• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

squicken

the only difference is alex smiths arm is actually healthy and he still can't throw down field! at least peypey has the injury excuse :(

p.s.

harbaugh is a master motivator. he is giving kap some playing time and kap is seeing success. this will either motivate alex to get better or alex will have a "sore shoulder" soon and might miss a game or two so we can see kap in action full time!

motivate to what? throw deep? not take sacks? has harbs ever commented publicly on alex taking all those sacks?

Fox318

Hey Fox?

fuck the jets! Jets suck!
9teey.jpg

YEEEESSSSSSS! FUCK THE JETS! FUCK THE JETS! FUCK THE JETS!
EO81q.jpg

Fuck the Jets

xRLR7.gif

motivate to what? throw deep? not take sacks? has harbs ever commented publicly on alex taking all those sacks?

do whatever it takes to move the ball! the only thing that harbs has ever said publicly is that alex is playing great football. i said this before the season and i'll say it again, alex wont throw the ball unless you are more or less wide open. the exception is vernon davis, who he will just throw the ball up to.

alex's other issue is that he has poor pocket presence. he spun into 2 sacks against the jets.... motherfucker stand and deliver! don't worry about the pass rush!

but with all that said, he is pretty clearly the best QB in the NFC west. and as most people saw last night, that isn't saying much

Sure but say they still walk McCann with bases loaded....6-4. Now you have Bourn up, he strikes out, only 2 outs, now Prado gets a chance with bases loaded instead of leading off the next inning.

We should've had another out that inning.
I don't disagree with the basic sentiment (Braves got screwed, it drastically impacted the outcome of the game), but it's hard to stack what-ifs objectively.

It's like how I still talk about the Jerry Rice fumble,
even though the Packers D totally choked right afterwards on the TO play...

I guess I'm saying: I've changed my mind. I know that feel, bro. :(

Gotta say, I'm rooting for the Texans big time this week. Only another pathetic showing from Sanchize can give us the Tebowmania this country needs right now.

You're just lucky Tebow isn't in there. Half of your team would likely be injured, and he would squeak out a sub 2:00 minute warning win by rag dolling JJ Watt on a goal line touchdown.
And then after the Jets release Tebow next year (after he leads them to a miracle wild card and first-round playoff upset of the Pats), the Texans sign him to back up Schaub!

Godslay

Banned
And then after the Jets release Tebow next year (after he leads them to a miracle wild card and first-round playoff upset of the Pats), the Texans sign him to back up Schaub!

TJ Yates then leads the 49ers to a Superbowl win. God works in mysterious ways...

Keep him out of the AFC South. Schaub will just get injured next year and then it's Tebowtime :(
Tebow won't stop until he's won every AFC division. After he carries the Texans to the playoffs in 2013, his final and greatest miracle will be to make the Browns relevant again.

TTebow and TRich? Good god why draft a QB?
They'll also be able to save money by putting track guys out at WR. The only throw Tebow can make is the deep ball (which he's actually decent at), so they won't need receivers that can run actual routes!

It will be the most beautiful football Browns fans have seen in decades.

squicken

alex's other issue is that he has poor pocket presence. he spun into 2 sacks against the jets.... motherfucker stand and deliver! don't worry about the pass rush!

but with all that said, he is pretty clearly the best QB in the NFC west. and as most people saw last night, that isn't saying much

gotta be tough for you to fake interest when you know you'll coast to division win. i just want the rams to keep it close into the 4q and hopefully get really lucky.

gotta be tough for you to fake interest when you know you'll coast to division win. i just want the rams to keep it close into the 4q and hopefully get really lucky.

i actually think (unfortunately) the rams are on the right track. secondary is shaping up nicely and you have some pieces in the front 7. offensive line is an absolute mess, you have no play makers and bradford is alex smith jr. but i think the rams will give us two tough games. i would put the rams at the 2nd best team in the division at this point but losing amendola is pretty big

Godslay

Banned
They'll also be able to save money by putting track guys out at WR. The only throw Tebow can make is the deep ball (which he's actually decent at), so they won't need receivers that can run actual routes!

It will be the most beautiful football Browns fans have seen in decades.

I'd watch. Number one ranked running team for sure. I'm not even joking.

squicken

i actually think (unfortunately) the rams are on the right track. secondary is shaping up nicely and you have some pieces in the front 7. offensive line is an absolute mess, you have no play makers and bradford is alex smith jr. but i think the rams will give us two tough games. i would put the rams at the 2nd best team in the division at this point but losing amendola is pretty big

he may be alex in terms of production but he will throw it downfield. what bugs me most is his accuracy is just gone. he doesn't lead guys. they always have to turn and adjust to his throws. granted even A-Rodg is doing that this year but w/ Sam it's always a problem

TheFatOne

Good news Pats fans Gregory and Edelman are out Sunday. That means Pats will play Edelmans replacement more, and Tavon Wilson will have a shot at the starting safety spot.

That would be one way to lure Tebow to Cleveland. Josh becomes HC of CLE, brings Tebow in, turns him into a world class QB.
Or we just get the number 1 pick, draft Geno. He turns out to be a monster and everything is right in the world. Also Gruden ends up being our head coach and loves every player equally on our team

he may be alex in terms of production but he will throw it downfield. what bugs me most is his accuracy is just gone. he doesn't lead guys. they always have to turn and adjust to his throws. granted even A-Rodg is doing that this year but w/ Sam it's always a problem

Which made mayocks comments last night even more hilarious. First Patrick Peterson is one of the best players in the league, then Bradford's deep ball is the best in the league if he gets protection

squicken

Which made mayocks comments last night even more hilarious. First Patrick Peterson is one of the best players in the league, then Bradford's deep ball is the best in the league if he gets protection

oddly his deep balls have all been accurate . . . when he get protection. but that's not reality in the nfl. the deep ball to amendola that was caught one handed, he needed to find a way to be quicker and step into the throw

the only thing is he is getting better. the TD pass that he made on the run is something he has never done. i'm going to be a fan and root for him this year and see how it goes. it really is his first year with nfl level coaching. it's entirely possible he will improve, if unlikely

oddly his deep balls have all been accurate . . . when he get protection. but that's not reality in the nfl. the deep ball to amendola that was caught one handed, he needed to find a way to be quicker and step into the throw

the only thing is he is getting better. the TD pass that he made on the run is something he has never done. i'm going to be a fan and root for him this year and see how it goes. it really is his first year with nfl level coaching. it's entirely possible he will improve, if unlikely

He was 7/21 and threw a god awful pick. He had a stretch of like 11 straight incompletions. Maybe he is improving but he's not very good

Spinluck

YAC is a good thing last I checked. Comparison of Manning versus other QBs with similar stats and YAC:

Manning:
1162 yards/554 yac

yac comprises 46.4% of yards

Ryan:
1162 yards/472 yac

yac comprises 40.6% of yards

Schaub:
953 yards/477 yac

yac comprises 50.0% of yards

Ponder:
824 yards/472 yac

yac comprises 57.2% of yards

This is just a random selection of teams. You could go on and do the rest and I'm sure that you will see that Manning's numbers with yac are not out of line with the rest of the league. Thomas is a big boy, and teams can't handle him. Manning will benefit from it.

He really never had a deep ball from all accounts. This is not news.

I think he's just mad that even with a noticeably weaker arm, Peyton is still better than the rapist.

Manning can throw deep, he just can't throw deep with as much accuracy and velocity pre-neck surgery.

For a guy who missed a yr, had all those surgeries, and is on a different team. He's doing fine.

All of a sudden YAC conveniently bought up lol, lets ignore the fact that QB stats in generally benefit hugely from YAC.

Top Bottom