• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Godslay

Banned
They should just play all of his commercials tonight. Air the old NFL Fever ad.

Peyton had it right so long ago, "Our defense is offensive."

Pats ran 80+ plays again, and only scored 23 points on 475 yards? That doesn't seem very efficient.

Milchjon, you lied to me...

iK9KkXAipcpFL.jpg

Suppose I'll move it here for the new page:

Looks like Juan Castillo could have play calling duties taken away from him and Andy plans to "tear things apart" during the bye week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...id-ready-to-tear-things-apart-in-philadelphia

Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo will continue to make the calls in Philly.

At this moment.

For now.
Rap Sheet Rundown: Rodgers' rise
Ian Rapoport assesses Week 6's big developments, including Aaron Rodgers' fantastic performance on Sunday night. More ...

Until things change.

Castillo is facing heavy criticism, again, after the Detroit Lions rallied with 10 points in the final five minutes to force overtime and an eventual 26-23 win. Coach Andy Reid was asked if Castillo will be in charge of defensive calls in the future.

"As I'm standing here right now," Reid said at his press conference, the Philadelphia Daily News reported.

Not exactly a this-is-my-guy proclamation.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha accused Castillo of abandoning the coverage scheme and relying on the blitz in the fourth quarter to allow the comeback. The Lions scored 20 points in the fourth quarter and overtime after just six in the previous 45 minutes. Reid was adamant that Asomugha was wrong.

I love the fact that Castillo is getting the blame to the point where he's losing his job here while Vick continues to hand the other team the ball consistently and Andy keeps hoping and praying that will change.

Milchjon

Do you live in Michigan? I understand the hopslam love, but c'mon. Everything Founders puts out Is above the level of what Bells produces. Oberon and Hopslam are the only things that can compete. A Solid Gold, Breakfast Stout, Devil Dancer, Dirty Bastard, or Founders IPA from tap is enough to put anyone in a good mood. EZ would have a lovely chat with a person of African American descent after one of those beers and think nothing of it

American beer surprised me. German beer is great, but there's less variation and creativity, because we take it too seriously.

American (micro-) brewers seem to have more fun with it. And while they're sometimes less hoppy than I personally like, there are some interesting results. Like the Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, which almost tastes like a shandy/Radler while having 5.8% vol.

Great job, America.

Tom Penny

I love the fact that Castillo is getting the blame to the point where he's losing his job here while Vick continues to hand the other team the ball consistently and Andy keeps hoping and praying that will change.

Vick is an elite QB. What has Castillo ever done in the NFL?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Missed almost all of yesterday's games because of a wedding. Who gets married on a Sunday during football season!? But I digress.
I know right? My girl and I have a general understanding of no weddin during football season. Doesn't hurt that she loves football almost as much as I do.

Rorschach

The only logical explanation that Castillo was even kept on board for this year is that Reid needed a scape goat for the mid season.

Tom Penny said:
Vick is an elite QB.
In the past two seasons, the only thing he's been elite at is turning the ball over.

Rorscach said:
The only logical explanation that Castillo was even kept on board for this year is that Reid needed a scape goat for the mid season.
Sure, well he definitely got that. Though if you can continue to give your opponent a short field thanks to the ball being given away, it puts a tough expectation on the defense and skews the view of how poorly they are supposedly playing. I would agree the Eagles defense is under performing considering the talent level on the team but at some point Andy can't keep ignoring his QB's poor level of play and his own play calling if you're truly coaching for you job.

Castillo isn't the answer at defensive coordinator but it's laughable to put it all on his shoulders as well.

Milchjon

Pats ran 80+ plays again, and only scored 23 points on 475 yards? That doesn't seem very efficient.

Milchjon, you lied to me...

iK9KkXAipcpFL.jpg

Haha, I actually saw that in the freezer aisle when it happened.

And trust me, Germans know nothing about the "blacks love fried chicken" stereotype. I laughed pretty hard at it because I thought of GAF, but others only thought it was kinda disrespectful and idiotic to try to cash in on the Obama hype in 2008.

Germany (well, pretty much the whole world) loves Obama much more than the US does. In fact, Germans dislike Romney so strongly, Merkel had to decline his wish to visit her because she feared bad PR. 87 % prefer Obama, only 5 % Romney.

What I'm trying to say is, it's an unfortunate coincidence that a black man's name ended up on fried chicken, but the meaning of this is lost on Germans.

jakncoke

Banned

And trust me, Germans know nothing about the "blacks love fried chicken" stereotype. I laughed pretty hard at it because I thought of GAF, but others only thought it was kinda disrespectful and idiotic to try to cash in on the Obama hype in 2008.

Germany (well, pretty much the whole world) loves Obama much more than the US does. In fact, Germans dislike Romney so strongly, Merkel had to decline his wish to visit her because she feared bad PR. 87 % prefer Obama, only 5 % Romney.

What I'm trying to say is, it's an unfortunate coincidence that a black man's name ended up on fried chicken, but the meaning of this is lost on Germans.

I still :me at the obama headed dildo

What happened to Dowling? Dude fell off the face of the planet

He has played some, but not much. He must be doing something wrong off the field or at practice, because when he plays he does pretty well. I find it hard to believe he outplays both Arrington/Moore. Dennard looked pretty good again yesterday.

I also don't understand why they are using Chung like this, he is too slow to play like a real FS. Last year during the Chargers and Dolphins game he was always close to the box, bumping Gates/Fasano at the line and shutting them down. That's his game, not roaming the middle of the field. The corners never get any proper safety help anymore. Wilson looked okay, but is still a rookie and had no business letting Rice get away from him on that last play. Might look at some all-22 footage for the first time to see what is going on back there.

6 trips to the redzone, resulted in 1 TD. Offense was pretty bad overall. No balance whatsoever. Brady almost threw it 60 times yesterday. That makes no sense to me. Plus they seemed to know that the D was horrible, so they took all day on their drives. No 'No. Huddle' whatsoever.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
This NFL week isn't even over yet and I am so excited for Jets/Pats coming up.

Cro has been playing great the last two games, yea he had some penalties yesterday but it was because of playing physical and not for playing stupid.

Should be a good one.

cdyhybrid

He was a Husky.

I know. I commented on it when it first broke. Weird because he never had any trouble in college that I can remember. He deserves whatever is coming his way, though. Terrible behavior. Hopefully he learns his lesson and manages to turn his life around, because I don't think he'll have to worry about his pro career anymore.

crpav

So are the Giants just that good(well I think so) or are the Niners really just not as good as I was hoping? Oh and Alex Smith being Alex Smith...

Wrayfield

American beer surprised me. German beer is great, but there's less variation and creativity, because we take it too seriously.

American (micro-) brewers seem to have more fun with it. And while they're sometimes less hoppy than I personally like, there are some interesting results. Like the Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, which almost tastes like a shandy/Radler while having 5.8% vol.

Great job, America.

Yeah, many choices. I was offered a pumpkin beer yesterday (declined). Must say, lotsa interesting American stuff and some really good Irish imports I miss in continental Europe.

jakncoke

Banned
I know. I commented on it when it first broke. Weird because he never had any trouble in college that I can remember. He deserves whatever is coming his way, though. Terrible behavior. Hopefully he learns his lesson and manages to turn his life around, because I don't think he'll have to worry about his pro career anymore.

I seen that post and knew that name sound familiar but i think i was busy trolling white trash pond scum at the time to do a follow up

Yeah, many choices. I was offered a pumpkin beer yesterday (declined). Must say, lotsa interesting American stuff and some really good Irish imports I miss in continental Europe.

pumpkin ale is awesome!

Milchjon

Should've tried it. I was sceptical too, but it's really not bad. At least the Sam Adams one.

This NFL week isn't even over yet and I am so excited for Jets/Pats coming up.

Cro has been playing great the last two games, yea he had some penalties yesterday but it was because of playing physical and not for playing stupid.

Should be a good one.

I'm so worried about that game. Lose that and you guys are at 3-0 in the division and we are below .500 once again.

Why would you decline that? Sounds like something I would like to try. Bring me one together with my Mallett jersey.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
WTF at that Bono TD.

I assume he probably NEVER left the pocket under any circumstance. It's the only way I can think of there being absolutely zero secondary once he rolled out.

Godslay

Banned

It's funny more than anything.

As far as Romney is concerned, I won't comment on Romney in this thread.

cdyhybrid

I seen that post and knew that name sound familiar but i think i was busy trolling white trash pond scum at the time to do a follow up

What's the word on it over there? I assume the Rooneys are going to boot his ass out the door before you can blink once they get the full report on it.

crpav said:
So are the Giants just that good(well I think so) or are the Niners really just not as good as I was hoping? Oh and Alex Smith being Alex Smith...
Every team is flawed in one way or another. Some match-ups are going to expose another teams weakness on a give week. It's week 6. I wouldn't put much stock in anything right now.

jakncoke

Banned
What's the word on it over there? I assume the Rooneys are going to boot his ass out the door before you can blink once they get the full report on it.

Depends on how much he's show so far, if they like what they seen, i can see them letting him off with a suspension or something. We're shady like that

Spinluck

A lot of teams were shitty yesterday, even some of the teams that won were shitty.

At least none of them were shittier than the Thursday Night Football theme song.

Milchjon

Dutch should just let some chick buy him his damn diner over here in Europe and sell all the delicious American foods and beers over here.

Dutch should just let some chick buy him his damn diner over here in Europe and sell all the delicious American foods and beers over here.

That seems like a great idea. And add a few batting cages to said diner, those things seem like the best thing you can do with your pants on.

Greg wouldn't be allowed anywhere near my Diner/Batting Cage Paradise, though.

Top Bottom