• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Bowser

Welp, looks like starters Geoff Hangartner, Chris Gamble and Jon Beason will all be missing the Seahawks game.

Yayyyyyyyyyy...

Fantomex

Which threads?

everyone.gif

Narag

Crisco

Banned
Welp, looks like starters Geoff Hangartner, Chris Gamble and Jon Beason will all be missing the Seahawks game.

Yayyyyyyyyyy...

Let's be serious, Beason has played like shit and only good things can come from Keuchly getting more snaps. Any injuries to the line and secondary hurts though.

Bowser

Let's be serious, Beason has played like shit and only good things can come from Keuchly getting more snaps. Any injuries to the line and secondary hurts though.

If anything tho, Seahawks were the best team to face without Gamble - one of the worst passing offenses in the league. Also, Rivera mentioned Kuechly getting reps at MLB in practice. Honestly, I would like them to move Kuechly to MLB full-time and have Davis and Beason play WLB by committee. Kuechly is by far our best LB, even as a rookie, and I'd rather have him as any every down player instead of taking him off 3rd downs like we've been doing so far (no idea why we take our best coverage LB out on passing 3rd downs, it's idiotic).

Sanjuro

Nothing wrong with the Pats, I respect the heck out of their organization. I just cant stand most of their fans, especially the ones that started bandwagoning them halfway through the 2000's or later.

Still inaccurate. We've sold out every game since 1994. How are the LA Vikings doing?

I just watched the Browns football life. I dont get the point of lying throughout it. Saying that the Browns improved every year under Bellichick is 100% false. They also said that the Browns would have won a SB for sure if they stayed in Cleveland with him at coach but there is no way to know that. He was there for 4 years and they had a losing record in 3 of them. I also dont remember the 1995 Browns being pre-season SB favorites at all. Cleveland losing the Browns is a really sad story, not why they felt the need to cram all that other garbage in.

Perry Fewell on the Eagles game:

"We underestimated his speed a little bit when he got around the edge,'' said Fewell, who added that will help the next time they face the Eagles.
Please tell me this is a joke? Tell me this man isn't really saying that Mccoy's speed "surprised" him. He's been doing this to your defense for THREE YEARS!

Bowser

Perry Fewell on the Eagles game:

Please tell me this is a joke? Tell this man isn't really saying that Mccoy's speed "surprised" him. He's been doing this to your defense for THREE YEARS!

You didn't say that. TELL ME...YOU DIDN'T...JUST...SAY THAT! [/Booker T]

Milchjon

Nothing wrong with the Pats, I respect the heck out of their organization. I just cant stand most of their fans, especially the ones that started bandwagoning them halfway through the 2000's or later.

:-(

Also, why are you so chippy today? Anything you wanna talk about?

Bowser said:
You didn't say that. TELL ME...YOU DIDN'T...JUST...SAY THAT! [/Booker T]
Pretty much where I am right now. I like Perry but that's an amazing statement to make about one of the best cutback runners in the game.

Further on the injury front:

Stevie Brown will be starting in place of Kenny Phillips
Rocky Bernard will likely not be playing which means Marvin Austin will start (his third NFL game)
Chris Snee will likely not play. Which means Mitch Petrus will start. Hopefully its 2011 Petrus who showed some good run blocking chops instead of preseason horrible Petrus who could barely find the sidelines.

Webster is down with the hand and NOW a Hamstring injury as well and might now play. Which means Prince and Michael Coe would start. Hosely didn't practice so he's not going to be out there.

Cruz, Hixon and Randle will be the starting wideouts. Jernigan will be active and likely play some snaps.

So yeah....the entirety of this fucking team is on the bikes or getting treatment. We should STILL beat the fucking Browns with all of that. I'm prepared for the flat "oh shit there's a game today?" Giants to show up. It's a home game afterall.

Bowser

Pretty much where I am right now. I like Perry but that's an amazing statement to make about one of the best cutback runners in the game.

Further on the injury front:

Stevie Brown will be starting in place of Kenny Phillips
Rocky Bernard will likely not be playing which means Marvin Austin will start (his third NFL game)
Chris Snee will likely not play. Which means Mitch Petrus will start. Hopefully its 2011 Petrus who showed some good run blocking chops instead of preseason horrible Petrus who could barely find the sidelines.

Webster is down with the hand and NOW a Hamstring injury as well and might now play. Which means Prince and Michael Coe would start. Hosely didn't practice so he's not going to be out there.

Cruz, Hixon and Randle will be the starting wideouts. Jernigan will be active and likely play some snaps.

So yeah....the entirety of this fucking team is on the bikes or getting treatment. We should STILL beat the fucking Browns with all of that. I'm prepared for the flat "oh shit there's a game today" Giants to show up. It's a home game afterall.

Interested to see how Marvin performs as a starter. Wonder if he has the conditioning to play the amount of snaps that are likely coming this week...

Well the Vikings are the best team in the league so that makes sense.
Vikings don't know about this 4-0, soon to be 5-0 record!
Gonna miss most of tonights game, have a damn job interview. Ill probably be watching it on the iPad while cruising the train.

Rams will probably get up due to home ground advantage is the feeling i'm getting right now, last week was the trap game and even though we played like shit we made plays when the game was on the line, our D schemed to take away Reggie Bush and dared Tannehill to beat us which he almost did. Rams aren't as good as Miami i feel so im expecting a 17-20 type of game with whoever offense sucks the least winning
Good luck, man! I agree that Miami got rid of the trap syndrome so we shouldn't have a problem there tonight. I think if Dockett plays healthy, we crush them. He's supposed to play but I'm nervous about him re-aggravating the hamstring. Don't want that hindering him all season, rather sit him out this game if he's not fully ready to go.
Hey I was complimenting your team! You contained tannehill to only 450 yards and hartline to only 250 yards. Your D is the real deal!
Oh our D is the real deal all right. You'll get to experience it first hand soon enough...if Dockett is healthy. Was quite obvious how his absence impacted us against Miami. I think we also had an off game though so we should be better but still, we need him to be the defense displayed the first three weeks.

squicken

I just watched the Browns football life. I dont get the point of lying throughout it. Saying that the Browns improved every year under Bellichick is 100% false. They also said that the Browns would have won a SB for sure if they stayed in Cleveland with him at coach but there is no way to know that. He was there for 4 years and they had a losing record in 3 of them. I also dont remember the 1995 Browns being pre-season SB favorites at all. Cleveland losing the Browns is a really sad story, not why they felt the need to cram all that other garbage in.

Yeah hated it. So many other ways they could have gone besides stroking Belichick for the millionth time. And why spend so much time with Pioli, who everyone knows is awful? Ozzie was the guy I wish had more camera time. He played in CLE, lived there. Had the connection to the city. The other guys it just disrupted their career arcs. For Ozzie you could tell he cared about the city and fans

Vikings don't know about this 4-0, soon to be 5-0 record!

Good luck, man! I agree that Miami got rid of the trap syndrome so we shouldn't have a problem there tonight. I think if Dockett plays healthy, we crush them. He's supposed to play but I'm nervous about him re-aggravating the hamstring. Don't want that hindering him all season, rather sit him out this game if he's not fully ready to go.

Oh our D is the real deal all right. You'll get to experience it first hand soon enough...if Dockett is healthy. Was quite obvious how his absence impacted us against Miami. I think we also had an off game though so we should be better but still, we need him to be the defense displayed the first three weeks.

As I said before, I can't wait to play the cards. I hope you are undefeated when we come to town and embarrass you on MNF

Bowser said:
Interested to see how Marvin performs as a starter.
He hasn't been terribly impressive so far but it's not exactly fair to judge him based on 3 games were he played maybe 12 snaps each game. Much less after not having played a down of football for two years. It's going to take him time but it tells you where we are in our depth at DT when we're starting him. We need Canty back, badly.:(

Top Bottom