• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Dragon

Banned
Gonna miss most of tonights game, have a damn job interview. Ill probably be watching it on the iPad while cruising the train.

Rams will probably get up due to home ground advantage is the feeling i'm getting right now, last week was the trap game and even though we played like shit we made plays when the game was on the line, our D schemed to take away Reggie Bush and dared Tannehill to beat us which he almost did. Rams aren't as good as Miami i feel so im expecting a 17-20 type of game with whoever offense sucks the least winning

Good luck man. Kill it!

Striker

Looks like the Giants head into their game versus Cleveland without Nicks and Barden at WR, and both Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle out. So they'll be down to four active WR's, and three Safeties, one of which is coming off a suspension over Adderall. At least Coe and Hosley are improving, I guess...

squicken

Rams win by 4. Kolb is garbage, but so is Bradford.

Squicken wills his team* to victory

Bradford's better than Kolb. Steve Young has pretty much the best take on it when it comes to QB development. The most important trait when determining if a QB will be good is what kind of situation he lands in. He said he'd just have ended up as a footnote if Bill Walsh wouldn't have brought him to SF

Both offensive lines tonight will look bad. The difference is that when protection holds, Kolb has Fitz and Andre Roberts. When Bradford's protection holds, he has Danny Amendola

Fantomex

Gonna miss most of tonights game, have a damn job interview. Ill probably be watching it on the iPad while cruising the train.

Rams will probably get up due to home ground advantage is the feeling i'm getting right now, last week was the trap game and even though we played like shit we made plays when the game was on the line, our D schemed to take away Reggie Bush and dared Tannehill to beat us which he almost did. Rams aren't as good as Miami i feel so im expecting a 17-20 type of game with whoever offense sucks the least winning

First world problems.

Bradford's better than Kolb. Steve Young has pretty much the best take on it when it comes to QB development. The most important trait when determining if a QB will be good is what kind of situation he lands in. He said he'd just have ended up as a footnote if Bill Walsh wouldn't have brought him to SF

Both offensive lines tonight will look bad. The difference is that when protection holds, Kolb has Fitz and Andre Roberts. When Bradford's protection holds, he has Danny Amendola

I think Amendola is really good. He isnt a bad option at all. I wish the Eagles had him. I would take him over Avant in a second.

squicken

I think Amendola is really good. He isnt a bad option at all. I wish the Eagles had him. I would take him over Avant in a second.

Oh I really like Amendola. Between the number he might be the best in the league. But he doesn't challenge the deep part of the field or do much outside the numbers. So the offense gets very compressed. They've got a young guy who can get deep, but they just can't protect long enough to put in much 7 step drops

It's really tough to run an offense if you can't run, struggle vs press, and can't pass protect. Bradford has a role in all this. But the degree of difficulty is very high. Both teams will play the same game. Try to run. Don't turn it over. Try to win by forcing TOs and get some plays in ST

If Dockett plays it could get bad. If they line him up over Ojinaka I have no idea what they'll do.

What is Avant, like the fourth or fifth option for Vick after maybe taking off on his own?

Yeah Avant has really lowered himself these last fe years. Key drops and terrible fumbles have him so low.

Oh I really like Amendola. Between the number he might be the best in the league. But he doesn't challenge the deep part of the field or do much outside the numbers. So the offense gets very compressed. They've got a young guy who can get deep, but they just can't protect long enough to put in much 7 step drops

It's really tough to run an offense if you can't run, struggle vs press, and can't pass protect. Bradford has a role in all this. But the degree of difficulty is very high. Both teams will play the same game. Try to run. Don't turn it over. Try to win by forcing TOs and get some plays in ST

If Dockett plays it could get bad. If they line him up over Ojinaka I have no idea what they'll do.

You will be happy that I benched Jackson tonight so he will run for like 3 TDs now.

Striker said:
Looks like the Giants head into their game versus Cleveland without Nicks and Barden at WR, and both Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle out. So they'll be down to four active WR's, and three Safeties, one of which is coming off a suspension over Adderall. At least Coe and Hosley are improving, I guess...
Rolle is playing.

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz

Antrel Rolle has swelling in his left knee, did not practice but Coughlin expects him to play. #NYG

Hosely, however may not be:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN

Coughlin is confident CB Michael Coe (hamstring) will play Sunday. He's not confident CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring) will, though. #NYG

Nicks has already been ruled out. Barden hasn't even been cleared to practice so, yeah..he's likely a definite scratch.

EDIT: By the way, for those interested INSIDE the NFL had an interview with the scab refs. Pretty interesting stuff including who the toughest coach was to deal with, the Seattle/Packers call, etc. It's about 16 minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFWb0kTqruU#t=5m40s

Cagey

Banned
"Welcome to the New York Giants; you're questionable for Sunday's game"
- Jerry Reese to all future defensive back acquisitions

I'm not much of a Rodgers fan, but if he started to sport a Big Boss eye-patch for the rest of the year he would instantly jump up to the 'Most Awesome QB Ever'.

*salute* Fortunately the good lord blessed him with an extra eye!

Rorschach

At what point did people start hating the Pats?

Boston fans are just obnoxious and their QB is a princess. I think the Tom Brady era started it. No one had beef with Bledsoe.

Boston fans are tied with Philly for worst fans. Not talking about GAF, but in general.

Boston fans are just obnoxious and their QB is a princess. I think the Tom Brady era started it. No one had beef with Bledsoe.

Boston fans are tied with Philly for worst fans. Not talking about GAF, but in general.

I love Philly fans and have had nothing but good experiences with Boston fans when I lived in NH. I thought sports fans on the west coast were way worse then the fans on the east coast.

Striker

Rolle is playing.
I only reiterated with Paul Dottino had mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Sunday came and he does start/play, but is limited. Will Hill will probably see the field often.

Sash will get his ST duty in and perform well, I think.

News on Snee, though, not so good.

Jorge Castillo & #8207;@jorgeccastillo

If Chris Snee (hip) doesn't go Sunday, Kevin Gilbride said Mitch Petrus would be the next man up. #nyg

squicken

I love Philly fans and have had nothing but good experiences with Boston fans when I lived in NH. I thought sports fans on the west coast were way worse then the fans on the east coast.

As much bad stuff as I've heard about fans being verbally abusive and fighting in the northeast, I can't recall ever hearing stories like what goes on out in CA. People in comas, stabbings, even some shootings

Good interview. Respect the refs for coming on and handling that calmly and truthful, and mad props for Mike McCarthy for actually calling the ref himself and still being a complete gentleman on the whole situation.

BigAT

At some point a reporter is going to ask Tom Coughlin who his healthy scratches are for Sunday and he's going to say "What is a healthy scratch?"

effzee

What is Avant, like the fourth or fifth option for Vick after maybe taking off on his own?

Avant is only on this team because he goes across the middle and has sure hands. Some of the craziest throws McNabb threw and now Vick throws he catches.

He had some uncharacteristic drops last season. And one terrible game against the Bills where he fumbled but he is pretty sure handed for a #3-#4 WR.

Sanjuro

Boston fans = New England Patriots Quarterback situation?

squicken

Looks like it will be pretty empty in STL. They always sell out but somehow there are 1000s of tickets available for purchase. Doesn't help that the place looks like a dungeon and the owner will move the team to LA in a couple of years

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Not sure if want politics in here.

iYJUMyi4lV6V4.png

iryJ536SKdeBM.png

jmdajr

Looks like it will be pretty empty in STL. They always sell out but somehow there are 1000s of tickets available for purchase. Doesn't help that the place looks like a dungeon and the owner will move the team to LA in a couple of years

I saw this one Texans game there on TV and the place was EMPTY. The team said they felt all out of place because they are used to crowd noise. It was like god damn practice.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mary Kay Cabot just posted on twitter that Jimmy Haslam won't be making any personnel changes (if any) until the year is over.

Enjoy your last games Shurmur!

Striker

Mary Kay Cabot just posted on twitter that Jimmy Haslam won't be making any personnel changes (if any) until the year is over.

Enjoy your last games Shurmur!
So who's the next coach they decide to hire, only to fire again two years later? Seems like a constant cycle for Cleveland. Crennel, Mangini, Shurmur, though at least Crennel was given a longer leash, lasting four years. The rotation of QB's has also been large: Frye, Anderson, Quinn, Delhomme/Wallace, McCoy, now Weeden.

squicken

I saw this one Texans game there on TV and the place was EMPTY. The team said they felt all out of place because they are used to crowd noise. It was like god damn practice.

They won 15 games in 5 years. Kind of kills fan support in a baseball town. And really, all they seem to care about there is the baseball Cardinals. The owner won't commit to keeping the team there, which hurts too

I'm not sure how many of you guys are old enough to remember games played in some of the old dome stadiums like the Kingdome and Astrodome, but it's very similar to those domes. The place looks like a dungeon. The lighting is so bad. It's an even bigger problem at night

Top Bottom