• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Godslay

Banned
I stay out of OT and gaming most of the time.
Im a Catholic, southern, nintendo loving, republican, gun owning, pop music loving, chik fil a eating monster.
Oh yeah forgot the anime.

Interesting.

I love all gaming companies and guns. Besides that we don't have anything in common, and I live/lived in states that are ruby red. Wyoming/North Dakota. I prefer democrats on a national level, but am not afraid to vote for good republicans on a state level. It really comes down to the candidate.

cajunator

Banned
Are you a repub tho?

In some ways yes in some ways no.
At least not the way the party is today.
Im not against gay marriage for example or pro capital punishment, im undecided on abortion and im pro gun/ against more gun control. I prefer republican economic ideals.
All of those terms imo are too broad. Not every person toes the exact lines of each group.

Im not against gay marriage for example or pro capital punishment, im undecided on abortion and im pro gun/ against more gun control. I prefer republican economic ideals.
All of those terms imo are too broad. Not every person toes the exact lines of each group.

brofist.

And you're right, not every person in the Republican party sides with their peers. But OT GAF will have you believing that you're a bigot just because you vote Republican.

http://nyj.scout.com/2/1227403.html

Mark Sanchez's days as the New York Jets starting quarterback appear to be numbered. According to ESPN New York's Rich Cimini, two sources close to Johnson indicate that a push for the coaching staff to play Tebow will be made at the top of New York's hierarchy. Johnson was believed to be the driving force behind the Jets' pursuit of Tebow and is reportedly the man spearheading his promotion to starter.

Sanchez has done very little to help his own cause. Through four games, the 25-year-old has completed just 49.2 percent of his pass attempts with five touchdowns, two interceptions and two lost fumbles.

To make matters worse, the Jets lost All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis for the remainder of the season with an ACL tear, and top wide receiver Santonio Holmes will also miss the 2012 campaign with a Lisfranc injury in his left foot.

On the heels of a 34-0 shellacking by the San Francisco 49ers, a game in which Sanchez produced a paltry 39.9 passer rating, head coach Rex Ryan and his staff are scratching their heads and searching for answers.

Now in his fourth season as a pro, Sanchez hasn't progressed as the Jets' brain trust expected he would when they traded up to nab him with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2009 NFL draft.

With the clock striking midnight on Sanchez's time as the starting signal-caller, the Tebow era in New York could be underway in a matter of weeks. Jettisoned after leading a 1-4 Denver Broncos team to a divisional crown and second-round playoff berth in 2011, the former Heisman Trophy winner has been used sparingly this season in the Jets' wildcat offense.

While Sanchez was designated as New York's clear-cut starter during training camp, his lackluster play has opened the door for Tebow to take the reins and try to rally a downtrodden Jets squad.

As a potential quarterback controversy begins to brew, the Jets prepare to host the undefeated Houston Texans in Week 5 on Monday night. And with Sanchez on a short leash, New York's benchmark

aw yeah.

I don't want to sound like a bad fan but I only want to win enough games this year to have the number one pick. However many games that is, and hopefully the wins are against the Steelers, Ravens etc

Were always just good enough to Miss out on the number 1 and not have a winning record smh

The real fucked up part about it will be to actually get the #1 in a draft where (as of right now) I dont see anyone with OMG#1INSTANTHALLOFFAME status. Seems like a lot of pretty good defensive talent though.

That said, I dont think we'll have the 1st pick.

NFL: A FOOTBALL LIFE CLEVELAND 95 was fucking garbage. I wonder why they didnt talk much about Modell and how/why he completely fucked this city over. Cleveland 95? They might as well have called this A FOOTBALL LIFE: BILL BELICHICK PT 2 -THE EARLY YEARS

My roommate lived in Milwaukee. Then he moved to Cleveland for a job. Fourteen months later he quit his job and moved back to Milwaukee. Cleveland really is a horrible place.

I've been to quite a few major cities and I really feel that other than the shitty winter weather it's really not much different from any other big city.

I've been to quite a few major cities and I really feel that other than the shitty winter weather it's really not much different from any other big city.

aGjKF.gif

exarkun

10 years? Is that all? I'm not trying to hate, but teams have had longer dry streaks than the Texans for sure.

Hell imagine going to four Superbowls and losing everyone. Or being a Browns fan, or living in Jacksonville and pretending to be a Pats fan because you are too embarrassed to embrace the Jags. You don't deserve anything, and it could be worse. Enjoy the success.

Bruh, you gotta count the Oilers in that streak. But take out the 5 years, because that was at least 5 years of not having a team just fail miserably either all the fucking time or just at the right moments.

So with the oilers counting, I've rooted for a losing team for...14 years (and last season doesn't count).

Cleveland just sucks though, and so does Jacksonville. As cities. Expecting anything good out of them is like expecting flowers to come out of your gf's ass when she shits. Just won't happen.

Milchjon

Two party system is the worst.

Two party system is the worst.

The clusterfuck we have in this country isn't great either. Anybody and his mom can form a party.

During an election, parties get appointed a share of the seats in parlement based on the percentage of votes they get. When the voting is done, the biggest party tries to form a coalition with other parties to get more than 50% of the seats in parlement since nobody ever gets more than 50% by itself.

Which results in them compromising like crazy, and all their statements during the election get lost. That is if they are able to form a coalition, last time around it took them almost a year to form one and we had to re-vote. I turned 18 2 years ago and I've already voted 3 times. Fucking stupid.

Milchjon

The clusterfuck we have in this country isn't great either. Anybody and his mom can form a party.

During an election, parties get appointed a share of the seats in parlement based on the percentage of votes they get. When the voting is done, the biggest party tries to form a coalition with other parties to get more than 50% of the seats in parlement since nobody ever gets more than 50% by itself.

Which results in them compromising like crazy, and all their statements during the election get lost. That is if they are able to form a coalition, last time around it took them almost a year to form one and we had to re-vote. I turned 18 2 years ago and I've already voted 3 times. Fucking stupid.

Haha, I actually talked about that with some Dutch guy I met on the plane. He said pretty much the same thing.

In Germany, there's a five percent rule to prevent such fragmentation. Only if a party wins >5% of the vote, they'll get seats. Now some argue that that's not right since votes get lost, but it's very practical. We never had more than two parties form a coalition on a federal level.

But I think at the moment, there are no big divisive topics in German politics, so parties are relatively close together.

I also think people forget that democracy is very much about compromise. In Germany, they compromised on the 5% rule, in Holland it seems like the parties have to compromise after the election, and in the US voters have to compromise during the election because it's pretty unlikely that one of just two parties will have a program you totally agree with.

Milchjon

As for actual football stuff:

Cribbs' family wants him to stop playing.

"My wife was hysterical," Cribbs said, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "My whole family was crying. They were scared. They don't want me to play anymore.

"But I'm not afraid."

Players (and sports journos) tweet during the debate:

John Boyle said:
Imagine how mad Obama and Romney are both going to be when they find out that Golden Tate is being named the winner of this debate.

Gronk said:
@WesWelker Yo Wes...Almost convinced to run for President! Need some support! What you think?

(Wes supports Romney? You're tearing me apart, Wes!!!)

Peyton and Brady are buddies, apparently.

Manning told reporters Wednesday that his one-time nemesis gave him regular support during his recovery from neck surgeries last season.

"He plays for another team, and he reached out to me and said, 'Hey, anything I can do to help the rehab, miss seeing you out there,' " Manning said, according to The Denver Post. "When you're injured, and you're not out there playing, you kind of find out who's with you and who's not. Tom consistently throughout the season would check in with me.

"I appreciate that. It says a lot."

Brady said Manning did the same for him after he suffered a season-ending knee surgery in 2008

How can you not love Tom?

Talamius

So, the Panthers are sticking with Nakamura again this week.

Protip: If you play FF, start whoever he'll be covering.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm keeping a list of all you Browns naysayers.

When the Browns finally turn the corner I'm coming for all y'all.

So it seems like there are a lot of people here that are knowledgeable about phones. I am planning to get a new phone. I am on a virgin mobile pay as you go plan and my current phone is terrible. I want to get a new android phone, I have no interest in iphones. I was just hoping someone could look at this page and tell me if one of the android phones is better then the others. Thanks.

I'm keeping a list of all you Browns naysayers.

When the Browns finally turn the corner I'm coming for all y'all.

Shit we will all be older then Weedon before that happens.

So it seems like there are a lot of people here that are knowledgeable about phones. I am planning to get a new phone. I am on a virgin mobile pay as you go plan and my current phone is terrible. I want to get a new android phone, I have no interest in iphones. I was just hoping someone could look at this page and tell me if one of the android phones is better then the others. Thanks.

HTC V, I've got the trophy and its awesome

I almost didn't pick up my copy but I said what the heck. So far it's not that bad really. I wish I had more time to play.

But if you want old school RE, yeah forget about it.

Are you playing it on PS3 or Xbox? And is there any favorite campaigns in the game? I'm on Chris chapter 1 right now

Milchjon

If you can get 4G, the HTC Evo looks like your best bet. Despite the 5 MP camera...

"Ice Cream Sandwich is the newest and most advanced Android™ OS available." is kind of not true though...

Top Bottom