• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

MechDX

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...nce-call/d775b404-dfb8-42a1-8e33-de4a9ba937ea

This football team we’re playing, arguably the best team in the league, I don’t know what to say but I’d much rather play my son’s high school than the Houston Texans. They’re on our list, and here we come that’s our next opponent. Certainly we have to improve a great deal to compete with them.”

(on what stands out to him on film about Texans DE J.J. Watt) “Well, the first thing, you love the fanatical effort. The guy plays with his hair on fire and that’s something you notice. But the size, strength, athleticism; it’s rare to find a guy with that kind of combination. I know my brother was wanting him when he was in Dallas. He lost out in that battle. They took that tackle instead. We kept saying, ‘You got to get this kid, you got to get this kid.’ And sure enough, Houston ends up with him. He might be the first overall pick if you’re having that draft all over again. He might be the first overall pick. Certainly, he makes a huge difference and an impact. Really, it’s a guy, as a defensive coach all my life, it’s one of those rare guys that comes along once in a long time and he’s doing a tremendous job.”

Comments from Rex during his conference call with Houston media. Not the usual loudmouth guy I am used to.

Ok, I'm going to break my rule of asking for fantasy advice in here since I really am having trouble deciding.

which 2 out of these 3 RBs should get starts

McCoy
Richardson
Lynch

I'm thinking Lynch and Richardson, but I'm worried McCoy may abuse the Steelers catching passes out the backfield.
Just for actually having such a stance I'm not answering it.

cajunator

Banned
Surely you're not implying that Mark Ingram is a stud RB...

right?

He's really not. The RB depth on the Saints is 5 good backs, but the only two that get used effectively are Sproles and PT. Ivory and Cadet are sitting on the bench with a ton of potential.

Thats a few days old. Posted it right after the loss. SHango is a pretty good analyst though and he really loves that clusterfuck franchise. I respect that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jealous?

I was there for Carr
I was there for Mario v Reggie v Vince (we got that right tho)
I was there for Ahman Green
I was there for Chris Brown HB Pass on the 2 yard line
I was there for Rosencopter
I was there for the 2010 season. 6-10. Worst defense in modern era. I was almost at a breaking point here.
I was here for you fucks and your TEXANS CYCLE

It's been a lonnnnnnng road bruh. Try sharing a state with Cowboy fans and your team being garbage. It was rough. But now dem tables a turnin.

Geez realizing that we have all have been through this crap just makes me want to puke and even after all these years I still can't get the Oilers failures out of my mind.

cajunator

Banned
I feel a kinship with Texans fans in a way. Probably because the two teams practice together in preseason and have close ties regionally, and Im almost in the middle of both of them so I hear al ot about the Texans. I definitely dont hate them.

Geez realizing that we have all have been through this crap just makes me want to puke and even after all these years I still can't get the Oilers failures out of my mind.
The Oilers giving up the biggest comeback in NFL history broke my heart and turned me into a dickhead Cowboys fan during high school.

I'm not proud of that period in my life.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Oilers giving up the biggest comeback in NFL history broke my heart and turned me into a dickhead Cowboys fan during high school.

I'm not proud of that period in my life.

I was watching the game at my uncles home (that douche is a diehard Cowgirls fan, I didn't even know why) and he laughed at me after it was over. Who laughs at their nephew who's celebrating their 13th bday and that happens?

I now understand why he's a Cowgirl fan. He's a douche.

I feel a kinship with Texans fans in a way. Probably because the two teams practice together in preseason and have close ties regionally, and Im almost in the middle of both of them so I hear al ot about the Texans. I definitely dont hate them.

I used to be a quasi-Saints fan, in a way. When I was a kid, I'd watch football with my dad, and the Saints were terrible, but often seemed to play some team late in the season that just needed one win to make the playoffs. The Saints would win and knock them out of playoff contention.

We cheered them on for their underdog spoiler role.

Matrix

When that game ended I took all my Oilers gear and burned it in the backyard. Never was I so let down.

I just cried and cried... I was a bitch. I didn't burn anything, but I do remember not even eating my bday cake or opening any presents.

Wasn't it like the next year we fucking lost to Montana and the Chiefs at home in a playoff game we should have easily won.

I also remember a Elway playoff comeback drive on them... that destroyed my young soul. I think that was even before the Buffalo game, I shouldn't have been shocked, but that Buffalo game was on a whole new level of WTF

I just cried and cried... I was a bitch. I didn't burn anything, but I do remember not even eating my bday cake or opening any presents.

Wasn't it like the next year we fucking lost to Montana and the Chiefs at home in a playoff game we should have easily won.

I also remember a Elway playoff comeback drive on them... that destroyed my young soul. I think that was even before the Buffalo game, I shouldn't have been shocked, but that Buffalo game was on a whole new level of WTF
The following season, the Oilers played at Buffalo on MNF. A fan had a sign that read WE'LL SPOT YOU 32.

And yup, Oilers played the Chiefs the next season in the divisional playoffs at the Astrodome. I had turned into a dickhead Cowboys fan at this point, and I relished telling everyone Joe Montana would ruin their shit. And I was right.

squicken

I had no idea the NBA was fining floppers. How are they ahead of the NFL on this? It's so bad now. Offensive players are getting so good at grabbing defenders' arms and the falling to the ground. Van Gundy was on local radio and said if the union goes through with their legal challenge the NBA should put scarlet Fs on the jerseys of habitual floppers so the refs know to officiate them differently

Godslay

Banned
After 10 years of bitterness and alcohol we deserve this. Cant wait for our defensive front 7 to get a hold on that swiss cheese o line of the Packers.

10 years? Is that all? I'm not trying to hate, but teams have had longer dry streaks than the Texans for sure.

Hell imagine going to four Superbowls and losing everyone. Or being a Browns fan, or living in Jacksonville and pretending to be a Pats fan because you are too embarrassed to embrace the Jags. You don't deserve anything, and it could be worse. Enjoy the success.

10 years? Is that all? I'm not trying to hate, but teams have had longer dry streaks than the Texans for sure.

Hell imagine going to four Superbowls and losing everyone. Or being a Browns fan, or living in Jacksonville and pretending to be a Pats fan because you are too embarrassed to embrace the Jags. You don't deserve anything, and it could be worse. Enjoy the success.

Oh you guys are gonna get it.

Yall gon' get this work.

Matrix

Speaking for myself I add all the Houston Oilers years onto my Texans years (yes I know I shouldn't do that, but Ive been suffering and I've been diehard for both). So in a strange way it feels longer, plus the 5 years we went without a team. That was such a low point to not have an NFL team to root for. I didn't follow some of the dumb fans who went along with that piece of shit Bud Adams.

I'd love for a Houston team just to reach the Superbowl... still waiting for that.

Even the Houston Gamblers couldn't win anything with Jim Kelly in the USFL lol they choked too

"The Gamblers appeared in the playoffs in each of their two seasons, but suffered narrow first-round defeats both times. In 1984, the expansion Gamblers finished the regular season with the best record in the Western conference and were the favorites in the West to go to the championship game. They held a 16-3 lead over George Allen's star laden Arizona Wranglers with just 7 minutes remaining before falling 17-16 in a furious Wrangler comeback. The Wranglers would go on to play in the 1984 Championship Game."

Narag

rfwEO.jpg

How about losing 2 Super Bowls to Eli 'motherfucking goober' Manning?! That leaves a scar on your soul man.

Also, I giggled at the Jags fan part.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.
:jnc

Bowser

Michael Signora @NFLfootballinfo
In 8 of past 12 seasons, at least 1 team with 1-3 or worse record through 4 games qualified for playoffs.

There's still hope for Ryan Kalil's prediction yet!

The only team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs is the '92 Chargers though, so I dunno where they're getting the "or worse" part.

cajunator

Banned

Thats why Im not too upset about being 0-4.
I have been able to watch some very good Saints teams, and see them make history after 43 years by winning a SB.
If this is the payment Saints fans have to make to enjoy that greatness it was worth it.
May never see it again but it will never be forgotten.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
There's still hope for Ryan Kalil's prediction yet!

The only team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs is the '92 Chargers though, so I dunno where they're getting the "or worse" part.

In before delusional Lions fan.

Godslay

Banned
Oh you guys are gonna get it.

Yall gon' get this work.

Poor Gator, it was just too easy to throw in there.

Houston love...

It would be tough to lose your squad, and then have to endure being mediocre at best over that time period. I can't imagine the Broncos leaving or being rebooted after the team was shipped out. On the other hand you get a fresh start, and get to see history being made from the beginning.

:jnc

How about losing 2 Super Bowls to Eli 'motherfucking goober' Manning?! That leaves a scar on your soul man.

Also, I giggled at the Jags fan part.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Milchjon

So athletes have to research everyone's back story before tweeting back? It was obvious she had no idea who he was or his situation.

No, the first part was just unfortunate. (Although the concussion bit was unnecessary towards a stranger, IMO). But being made aware of it and not having the decency to say sorry doesn't make her look good.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You're such a wise man. If I'm ever in Denver or wherever you live we should go to a batting cage.

Also, if somebody is denying your trade in the Shirtless League, just let me know and I'll force them to trade with you.

Godslay

Banned
You're such a wise man. If I'm ever in Denver or wherever you live we should go to a batting cage.

Also, if somebody is denying your trade in the Shirtless League, just let me know and I'll force them to trade with you.

I'm in North Dakota now of all places. The batting cage is just about all we have. You are more than welcome to use it if your ever in these parts.

That thing is the Loose Change of NFL-GAF

I was about to congratulate you on returning home to Houston, but I then noticed that you went viral.

Top Bottom