• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Rorschach

You didn't miss much. In fact, it was pretty much the same as the last two meetings with the Pats, only with a some more offense. Defense was bad, Pats rushing was excellent.

:jnc

Supposedly it can change human behavior.

Seconded. He's a hack.

It just makes you more reckless. Doesn't make you wub widdle kittiez.

Quikies83

jason whitlock is a racist dumb fuck (not for this article, just in general). and what kind of writing is this? this fucking idiot gets paid for shit like this?

i can't fucking stand jason whitlock and i never could.

Oh no doubt. Fatlock was well hated when he was writing for the Star. I appreciate this article though -- and his donation for future banners demanding change within this organization.

After my first team The Pats and my second team The Vikebikes, the Chiefs are my third team (untill the trade Houston to the Pats).

Houston won't be a Pat :) He'll be getting locked up -- his speed on the edge is already being compared to Derrick Thomas. Hali and Houston are here to stay.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Wow just saw the Winston video. It's much better than reading the text.

Dude is dead on.

Oh no doubt. Fatlock was well hated when he was writing for the Star. I appreciate this article though -- and his donation for future banners demanding change within this organization.

Houston won't be a Pat :) He'll be getting locked up -- his speed on the edge is already being compared to Derrick Thomas. Hali and Houston are here to stay.

I appreciate his attacks on management, but his comments about Winston are a fucking joke. Whitlock is a hack.

Spinluck

ib21xkSjvviZNo.gif

In other news, I was talking to my grandpa today and he said he wasn't surprised by the Broncos/Pats score. He said "Denver should have held on to Kubiak. He really made things happen with Elway." I can't disagree with him at this point.

1st down, BOOTLEG!!

2nd down, BOOTLEG!!

3rd down, BOOTLEG!!

4th down, PU- BOOTLEG!!

No but really, Kubiak knows how to get an Offense running.
Imagine Manning and Kubiak's Offense fucking, like legit fucking and having a baby.

Defenses be damned.

squicken

Jason Whitlock absolutely throws the hammer down!! Chiefs related

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...rected-toward-gm-owner-not-matt-cassel-100812

whitlock has been after pioli for years. and whitlock wasn't exactly loved by his media brethren when he left kc. he constantly presented himself as the only one who would tell the truth, and sort of hinted that the local media was controlled by pioli

and that's not exactly untrue, but nfl teams control the media in pretty much every non-major market

edit: seems like the whitlock bashing was covered haha

Tom Penny

According to Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com, Tebow went through a more extensive than normal warm-up tonight, perhaps an indication he intends to play the bigger role everyone’s been looking for.

“This isn’t just a routine game of catch. [Jets QB coach Matt] Cavanaugh moving to different spots on field to catch Tebow passes,” Cimini tweeted.

Upset incoming.

I'm not a big football fan, but I just read about that whole Cassel incident and Winston's comments on the whole ordeal, about how they aren't gladiators and they don't play in the Coliseum, etc..

Guess what? Athletes ARE modern-day gladiators. They're paid huge sums of money to go out and represent their city or state in competition. Families pay hundreds of dollars to go see ONE fucking game, and they want to see blood, big hits, and a WIN. People put their team's logo on the cars they drive to work everyday, and pay $200 for their favorite player's jersey. They buy miniature football-jersey onesies for their babies.

Team owners will drop tens of millions of dollars - more money than most people will ever see - for a few years' service from one player to put wins in the standings and fans in the seats. It's simple business for the owners and players, but not to the fans that live and die by every drive their team has. The players haven't come to grips with reality yet.

I actually like the bottle-tossing and cheering for injuries. It's like the veil is being pulled away and revealing what's been growing since free agency, 100+ million dollar contracts, sky-high ticket prices, and the show-me-the-money mentality of today's athletes started in the past few decades. It's not family entertainment anymore, why bother hiding it?

red13th

Texans gonna get tebowed.
not

You didn't miss much. In fact, it was pretty much the same as the last two meetings with the Pats, only with a some more offense. Defense was bad, Pats rushing was excellent.

Oh well. At least the Saints beat the Chargers.

Godslay

Banned
1st down, BOOTLEG!!

2nd down, BOOTLEG!!

3rd down, BOOTLEG!!

4th down, PU- BOOTLEG!!

No but really, Kubiak knows how to get an Offense running.
Imagine Manning and Kubiak's Offense fucking, like legit fucking and having a baby.

Defenses be damned.

I know MechDX wanted him gone at one point, but Kubiak is a good coach. Him and Manning would be great, and he's doing a great job with Schaub. Miss you Gary.

squicken

really don't know what went wrong but i blame drayton for letting beltran leave. i know clutch isn't real but that dude was a boss

Spinluck

Whitlock is a damn tool.

I cannot stand this guy.

I remember him writing an article, practically implying that if Manning used steroids in his recovery process in rehabbing his arm and whatnot, we'd be fine with it because he's an extremely successful white athlete.

LolWut?

I don't recall people being fine with Roger Clemens using steroids. That's why some editorials should not be taken seriously. Ever.

LJ11

really don't know what went wrong but i blame drayton for letting beltran leave. i know clutch isn't real but that dude was a boss

Still is a boss, his knee did him in a couple of years ago. Guy was a bargain too. Very cerebral player as well.

squicken

Still is a boss, his knee did him in a couple of years ago. Guy was a bargain too. Very cerebral player as well.

i thought new york kind of turned on him? he and berkman could have been an awesome switch hitting combo for years. finally get back together and lance breaks down for good

LJ11

i thought new york kind of turned on him? he and berkman could have been an awesome switch hitting combo for years. finally get back together and lance breaks down for good

most fans are stupid, they never got over game 7 and the subsequent seasons. intelligent met fans love the guy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Okay I need this game to start.... NOW!

the build up nerves are always the worst.

lol fucking knew they would use Tebow at QB more. Who didn't see this coming.

am i the only one who thinks the game will be competitive into the 4th quarter? ultimately the texans will win (probably by 10-14) but if years of watching football has taught me nothing else (and it hasn't!) it's that there are no guarantees in the league and when one team hears "OMFG you are the best! easy win here!" and another is hearing "OMFG you are the worst! you gon get fucked up!" then craziness occurs!

Top Bottom