• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Do you admit that the cards are frauds now?!

If you mean in our early wins, hell no. Those were all legit and we were for real. Going forth is more concerning. We have a tough stretch soon and the injuries keep mounting up. Still take issue with some of the play calling as well. I hate using injuries as any sort of excuse but we are missing critical pieces and are a much different team when they are on the field. You have to overcome that and spotty play calling and stupid penalties are not the way to do it. Those two consecutive penalties killed a successful drive that surely would have given us points and the win. You can't do that shit when the game is close. The big one was from an idiot backup FB that we've cut multiple times but our starter is out right now. He'll be gone as soon as Sherman is back. Whiz chewed him the fuck out and it was on the arena cam. I think fans enjoyed that since Whiz normally holds it all in with a calm demeanor.

Pretty much every good team is shit this year anyway and I will say the Niners completely grabbing ankles and taking a big one deep went a long ways towards making me feel better :) You guy seem to be as much the Giant's bitch as the Pats. No chance of making the SB if the Giants are in the playoffs haha

pumpkin beer is awesome

hryt7.jpg

Had some pumpkin ale for the first time last weekend, don't remember what brand it was, had it a place called the Mad Moose in Binghamton NY. At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but it kind of grew on me.

Suppose I'll move it here for the new page:

Looks like Juan Castillo could have play calling duties taken away from him and Andy plans to "tear things apart" during the bye week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...id-ready-to-tear-things-apart-in-philadelphia

I love the fact that Castillo is getting the blame to the point where he's losing his job here while Vick continues to hand the other team the ball consistently and Andy keeps hoping and praying that will change.

It doesnt sound like Juan is losing his job, just that they will have someone else calling the plays. Juan only call like a 3rd of the play anyway since he doesnt do anything with the DL or the DBS. He does call blitzes which obviously affects coverages though. After the Steelers game the media complained they dont blitz, after the Lions game they say they blitz to much.

Andy has no choice at all when it comes to Vick. Sadly other teams arent as undisciplined on D as the Giants and so Shady cant just cut back for huge yards all game. He only had 22 yards on Sunday, while Vick was destroying the Lions through the air. To blame the coaches for that loss is insane. The D was missing 2 starters, Cox and Allen, and they couldnt run at all so Vick was forced to keep passing even though he had been hit 20 times and the OL couldnt block at all.

A tad less ABV, but this is my go-to pumpkin beer:

http://beer.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/675/media/images/Smuttynose_Pumpkin_Ale.jpeg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Son, can I see some ID please?

Edit: Wait, or am I confusing Panthers fans again? All you guys look the same dammit!

Wrayfield

Should've tried it. I was sceptical too, but it's really not bad. At least the Sam Adams one.

There was one called Norse Legend, almost bought it for the name alone. Had Scandinavian death metal in my head just from looking at the label \m/.

Edit: Will try the pumpkin ale before I leave, which is in three weeks :p.

Greg

Saine on IR.

Smith likely to follow.

:(
probably my bias speaking, but I thought he would've had a lot of potential in a less traditional role

can't go wrong with hands + speed

Oh goodness

OM NOM NOM

There was a microbrew festival here last year (I think this year's version is coming up before the end of the year) that had a peanut butter beer, but I couldn't go because I had to work :(
damn, I've never had peanut butter beer

I love trying new flavors though - the bar right across the street from my house has a craft beer night for 2.50 a bottle, and they're always rotating in new kinds

A tad less ABV, but this is my go-to pumpkin beer:
I need to track some down of that down

Had some pumpkin ale for the first time last weekend, don't remember what brand it was, had it a place called the Mad Moose in Binghamton NY. At first I wasn't sure I liked it, but it kind of grew on me.
I'm a sucker for the pumpkin flavor, so they all grow on me

Gigglepoo

I know right? My girl and I have a general understanding of no weddin during football season. Doesn't hurt that she loves football almost as much as I do.

Ha! Same with me. We're getting married in March so as not to interfere with any important sporting events. That way, no one will be annoyed they have to attend and we avoid any potential problems when anniversaries need to be celebrated down the road.

JABEE

It doesnt sound like Juan is losing his job, just that they will have someone else calling the plays. Juan only call like a 3rd of the play anyway since he doesnt do anything with the DL or the DBS. He does call blitzes which obviously affects coverages though. After the Steelers game the media complained they dont blitz, after the Lions game they say they blitz to much.

Andy has no choice at all when it comes to Vick. Sadly other teams arent as undisciplined on D as the Giants and so Shady cant just cut back for huge yards all game. He only had 22 yards on Sunday, while Vick was destroying the Lions through the air. To blame the coaches for that loss is insane. The D was missing 2 starters, Cox and Allen, and they couldnt run at all so Vick was forced to keep passing even though he had been hit 20 times and the OL couldnt block at all.

You can't blame it all on Shady. That line was getting abused on both sides. They kept going to the outside runs and both sides they tried to run it on were getting men in the backfield. Fairley had an outstanding game. I don't buy the premise that Shady isn't good this season. He's had some great games this season. I think you need to look at both the line and Vick on offense. The defensive line isn't getting much pressure at all when they are double-teaming Babin and the safety play is spotty as hell.

Nnamdi was doing a great job on Calvin Johnson until Allen was taken out of the game and Colt Anderson, a career special teams player, looked lost out there.

Bowser

I have the headshot of Cam.

Bowser has the attractive girl in a Panthers jersey (for now). This time next week, he'll probably have a Dallas star or something of the like :(

I've come around. Panthers going 8-3, finishing 9-7, sneaking into the wild card and WINNIN' DA SUPAH BOWL

Remember October 21, 2012. The start of something special!

probably my bias speaking, but I thought he would've had a lot of potential in a less traditional role

can't go wrong with hands + speed
He's better than Kuhn.

I hope Benson can come back and contribute but really that's a long shot.

Alex Green needs to stay healthy. If Starks gets the ball in anything but garbage time I'll be as hateful as old grandpa Zubaz.

yankeehater said:
It doesnt sound like Juan is losing his job, just that they will have someone else calling the plays.
When a coordinator has all play calling duties taken away, he's no longer a coordinator. i.e. you lost your job. Whether he called half of them or a third. He's essentially a sideline eunuch. I'm not sure what it is you're defending here if this does come to pass.

I just don't see things suddenly turning around for the team if Juan is castrated when 17 offensive turnovers are one of the primary reasons that the Eagles walk a thin line ever week between winning/losing.

Hertog Jan beer is the best Dutch beer. They have some nice different kinds as well although pretty conservative. Their 'Karakter' one is probably one of my favorite beers.

If I'm in the mood I can go for some Jack, with or without coke.

I only drink wine in combination with a good meal, if it fits and the situation is right.

I drink wine primarily. I have a hopppsptttttt wheat allergy so if I have too much beer me no feel goody.

Also it tastes fabulous.

My girlfriend is trying to get me into wine. But she drinks all that dry stuff, and to me, it's like drinking sawdust. I'm fine with something sweeter....but really, just give me a beer.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
^Quoting for those who want to join the new GAF Survival league on Yahoo.

I've never done survival before. From what I understand you just pick one team to win that week if they win you move on and you can't pick them again? If they lose ya shit is done?

When a coordinator has all play calling duties taken away, he's no longer a coordinator. i.e. you lost your job. Whether he called half of them or a third. He's essentially a sideline eunuch. I'm not sure what it is you're defending here if this does come to pass.

I just don't see things suddenly turning around for the team if Juan is castrated when 17 offensive turnovers are one of the primary reasons that the Eagles walk a thin line ever week between winning/losing.
I guess Philbin went from eunuch to head coach. McCarthy calls our offensive plays.

My girlfriend is trying to get me into wine. But she drinks all that dry stuff, and to me, it's like drinking sawdust. I'm fine with something sweeter....but really, just give me a beer.
Fair enough.

But I'd say there's a wine out there for you.
Just need to try a bunch and find what you like.

Depends on the occasion and whether or not I'm drinking for taste or getting drunk.

Johnnie Walker Black is my preferred beverage of choice, 3 fingers worth over 3 ice cubes. Perfect way to start/end a day.
This homie knows what's up.

If you mean in our early wins, hell no. Those were all legit and we were for real. Going forth is more concerning. We have a tough stretch soon and the injuries keep mounting up. Still take issue with some of the play calling as well. I hate using injuries as any sort of excuse but we are missing critical pieces and are a much different team when they are on the field. You have to overcome that and spotty play calling and stupid penalties are not the way to do it. Those two consecutive penalties killed a successful drive that surely would have given us points and the win. You can't do that shit when the game is close. The big one was from an idiot backup FB that we've cut multiple times but our starter is out right now. He'll be gone as soon as Sherman is back. Whiz chewed him the fuck out and it was on the arena cam. I think fans enjoyed that since Whiz normally holds it all in with a calm demeanor.

Pretty much every good team is shit this year anyway and I will say the Niners completely grabbing ankles and taking a big one deep went a long ways towards making me feel better :) You guy seem to be as much the Giant's bitch as the Pats. No chance of making the SB if the Giants are in the playoffs haha

I'll just cross my fingers that the giants get the 1 seed and get eliminated by a shitty wildcard like the bears or eagles or whoever

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Lions announced RB Jahvid Best will not e permitted to return to play.

Best is done.

TheLegendary said:
I guess Philbin went from eunuch to head coach. McCarthy calls our offensive plays.
Did he ever call your plays and have them taken away? Was he ever put in a position where he was in complete control of the offense and then removed? Just curious. Juan went from the defensive coordinator, to his role being reduced and "some" playcalling being handed to Todd Bowles from what I've read to now the possibility of having no play calling duties at all and being used as a scapegoat for the Eagles problems. Apples to oranges comparison.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jahvid Best not cleared to play. Doesn't look like hes coming back any time soon - if ever.

“After today’s consultation with medical experts, including representatives from our medical and training staffs, it has been determined that Jahvid will not be permitted to return to play at this time,” Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew said.

“Throughout this entire process we always have placed the highest priority on what is best for Jahvid from a health and safety standpoint,” Mayhew continued. “While today’s decision is disappointing from a football perspective, we fully and entirely respect and support this recommendation.

“Jahvid will continue to work with our medial and training staffs with the hope that he ultimately will be cleared to return to the playing field.”

Top Bottom