• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

To further highlight the complete coaching meltdown in the Falcons game:

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017c3247a8cf970b-400wi

Eight men in the box against a team on their 1-yd line, no timeouts and :59 to get into FG range.

EIGHT FUCKING MEN!

And the only thing the secondary had to do was keep the only two receivers that were sent deep in front of them. Well...

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017ee3eb54dd970d-400wi

Both fucking receivers got behind the secondary. Both.

Seriously, why do you send eight men? Why not rush 3 or 4 and keep everyone else back? WTF kind of dumbass coaching is that?

Gahhhhhhh

Superbowlnewspaperguarantee.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Eight men in the box against a team on their 1-yd line, no timeouts and :59 to get into FG range.

EIGHT FUCKING MEN!

And the only thing the secondary had to do was keep the only two receivers that were sent deep in front of them. Well...

Seriously, why do you send eight men? Why not rush 3 or 4 and keep everyone else back? WTF kind of dumbass coaching is that?

Gahhhhhhh

Matt Ryan did take 7 sacks so it looks like they were playing aggressively by going for the safety. But I don't remember if they sent everyone on the blitz or not, I'm just assuming that's what they did.

Which is ironic since they wimped out on 4th and inches to win the game.

Bowser

Matt Ryan did take 7 sacks so it looks like they were playing aggressively by going for the safety. But I don't remember if they sent everyone on the blitz or not, I'm just assuming that's what they did.

Which is ironic since they wimped out on 4th and inches to win the game.

Not only that, but we sent Chris Gamble on a delayed CB blitz. No shit, we sent our BEST CORNERBACK on a DELAYED blitz.

APjuY.gif

I'm a lurker in the NFL threads, but all of this Game of Thrones talk makes me hope Buckethead cooks up a good GoT parody for one of the NFL week threads. :D

Oh... and BannedEpisode: if Everson Griffen or Harrison Smith hits Hasselbeck directly, just once, he'll likely turn into dust.
I was looking forward to Locker vs. Ponder, but seeing The 'Beck remembering how his legs work and CJ tripping over his own shoelaces should be entertaining enough. Vikebike.

Greg

I'm a lurker in the NFL threads, but all of this Game of Thrones talk makes me hope Buckethead cooks up a good GoT parody for one of the NFL week threads. :D

Oh... and BannedEpisode: if Everson Griffen or Harrison Smith hits Hasselbeck directly, just once, he'll likely turn into dust.
I was looking forward to Locker vs. Ponder, but seeing The 'Beck remembering how his legs work and CJ tripping over his own shoelaces should be entertaining enough. Vikebike.
Post more.

Novid

Banned

Already got the names, and the tribes set up. They just got to go through 4 years of threads for it but it can be done.

Fox318

It's Belichick. How many times did he cut Ross Ventrone last year?

White trash Polomalu isn't very good at football, but I'm pretty sure Bill was either in live with him or thought his Twitter account was really funny, maybe both.

If I had too much money I would buy a Ventrone jersey.

LJ11

He actually threw that last throw to Steve, but it was late, hung and sailed inside so it was ultimately intercepted.

4 throws, 3 of which could go for 7 and about 150 yards of offense. Need to draft a QB asap.

squicken

Bills/Fitz shittyness on display.

Wide open TJ Graham, no one is catching him, balls is under thrown INT

Wide open TJ Graham, no one is catching him, poor location. Fitz Had alright protection.

Misses a wide open Steve Johnson for a big first, 20 yard gain.

Steve Johnson wide open for big yards.

14-21 points left on the field because he can't throw anything over 15 yards.

Good stuff LJ. I wished more people would post this stuff on their teams. It's really not possible to go through every game looking at this stuff, but it gives a good insight to what's going on around the league.

BUF really does have a lot of playmakers. It's crazy that it's all derailed by Fitz, but that the one you can't miss on. Who is the backup?

Crisco

Banned

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017c3247a8cf970b-400wi

EIGHT FUCKING MEN!

6a00d8341c02fd53ef017ee3eb54dd970d-400wi

Gahhhhhhh

In fairness, before this season, the chances of Matt Ryan completing a pass >5 yards were pretty slim.

LJ11

Good stuff LJ. I wished more people would post this stuff on their teams. It's really not possible to go through every game looking at this stuff, but it gives a good insight to what's going on around the league.

BUF really does have a lot of playmakers. It's crazy that it's all derailed by Fitz, but that the one you can't miss on. Who is the backup?

Gailey's a pretty good OC, he frees these guys up, really attacks and counters with the same formation. Just look at that first TD to Chandler. Showed that stack look every week, little wr screen here, a slant there, get those safeties cheating and then hit em over the top.

Need a QB and another WR who can beat press consistently. Gailey's offensive X and Os are good, he gets it done with very little, but that's where it ends. Too loyal, a bit arrogant - thinks he can scheme around glaring weaknesses, don't think he manages and motivates the team well, we're still soft as ice cream, and it will ultimately cost him his job. Good OC though.

Fox318

I feel like the Jets Facebook posts are just there to troll the fans.

Seriously?

Offensive line play.

The play of the offense is built on either the front 5 or the man behind center. The years where the jets were good their oline dominated the other team and created holes for aging and shitty backs.

Who chose Bowser's avatar? Should have used the hello kitty from the OP! Is it too late to change it?

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO If Brees can repeat last week's performance. Rivers can't hang.

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ

LJ11

@ ProFootballFocus Throwing at Vontae Davis is giving QBs a 155.4 QB rating through 4 games. Worst mark in the league

Still crying about Vontae Dolphins fans? I know I'm disappointed that he's out of the division.

Top Bottom