• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drinking game: take a shot every time Peyton is in a commercial
h1GGV.jpg

Announcers name Archie in some significant way/segway:
isaWM.jpg

eznark

Banned
Where video games and butthurt sports fans intersect:

@BenKvalo: I'll never read another article from you if you're ridiculous enough to say the Bears are the NFL's best team

Ben runs 2K sports.

Gigglepoo

Missed almost all of yesterday's games because of a wedding. Who gets married on a Sunday during football season!? But I digress.

I saw RGIII had the longest QB run since 1996. And I started thinking back... does that mean he beat the great Steve Bono's record? I love how no one is mentioning this. His run might not seem as incredible when you realize he beat some slow dude no one remembers.

cdyhybrid

Your defense gave up 475 yards. If you played in a division with any decent QB your defensive numbers would be far more pedestrian.
:jnc

Aaron Rodgers isn't a decent QB now?

Held the #1 scoring offense to 23 points despite giving them 2 turnovers. Good enough to beat Tammy, anyway.

How can someone with a UW avatar ever make a defense joke?

Our program was built on smother defense and power running. Slick Rick and Tyrone did a masterful job in shitting all over that but we're getting back there. Shut down Stanford, shut down Matt Barkley and his two All-American receivers.

harSon

Banned
Missed almost all of yesterday's games because of a wedding. Who gets married on a Sunday during football season!? But I digress.

I saw RGIII had the longest QB run since 1996. And I started thinking back... does that mean he beat the great Steve Bono's record? I love how no one is mentioning this. His run might not seem as incredible when you realize he beat some slow dude no one remembers.

I recall Kordell Stewart having like an 80+ yarder years ago, so I'm going to assume it's that.

Edit: Yup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlQYIFDJLr8

mkenyon

Banned
Well, during times of peace, I'm not sure patriotism is really necessary. Maybe if it leads to more social coherence/solidarity. And some traditions are both valuable and fun. But I'm not sure patriotism itself has much inherent value.

But I don't think think I need to tell this to anyone in this thread. Most of y'all are anti-Patriots anyway. Traitors.
I'm always grossed out by the insane levels of militarism, nationalism, and overall 'woohoo Empire!' sentiment at football games.

When they do jet flyovers, I imagine what that feels like as a villager in Afghanistan.

Mixing that kind of marketing with a huge crowd of people already in the 'us vs. them' frame of mind is genius and gross at the same time.

Milchjon

I'm always grossed out by the insane levels of militarism, nationalism, and overall 'woohoo Empire!' sentiment at football games.

When they do jet flyovers, I imagine what that feels like as a villager in Afghanistan.

Mixing that kind of marketing with a mindset of a huge crowd of people already in the 'us vs. them' frame of mind is genius and gross at the same time.

I enjoy flyovers as part of the orgasmic audiovisual spectacle that is NFL football. I like it for the same reason I like Michael Bay movies, it appeals to my most basic entertainment instincts.

Bells > Founder's, homie.

Two-Hearted Ale and Hopslam. I'm about dem hop life.

Do you live in Michigan? I understand the hopslam love, but c'mon. Everything Founders puts out Is above the level of what Bells produces. Oberon and Hopslam are the only things that can compete. A Solid Gold, Breakfast Stout, Devil Dancer, Dirty Bastard, or Founders IPA from tap is enough to put anyone in a good mood. EZ would have a lovely chat with a person of African American descent after one of those beers and think nothing of it

bionic77

A great running back really makes a qb's life so much easier.

One of the main reasons that BLarry thinks that Flacco is a fraud (though in reality he is a hero) is how much he benefits from Rice, who carries the offense and opens up their entire passing game.

This is even more hilarious when you see how poorly Reid and the Eagles use shady. The answer to their problems with turnovers is in the backfield doing a poor job at blitz protection, but Reid refuses to use a running game, perhaps thinking it had something to do with his late son's death?

Ok that was shitty and too soon, but it is hilarious how stubborn he is about doing things his way regardless of what the personnel on the team is.

Top Bottom