• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

tmdorsey

We are actually due for a big kickoff return.

Dorsey what do you think of your 5? I love it. Battery life is fantastic it is really fast and it feels great.

Late on this, but I love it for all those same reasons. I saw you say that you turn LTE off to get better battery life. My battery life is good even with LTE enabled, however I'm always either in an area with a good strong LTE signal or on wifi.

Also, I invite you guys to tune in to Turning Point on the NBC Sports Network tonight to watch the NFL films version of Ryan's comeback against the Kittens.

Good entertainment for all!

RBH

Late on this, but I love it for all those same reasons. I saw you say that you turn LTE off to get better battery life. My battery life is good even with LTE enabled, however I'm always either in an area with a good strong LTE signal or on wifi.

Also, I invite you guys to tune in to Turning Point on the NBC Sports Network tonight to watch the NFL films version of Ryan's comeback against the Kittens.

Good entertainment for all!
So you can turn off LTE on the 5 and still have 3G enabled?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have a distant relative that is a Steelers/Dolphins/Lakers/Orioles/StL Cards/Hawkeyes/Miami Hurricanes/Oregon Ducks fan. He lives in Iowa.

Edit: Oh cool, he's wearing a Yankee hat on his facebook page now.

I....don't understand sports fans like this.

What's the point?

Furthermore, I sometimes wonder how people can emotionally commit to more than one team across all sports. I can't even comprehend multiple teams in the same sport!

eznark

Banned
I....don't understand sports fans like this.

What's the point?

Furthermore, I sometimes wonder how people can emotionally commit to more than one team in one sport. I can't even comprehend multiple teams in the same sport!

They don't.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Alright, here's my pre-tryout for writing ESPN headlines

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL -- Ramming their way to victory--St. Louis hands Arizona first loss

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
DET @ BYE -- Meowch! Lions special teams hand first ever win to BYE.
PHI @ PIT -- Steel curtain of defense propels Pittsburgh to a win
GB @ IND -- Pack it in, Indy! Packers win by 17.
CLE @ NYG -- Giant performance -- Eli throws for 450 yards
ATL @ WAS -- RG 3-2 -- Griffin III propels Redskins to 3-2 record
MIA @ CIN -- Phintastic! Dolphins pick up first road win
BAL @ KC -- Whacko Flacco! Joe leads the Ravens to blowout victory

SEA @ CAR -- Camtastic! Panthers win on last-minute Newton TD run
CHI @ JAC -- Jagged wounds--Jaguars drop to 1-4 thanks to Chicago's stout defense
DEN @ NE -- BRADY! Brady Brady Brady, Brady Brady. Brady. Manning. Brady.
BUF @ SF -- Gold rush! 49ers "Gore" Bills
TEN @ MIN -- Ponder this--Vikings go 4-1!

SD @ NO -- Don't touch the water! Electric Rivers shocks Saints in New Orleans

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ -- Texans stay undefeated (Picture shows Tebow standing on sideline)

Vyer

I'm kind of jealous of you Texans fans who have been there from the beginning. The idea of being a fan of a team from the very start of their existence is very cool to me.

It is, but man there have been some dark dark years.

The drama on local sports talk had been pretty entertaining over the years though.

Slo

3-1, best team in the league and still bitter? So sad when fans only root for perfect season.

The one thing we have going for us is that our schedule is pretty weak. Aside from the 49ers, we don't really play anybody worth a crap until week 12. It's not out of the realm of possibility for us to play well in our next 6 games at be sitting at 7-3 at our bye week, and then lose out.

Fox318

This post is basically a Craigslist gift giver solicitation. There's nothing to be jealous of.

Team4Fan

Good looking team with stud at QB with two of the tallest Hills playing WR that you will ever see. Not looking for a full time radio calling fan and I am ok with staying on the down low if you like the another team. Must be clean and pro choice. No liberals can be fans of our team.

Text us and we will send pics of our Woody.

Spinluck

Don't give into that LukeSmith hate. Who else had the Colts as winning the AFCS? Heck, I'm the only one here who actually tries to let everyone know how good Luck is. I might be the only Colts fan here that watches their games

edit: what is that crap. at the very least get me off the fucking titans and cowboys

Ohh puuhhlease.

It's early in the week but it's already being reported that both Ramses Barden and Hakeem Nicks will not play on Sunday against the Browns. So Cruz, Hixon and Randle will likely be the three top wideouts. (we'll dress Jernigan as the fourth)

Talon

I'm actually surprised that I'm getting dependable LTE in Ann Arbor, even on AT&T.

I have to say that the biggest game change with the iPhone 5 for me was the consistent data coverage across Chicago with LTE. With 3G (doesn't matter which carrier, Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint - lol T-Mobile), your coverage was complete and total shit in West Loop, South Loop, and random pockets on the northside - mostly right around Old Town between Armitage and Chicago.

I literally could not pull up email or RSS feeds for those stretches on my commute.

With LTE, you have a consistent 10~ MB/s down/up everywhere in the city. It's certainly not in the 20s and 30s as in Ann Arbor, but that's simply a matter of density.

Talon

MICHAEL CLAYTON FUTURE
1871223000_21d1020f19.jpg

I went to the pepfest at the mall for the Vikings before the 98 NFCC when I was 8 and gave John Randle a sucker. When he got hurt and we lost my dad told me that I poisoned him with the candy I gave him.

That's how I became a Viking fan.

I went to the pepfest at the mall for the Vikings before the 98 NFCC when I was 8 and gave John Randle a sucker. When he got hurt and we lost my dad told me that I poisoned him with the candy I gave him.

Will your crimes be absolved once you manage to slip Christian Ponder a performance enhancing candy bar?

Slo

That's entrapment. You never saw it coming, did you?

squicken

I'm actually surprised that I'm getting dependable LTE in Ann Arbor, even on AT&T.

I have to say that the biggest game change with the iPhone 5 for me was the consistent data coverage across Chicago with LTE. With 3G (doesn't matter which carrier, Verizon, AT&T, or Sprint - lol T-Mobile), your coverage was complete and total shit in West Loop, South Loop, and random pockets on the northside - mostly right around Old Town between Armitage and Chicago.

I literally could not pull up email or RSS feeds for those stretches on my commute.

With LTE, you have a consistent 10~ MB/s down/up everywhere in the city. It's certainly not in the 20s and 30s as in Ann Arbor, but that's simply a matter of density.

Yeah LTE is unreal but ultimately pointless until data caps and throttling are gone. As far as the phone I still wish it was wider. Love how light and thin it is, but it's still a pain to type with

Yeah LTE is unreal but ultimately pointless until data caps and throttling are gone. As far as the phone I still wish it was wider. Love how light and thin it is, but it's still a pain to type with
This is so true. I just lost my unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in with Verizon and I didn't know how much data I'd need so I just figured I'd start with 2 GB and see what happened. I was watching some college football while I was out on Saturday and it was literally a matter of 15 minutes between the text messages telling me I had used 75% and 100% of my data for the month. The quality of the video on that ESPN app is great but what's the point?

Talon

See, my usage pattern is dictated by the fact that I'm on wifi at home/work most times. The only time I'm using data heavily is commuting in/out of work and traveling.

I watch Netflix and MLB.tv on occasion (20 or so minutes yesterday), and I've only come close to my 2 GB cap once or twice. I think as long as you're mindful with streaming, it's not an issue.

The reality is that the speed of browsing, pulling feeds, and running applications is so much ridiculously faster on LTE with even low data activities that it makes a huge difference.

And, yeah, I wish the screen was slightly wider only for typing purposes, but they're stuck with the sizes they have available, IMO.

bionic77

I turn off 4G because I travel a lot and coverage is spotty.

I don't need that speed on my phone either. NeoGAF and email are fine over 3.5 and I don't want to deal with the crappy battery. I will turn it on when I start getting better coverage.

I find LTE way more useful on my laptop. Wish there were no caps though.

tmdorsey

Yeah, I will take the speed of LTE over true unlimited with no caps. I'm still grandfathered in on AT&T unlimited. I stream sports talk 8hours a day, 5 days a week while I'm at work through the cell network and I've only hit the 3GB cap like twice and it was a day or so before the end of my cycle. So, I think I will be good with the new 5GB cap under LTE.

The speed of LTE also helps with data reliant apps like Sportactular or apps that pull twitter/RSS feeds cause them shits open up and load the data up in like seconds. It's wonderful.

squicken,

I disagree with you on increasing the width. I would have been disappointed if they increased the width because I don't think the phone would feel as good in the pocket or in one hand.

effzee

We don't even play you guys, so no.

I'm hoping we can pull out 9-7

He has 32 carries and has yet to break 100 yards rushing this season with one of the most potent passing attacks to help open lanes for him. He sucks. Pierre Thomas is unquestionably a better back.

He hasn't impressed but that offense is so dependent on passing that no RB gets a fair shot there.

And why waste a first round pick on him anyway? I bet he is amazing on a team like the 49ers.

Smokey

Long and very sad story coming...

I was always a somewhat casual fan of the NFL but never really cared for it until 2004. I started paying a lot more attention and actually sat down and watch entire games not called the Super Bowl. Unfortunately at that time the majority of games I got to see were the Buffalo Bills. Looking back I'm surprised I didn't quit football right there
Love ya Wanderingwind

I kept watching games and asking my friends tons of questions until 2007 when I decided I wanted to take a full plunge and become a real NFL fan. But to do that I needed a team to follow. I decided that year to focus in on the teams more seriously and claim one as my own.

I already ruled out the Pats. A lot of people hated them and Tom Brady; at the time I didn't know why but looking at it if I only came into knowing the NFL since 2004 it would explain why I don't hate Brady like the rest of you.

Having watched a bunch of Bills games I ruled them out as they just seemed pathetic, especially since I remembered them making it to the Super Bowl all those times and losing.

I keyed in on three teams...New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans and the Cleveland Browns.

I eliminated the Saints because I didn't like Reggie Bush.

My best friend is a Titans fan so he help bully me out of liking the Texans

And then we have the Cleveland Browns...2007 was the year they finished the season 10-6. I instantly fell in love with Derek Anderson and his sexy throwing arm. I thought to myself "yeah this looks like a nice up and coming team that I can grow with, I'm going to choose them..."

I wish I had researched harder and learned what the Cleveland Browns truly are...

5 seasons later Derek Anderson can eat a bag of dicks for leading me down this road to ruin.

tldr; Derek Anderson fooled me into thinking this team was legit.

I am sorry kave_man..reading this post and then occassionally glancing at your avatar had me lol'ing

my condolences

Top Bottom