• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

jmdajr

People say that every year about every trash team in September and October and some bullshit miracle happen every year (coupled with an epic collapse) where they get on a hot streak and get by the smallest of margins.

It might not be the Steelers that are this years trash team, but one team will rise from the steaming midden heap to become this years champion.

I don't know, that only seems to happen in the NFC.

UberTag

People say that every year about every trash team in September and October and some bullshit miracle happen every year (coupled with an epic collapse) where they get on a hot streak and get by the smallest of margins.

It might not be the Steelers that are this years trash team, but one team will rise from the steaming midden heap to become this years champion.
Just to further prove your point, the Giants last season were once 7-7, having lost 5 of their last 6 games (just barely squeaking out a 3-point win against the Cowboys) and had lost 3 consecutive home games to the Eagles, Packers and Redskins.

We all know how that story ended.

bionic77

Just to further prove your point, the Giants last season were once 7-7, having lost 5 of their last 6 games (just barely squeaking out a 3-point win against the Cowboys) and had lost 3 consecutive home games to the Eagles, Packers and Redskins.

Those who forget history are doomed to cry over it when it repeats!

Dragon

Banned

The Giants are an aberration and should be stricken from history.

Dragon

Banned
You lost to az at home. You can suck the NFC wests dick until you win a game against us.... Which will hopefully be Sunday!

I refuse to think that Arizona game actually happened. But good point. If they lose to the Seachickens I will drown my sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol, followed by a morning of puking while drinking Red Bull and Gatorade.

I refuse to think that Arizona game actually happened. But good point. If they lose to the Seachickens I will drown my sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol, followed by a morning of puking while drinking Red Bull and Gatorade.

Try some Mountain Dew AM from Taco Bell! It's your morning Mountain Dew mixed with delicious orange juice! Two great tastes that taste even better together! Great for washing down those Doritos locos tacos we all love!

cajunator

Banned
In a way, yeah. Some of the more crowded, wooden old parts of cities in the Northeastern US, Providence for instance, also remind me of Scandinavia.

I personally love the style of these houses.

I think the most striking part of visiting the US as a European is that it makes you realize how densely populated Europe is.

The US has so much space.

This is true. My city has 122k people in it yet takes up the space of a typical European city of 500k or more. The sheer amount of flat, wide open real estate with straight roads in the US is staggering.

I'd just like to say I'm very disappointed that I can't get those Doritos tacos up here.

They arent that good.
The volcano tacos are better.

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina

Looks like Hakeem Nicks and Martellus Bennett will be a go this weekend.
iz6JdhzEIGVkd.gif

On the bad news front, it looks like Rocky Bernard will be OUT this weekend. Big blow there. We needed him this week.

bionic77

I don't remember the last time I ate at Taco Bell. That place is rank.

I do remember knowing at least 3 people that claimed to have gotten food poisoning from eating TB while in college. The amazing thing is that two of them continued to eat there once they got better!

In other news, my 19 month old daughter knows about 9 letters (drew her first A a month or so ago). Also tried to teach my son a variety of different sports, but so far he seems to be inclined towards soccer. I wasn't going to let him play football anyways but I was hoping he would learn a real man's sport, like basketball!

ZZMitch

Why no football?

I do remember knowing at least 3 people that claimed to have gotten food poisoning from eating TB while in college. The amazing thing is that two of them continued to eat there once they got better!

In other news, my 19 month old daughter knows about 9 letters (drew her first A a month or so ago). Also tried to teach my son a variety of different sports, but so far he seems to be inclined towards soccer. I wasn't going to let him play football anyways but I was hoping he would learn a real man's sport, like basketball!

You're wondering why college student would continue to do something that might make them get sick or vomit? Hmm.

And show your son some Jordan highlights. That should put him on track.

Greg

teach him the art of flop and he'll excel in both

Milchjon

Your daugher takes after her mother, I assume?

Mrbob

It's the NFL blob, Goodell's dream is here. Every team is in the blob, with some teams rising to the top, and others falling to the bottom, but they are all stuck together. Who knows which team will rise next!

Soccer is quite fun to play. Why wouldn't you let him play football? Concussions and stuff?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So seems it's official that Josh Cooper will be put on the active roster.

Also let's not forget that Sunday will mark the birthday of Brandon Weeden. Optimism is high for me right now...

bionic77

Why no football?
Concussions and overall high risk of injury.

It isn't like my son is going to be a pro athlete anyways (the odds are so minute), and honestly if he was going to be one you make a lot more money playing basketball and live a lot longer as well.

I love watching football but I would never push my kids into playing it. You are better off studying you ass off. So many people get fucked up for life just playing high school football. Sure you get laid A LOT, but a lot of those guys regret it later on in life. They regret the injuries and honestly if you are a teenage boy with an easy access to pussy that is all you will be able to focus on, and you can't put that shit on your resume when you are 30 and expect it to translate.
And show your son some Jordan highlights. That should put him on track.
You make me sick.

Your daugher takes after her mother, I assume?
In looks I sure hope so!

Milchjon

You gotta save your son from soccer, though. Soccer players are pretty much exactly like your imaginary version of Tom Brady.

Maybe a slippery slope argument will help: Let him play soccer -> He'll become European in spirit -> Patriots fan guaranteed.

Don't let him play soccer.

You gotta save your son from soccer, though. Soccer players are pretty much exactly like your imaginary version of Tom Brady.

Maybe a slippery slope argument will help: Let him play soccer -> He'll become European in spirit -> Patriots fan guaranteed.

You really don't like soccer huh?

bionic77

I doubt he will become a Pats fan, but by the time he will get into football (assuming it is not banned or turned into touch football) I assume that Brady will have retired and Bill will have been fired.

Once those guys are gone I won't hate the Pats anymore. Or at least not as much.

Giants injury report for the weekend:

OUT -- DT Rocky Bernard (quad), RB Andre Brown (concussion), S Kenny Phillips (knee)

QUESTIONABLE -- WR Hakeem Nicks (knee), CB Corey Webster (hamstring/hand), T David Diehl (knee)

PROBABLE -- TE Martellus Bennett (knee), CB Jayron Hosley (hamstring), LB Chase Blackburn (hip), LB Keith Rivers (hamstring), LB Michael Boley (hip), WR Ramses Barden (concussion), S Antrel Rolle (knee).

The cross country trip will be a big question mark for Hakeem. That type of trip is not a good thing for someone with joint/knee swelling. If the trip goes well, he'll play.

bionic77

Mallett and McDaniels will make them hate you once again.
I don't know anything about Mallett but no one can deny that McDaniels is a great man. Perhaps he is the man who can save the soul of the Pats.

I will always love him though because he got rid of all of the Broncos talent to bring in Tebow. We laughed at him at first but in the end it turned out to be the greatest thing to ever happen to that franchise and perhaps the world.

Changing gears, Steelers fans how do you think we should approach the draft this year? We have enough young guns on the line that we should not get any more lineman. We need a running back but unless we find someone good in the 4th or 5th round, should just skip that one for another year.

Biggest needs are for the defensive line and linebacker. No idea if Hood is going to amount to anything, but he is looking more and more like a bust. I think we need to get some beastly linebackers first. Foote and Farrior need to go. After we fill that we need to go after some good lineman. On the edges before a NT. I think we have too many holes to worry about secondary this year as well.

Ugh, ESPN has an article about Tannehill's "star potential"? The Dolphins are so screwed...

I'm predicting 2 picks and a lost fumble this week in a not so glorious crash back to reality.

AND James Walker wrote an article titled, "Time to raise expectations for Dolphins"? I don't like this... I don't like this one bit.

Top Bottom