 6 49ers-Giants shall decide superiority.

GraveRobberX

Also the fuck happened to Baltimore MVP Flacco Offense

9 Fucking Points against the FUCKING CHIEVES!, what are they, the 2000 Ravens with Trent Dilfer all over again?

ari

Banned

They still got there....and won. Kyle shouldn't have dropped the ball, and smith should've thrown to at least one receiver.

Levyne

Banned
That Redzone TD montage. Seemed well edited too, with lots of video cuts while letting the audio play out into the next highlight.

Oh, and nearly every time we were on third down or in the red zone, the concept of throwing the ball PAST the relevant line was somehow beyond Wilson.

You can't go for YAC all day. Sometimes you just have to GO FOR IT. So gutless.

I will say this though, I don't know that Flynn is going to do any better, but I'd like to see him out there once to try and see how it goes. Our O line with as many penalties (Giacomini (sp?) and freaking Okung every damn week) isn't helping things however.

What good is firing the GM gonna do now? He's hamstrung this team with several terrible, terrible contracts. Really, $60 million on running backs and we just chuck shit deep every play or run that fucking stupid ass read option. Never, ever line up in a power I. Jesus christ I wish we had Fox back, that's how bad Rivera and co. are.

Yep. Read option has ruined the offense, both the run and passing games. I can understand running it once or twice a game, but we do it way too much. I wish we'd just go back to the dual TE sets that seemed to worked pretty good last year.

Milchjon

Milch where's my avy?

Denver played good, NE just played better

Need to fix the kinks, the more reps Pey Pey gets and gels with the team, the better they will get

Here's hoping

I went FMT mode, no posting till after the game

I'm limited to my phone right now. I fail at avatar bets :-/

Will try to find something tomorrow.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I will say this though, I don't know that Flynn is going to do any better, but I'd like to see him out there once to try and see how it goes. Our O line with as many penalties (Giacomini (sp?) and freaking Okung every damn week) isn't helping things however.
I'm really content with how the defense looks, but changes need to be made on offense. Desperately.

Milchjon

Since 2007:
Peyton Manning - 1 SB
Eli Manning - 2 SB's
Tom Brady - 0 SB's

1 + 2 = 3

Math checks out.

We could also call it "Since you couldn't cheat anymore"

If you're counting SB wins: Peyton hasn't won one since 2006
If you're going by appearances: Brady has been at two.

I'm really content with how the defense looks, but changes need to be made on offense. Desperately.

Yes, absolutely agreed. Seriously doubt Carroll is going to make the changes necessary though. At the very least, how about a bit of discipline so there aren't as many penalties??

Dragon

Banned
Since 2007:
Peyton Manning - 1 SB
Eli Manning - 2 SB's
Tom Brady - 0 SB's

1 + 2 = 3

Math checks out.

We could also call it "Since you couldn't cheat anymore"

As long as we're talking about giving credit for team victories to qbs. Brady is 9-4 against Peyton in his career.

Lunchbox

Banned
Since 07, Superbowls - Mannings 3 - Brady 0

You hang it up Tammy!

its 2 not 3, and the fact that you have to put 2 scrubby mannings together to even get near brady says it all

3 > 1
3 > 2

Forever in our shadow mannings.

vjLgQ.jpg

TheFatOne

yup he looked very promising

hopefully he keeps looking for the ball, that will make him stand out easily in this secondary

The thing that stood out about Dennard was that on every play his head was turned around looking for the ball. He saved Chungs late ass on that play towards the end of the game. He had some good plays today, and really stood out. He might start getting some snaps over Moore if he keeps it up.

GraveRobberX

Nearly came back to beat all three of them too.

So there is some sort of silver lining.

But that defense needs work.

The thing is the team is always on the cusp of getting there, but there is always, always a falter or a chink in the armor

Stupid play killing drives hurt us the most
McGahee dropping that short 3rd & 1 with no one around him for 5+ yards are the plays that destroy confidence
Half the sidelines just sulked, put there heads down when he dropped that

Denver is still a fragile team, I mean so many motions this teams has went through in the last couple of years
I say year 2, if they play like this, they deserve the blame
This is just a hopeful season, hope we make it to the Playoffs

Win #1 incoming. Tonight is the night we begin our 12 game win streak to finish the season. Falcons will implode, losing their last 11 games of the season.

Tabris

3 Super Bowl rings when you cheated don't count. Since you weren't allowed to cheat anymore, you've won 0 :p These two beautiful brothers won 3 rings since you weren't allowed to cheat anymore:

eli-manning-with-super-bowl-xlvi-trophy.jpg

peyton-manning-super-bowl-20070204_rua_p77_440.jpg

138326976.jpg

Spinluck

its 2 not 3, and the fact that you have to put 2 scrubby mannings together to even get near brady says it all

3 > 1
3 > 2

Forever in our shadow mannings.

vjLgQ.jpg

It's weird, Tom is a far better QB now than he was then, yet he hasn't managed to win another.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the Luck vs RG3 Superbowl this year.

Not getting into this argument though, lol.

EDIT: I need both Rivers and Brees to go off tonight.

Teams change. Other teams get better. I doubt not being able to cheat is the only reason the Pats haven't been winning superbowls. Regardless if Brady is better or not. Lets just focus on how hilarious it is Manning went to the Broncos haha

Top Bottom