• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

A change of scenery would be a good thing for Rex Ryan I think. Most people agree he's a better DC than a Head Coach. But he has brought the Sanchez-lead Jets to 2 AFC Championships, that's something.

I'm not touching that Bucket.

what the fuck man if i just got a hodor spoiler im going to be fucking pissed

Don't look at me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
no longer will I apologize for my hate for Romo.

And fuck Gruden for apologizing for every pick a quarterback has ever thrown. Even that first pick 6, I don't see how you can outright blame Bryant. How does a 4 yard hitch make sense on 3rd and 7. And since when does Romo not chuck it downfield on third down, or is that only when they should be running clock? This qb is fucking stupid, no WR will ever truly be on the same page with him.

squicken

How many are they bringing, just the two ILB or is the OLB also looping inside before the snap? Read they were bring triple A gap heat.

It's usually the two ILB right next to the nose. When they get real aggressive Wilson or an OLB will come right behind them. I just don't see how it gets blocked. Phins sure didn't do it consistently. They'd just slow them down and Tannehill would scramble and throw it. But he took a ton of sacks as well

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rex Ryan is Sansa, singing his songs.

Be careful on spoilers you bums, I just started Feast for Crows. Hodor is still alive as far as I know, damnit Kave Man.

My bad.

If it helps though I only watch the HBO series, so I'm only that far.

No clue which book is a Feast of Crows or if it's been covered yet.

LJ11

no longer will I apologize for my hate for Romo.

And fuck Gruden for apologizing for every pick a quarterback has ever thrown. Even that first pick 6, I don't see how you can outright blame Bryant. How does a 4 yard hitch make sense on 3rd and 7. And since when does Romo not chuck it downfield on third down, or is that only when they should be running clock? This qb is fucking stupid, no WR will ever truly be on the same page with him.

Said it to myself during the game, but it's better to just get sacked in that situation. Free rusher, best scenario is a 3-4 yard gain on the hitch, fuck it. Punt.

Dragon

Banned
My bad.

If it helps though I only watch the HBO series, so I'm only that far.

No clue which book is a Feast of Crows or if it's been covered yet.

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance with Dragons

The series has covered some of books 2 and 3. 3 is definitely the best book and this season will have the best/worst scene of the series in my mind. The battle scene at the end of season 2 was poorly done so I'm not looking forward to what they end up doing there.

Phins sure didn't do it consistently. They'd just slow them down and Tannehill would scramble and throw it. But he took a ton of sacks as well
Both of his picks came from him throwing while he was getting lit up about 1 second after the snap as well. Still, even with that and the 4 sacks I'd say they handled it well enough based on his stats.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Rex Ryan is a good coach. Not sure how anyone thinks otherwise

1. Because his team has gotten worse with each passing year
2. He's opened his mouth far too many times and it causes him to lose credibility. (coach who cried superbowl)
3. He's hot and cold on his support of the locker room
a. benching sanchez then out for dinner the next day incident
b. "if I had the chargers team I would've won a superbowl" - The 2 biggest offenders IMO.
4. He's the coach of one of the luckier teams I've ever watched, narrowly avoiding a locker room collapse with each passing week.

If the jets lose the next 2 games I think that'll be the nail in the coffin for this locker room.

Game of Thrones and Football in one thread? I never have to go anywhere else on GAF now.

I'm reading book 4, and while I heard it sucked, I like it alot thus far.

Gigglepoo

Ryan has made some pretty dumb mistakes, but the dearth of talent is not on him. The team has been worse each year partly because the players just aren't as good. Their skill positions are probably the worst in the league.

I'm reading book 4, and while I heard it sucked, I like it alot thus far.

It only sucks compared to book 3. They're all great.

LJ11

It's usually the two ILB right next to the nose. When they get real aggressive Wilson or an OLB will come right behind them. I just don't see how it gets blocked. Phins sure didn't do it consistently. They'd just slow them down and Tannehill would scramble and throw it. But he took a ton of sacks as well

Props to IgglesBlog for the write up, pretty in depth and worth a read.

6a00d8341c248053ef017d3c53a585970c-450wi

6a00d8341c248053ef017c32259970970b-450wi

6a00d8341c248053ef017c3225ab99970b-450wi

Only examples I could find, center uncovered. 2 Man line just like the Jets/Rex/Ravens.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I just read the synopsis for ADWD because of this thread.

I've had the book sitting on my shelf since the day it was released but never got around to reading it.

I'm kind of glad I just read the synopsis instead. It sounds like the story was only marginally advanced compared to previous books. I'm hoping that the last two books will get back to the form of the first three.

squicken

Both of his picks came from him throwing while he was getting lit up about 1 second after the snap as well. Still, even with that and the 4 sacks I'd say they handled it well enough based on his stats.

I actually thought he played very well from what I've seen on Rewind. He's very athletic and strong. Sidesteps pressure and escapes arm tacklers.

Miami would use it's backs to try and pick up blitzers, and when they did, Hartline kind of takes it to Peterson. Gay got picked on quite a bit. But he's still got the same problem he had at A&M where he's just a little careless. Sort of the opposite of Alex. He will throw into tight coverage and will throw deep

But his athleticism is what saves him vs AZ. Bradford doesn't have that and Rams C and OG are bad. And STL already has to keep their TEs in to help the OTs. Bring them in to help on inside blitzes and it will just be Acho feasting

edit: thx for the link LJ

Oh to have never read the books.....
I know your hate for Martin knows no bounds but the show is half of what the books are.

It's like they removed all the context and subtext and just made it into a shitty medieval drama.
A shitty medieval drama that I'll still watch every week.

=(

I actually thought he played very well from what I've seen on Rewind. He's very athletic and strong. Sidesteps pressure and escapes arm tacklers.

Miami would use it's backs to try and pick up blitzers, and when they did, Hartline kind of takes it to Peterson. Gay got picked on quite a bit. But he's still got the same problem he had at A&M where he's just a little careless. Sort of the opposite of Alex. He will throw into tight coverage and will throw deep
He did play very well, it was definitely his best game so far. He's had 6 INTs this year (I think) but 2 of them were tipped by Wattgod at the LoS, 1 should have been caught by his WR on a slant (Naanee lol), 1 was from the Cards game where Hartline slipped on a quick curl, and the other one in the Cards game came on a wobbly ball as a result of him getting hit by an untouched blitzer coming right up the gut. I'm not saying he isn't to blame for any of that or anything crazy like that, but my point is that his INTs haven't been the "I'm just going to Romo this thing downfield and hope for the best" variety. He hasn't looked panicky, and that's very encouraging to me as a fan. Not only that, he's gotten better and better at making reads and making smart throws as the season has gone on.

The only really stupid INT he's thrown was the pick 6 against the Jets.

squicken

He did play very well, it was definitely his best game so far. He's had 6 INTs this year (I think) but 2 of them were tipped by Wattgod at the LoS, 1 should have been caught by his WR on a slant (Naanee lol), 1 was from the Cards game where Hartline slipped on a quick curl, and the other one in the Cards game came on a wobbly ball as a result of him getting hit by an untouched blitzer coming right up the gut. I'm not saying he isn't to blame for any of that or anything crazy like that, but my point is that his INTs haven't been the "I'm just going to Romo this thing downfield and hope for the best" variety. He hasn't looked panicky, and that's very encouraging to me as a fan. Not only that, he's gotten better and better at making reads and making smart throws as the season has gone on.

The only really stupid INT he's thrown was the pick 6 against the Jets.

Matt Moore has never played a game as well as Tannehill did vs AZ. Another Barnwell miss.

It's kind of funny that AZ decided to put Peterson on Hartline and think he could lock him down. Hartline beats him on a couple long passes in the first half, although Peterson is usually close enough to contest

eznark

Banned
I know your hate for Martin knows no bounds but the show is half of what the books are.

It's like they removed all the context and subtext and just made it into a shitty medieval drama.
A shitty medieval drama that I'll still watch every week.

=(

The books are shitty medieval drama with the prose of a 12 year old. I like that HBO dropped the second part.

Phins fans rejoice, you've cut Legapoo Nono(nonononono)!
THANK ALL THAT IS GOOD

Matt Moore has never played a game as well as Tannehill did vs AZ. Another Barnwell miss.

It's kind of funny that AZ decided to put Peterson on Hartline and think he could lock him down. Hartline beats him on a couple long passes in the first half, although Peterson is usually close enough to contest
It kind of makes me wonder, how good could Hartline be as a slot guy on a team with an elite QB? Remember how terrible Welker was on the Dolphins?

The books are shitty medieval drama with the prose of a 12 year old. I like that HBO dropped the second part.
Eh, fair.

But call me Mohammad, I like to know a little about the 9-year old that's on screen for 40 minutes before we get a little more intimate.

No character development on that shitty medieval drama. :\

cajunator

Banned
If Darkside or caj lose an avatar bet do they get hot girl avatars?

If only it were that easy. Not that I would refuse such an avatar but I highly doubt that would be the result of an avatar bet.

A bunch of members over at ChiefsPlanet got together and are having a banner flown at Arrowhead this Sunday. The fly over banner will read "WE DESERVE BETTER! FIRE PIOLI - BENCH CASSEL"

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...tadium/11860204?linksrc=home_rg_head_11860204

https://www.facebook.com/SaveOurChiefs

God... we're the fucking Browns..

No. you beat my Saints. how bad can you really be?

I don't even think its a crazy idea.

1. Jets don't care about cancers in the locker room. They already have Tebow, Cro, and Holmes.

2. Plaxico was decent for them last year. What did he have 6-7 TDs? They could use him.

3. Chad was already looking to prove himself after last season and now has so much to prove if he ever wants to play in this league again.

Do it Woody!

Tebow aint a cancer. He's pretty much exact opposite. Except he sucks as a QB.

That's my coach ;_;

Greg

It's swords and dragons on HBO, so I'm sold.

Just like I watch Treme because it's homeless people and music on HBO.

Bowser

To further highlight the complete coaching meltdown in the Falcons game:

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017c3247a8cf970b-400wi

Eight men in the box against a team on their 1-yd line, no timeouts and :59 to get into FG range.

EIGHT FUCKING MEN!

And the only thing the secondary had to do was keep the only two receivers that were sent deep in front of them. Well...

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017ee3eb54dd970d-400wi

Both fucking receivers got behind the secondary. Both.

Seriously, why do you send eight men? Why not rush 3 or 4 and keep everyone else back? WTF kind of dumbass coaching is that?

Gahhhhhhh

Top Bottom