• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Don't know if this was posted:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

According to league office, no fine will be imposed on Vikings S Harrison Smith for contact with official.

I know it was mentioned he wouldn't be suspended already. Kind of surprised he wasn't fined considering he was ejected, no?

Don't worry guys, Chris Clemons is going to end this silly Patriot thing by breaking one of Brady's nails on Sunday. Brady will miss two seasons to recover and retire shortly after returning in 2014 and throwing 10 picks in the first three games.

I'm a little scared by your secondary. The beastly players you guys have there and their ability to play press so well is kinda intimidating.

Rumor has it thought that Hernandez might return, so that might help. Gonna be a lot of Welker as well probably

We were down to our 5 worst lineman last night and lost in large part to a fluke special teams play, but only bitches whine about that shit because when you are the better team you can't let the game be that close so that it comes down to dumb chance like that.

Man the fuck up and admit that your team lost to a team that was garbage in the regular season and that Steelers are likely to follow the same formula this year.

Come to grips with it and beat your gf/wife/husband/bf and take it out that way or cry it the fuck out the way real men do after a horrible loss to an inferior team.

I accept that Kyle Williams and the worst "forward momentum stopped" call in NFL history stripped us of our 6th trophy!

cdyhybrid

I'm a little scared by your secondary. The beastly players you guys have there and their ability to play press so well is kinda intimidating.

Rumor has it thought that Hernandez might return, so that might help. Gonna be a lot of Welker as well probably

Your WRs won't do anything. Welker in the slot and the TEs will decide this game. I doubt you guys will have much success running either. The Pats are averaging a lot of yards but they run a LOT of plays. They said on the radio the Pats took 97 snaps on offense last week, or something like that. That is fucking ridiculous.

I imagine we'll be rushing 3 or 4 most of the game and dropping 7 or 8 guys. Brady kills you if you blitz him.

JCizzle

You don't have Eli on your team, you would have lost the Super Bowl to California their favorite son, Tom Brady.

Tommy would have thrown the game for his favorite team. After the Pats lost, he would have ripped off his jersey to reveal the Montana one underneath and demanded a trade to the Niners on the spot.

bionic77

I accept that Kyle Williams and the worst "forward momentum stopped" call in NFL history stripped us of our 6th trophy!
You still don't get it.

Your team last year and possibly this year was just too good to win a Superbowl.

For good teams the best you can hope for is to be number 1 in the power rankings, break a few records, and maybe get a defensive player of the year or MVP.

The Superbowl really doesn't belong to a team that is as loaded as the Niners.

Take solace in your 13 wins and division title though, because that is all the NFL will ever let you have. Now maybe if you have a garbage offensive line and a defense that ranks among the worst in the league and a penchant for losing to shit teams, yeah then maybe I give you a shot. But SB teams don't beat garbage teams like Buffalo and the Jets by 80 points. That just isn't the way it works anymore FMT. Superbowl teams LOSE to those teams and then beat teams like yours in the playoffs.

Stop living in the early 90s when the Niners were still good and Alyssa Milano was hot. Its time for you to face reality.

This is our league now. The league of garbage teams like the Giants, Steelers, Packers and maybe Seahawks. Your time has passed. Don't make this any harder than it already is.

exarkun

God Bionic, I've missed you.

I know the last few weeks have been hard on you with the steelers sucking ass and everything but please post more often. I need more jokes, and with Eznark's spirit broken from the absolute wreck that is green bay there just haven't been any.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was surprised Cooper didn't make the roster in the first place. It's not like there's any WR depth anyways and having someone who's familiar with Weeden out there should help.

Cooper thrived in the slot and over the middle in college, seems like he'd fit in well there with Gordon on the outside and Trent to dump it off to out of the backfield.

Speaking of which, I'd really like to see Richardson get 20-25 carries on Sunday.

PatShurmur.jpg

I'll be honest I was more enamoured with Travis Benjamin being in the slot but only because I'd seen more of him. I'm interesting to see Josh Cooper in action with all the talk of him being the fave target of Weeden and especially after last week with Norwood having 9 catches from the slot.

But god if Trent doesn't get a healthy amount of carries this Sunday I...I'll just be even more sad than usual.

PatShurmur.jpg

I'll be honest I was more enamoured with Travis Benjamin being in the slot but only because I'd seen more of him. I'm interesting to see Josh Cooper in action with all the talk of him being the fave target of Weeden and especially after last week with Norwood having 9 catches from the slot.

But god if Trent doesn't get a healthy amount of carries this Sunday I...I'll just be even more sad than usual.
image.php

bionic77

God Bionic, I've missed you.

I know the last few weeks have been hard on you with the steelers sucking ass and everything but please post more often. I need more jokes, and with Eznark's spirit broken from the absolute wreck that is green bay there just haven't been any.
Look exarkun, we had some fun times in the past, but I just don't feel that way about you. It definitely isn't you though man, it is me. I am just not into guys I meet on message boards on the internet. There is only one man that I am attracted to, and before you get your hopes up, there is only Tebow on this planet so let it go.

But don't give up. Love finds a way. And even if you ugly as fuck and no one wants to touch you, well I hope you are rich because that works. And if you are poor and ugly well you can always lower your standards and date Pats fan or else just let people throw feces on you. Both methods seem to be pretty effective from what I can tell just from NFL GAF.

JABEE

Much ado about nothing IMO. Press looks for any little thing to stick on Suh. The guy Suh supposedly sideswiped is a "huge Lions fan" but doesn't recognize Suh one, if the not the, most recognizable player on the Lions? And he just wants his car fixed, yet goes crying to the media about it?

Sounds like someone who is ready to jump on a lawsuit at any moment. Suh donates enough to charity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IDtLRvPWfg

In other Lions news Jahvid Best will hopefully be cleared by doctors to start playing again today. Fingers crossed, if he does get cleared, he'll play against the Bears on MNF.

Hit and runs are no big deal in Detroit. He must have thought the car was just an abandoned junker like every other car he passes by. He's not used to people actually owning and driving cars like they do in Portland.

Don't know if this was posted:

I know it was mentioned he wouldn't be suspended already. Kind of surprised he wasn't fined considering he was ejected, no?

Surprised the NFL actually decided on this. They obviously could have just let it go with the fine.
The ref was being overly aggressive with Smith (putting his hands up near his throat/neck) and Smith just swatted him away after being pushed back about 3 yards.

Good to know the ref was held accountable for acting like a dickwad.

Smith admitted he shouldn't have touched the ref, but I'm glad it seems like the NFL looked at the tape and realized the ref more or less instigated Smith's reaction.
Good for Smith, but he needs to be careful. He's an aggressive kid that hits hard and is fiery. This Vikings team needs him. Even though they dumped the fine, I still hope he learned from it.

He said it himself (paraphrase) "I should have just let it go and walked back to celebrate the INT with my team."
Hopefully next time that's exactly what he does to avoid even the chance of another fine, or worse- suspension.

JABEE

Don't worry guys, Chris Clemons is going to end this silly Patriot thing by breaking one of Brady's nails on Sunday. Brady will miss two seasons to recover and retire shortly after returning in 2014 and throwing 10 picks in the first three games.

I can't wait for the new "nail-breaking" clause in the roughing the passer rule.

JABEE

You still don't get it.

Your team last year and possibly this year was just too good to win a Superbowl.

For good teams the best you can hope for is to be number 1 in the power rankings, break a few records, and maybe get a defensive player of the year or MVP.

The Superbowl really doesn't belong to a team that is as loaded as the Niners.

Take solace in your 13 wins and division title though, because that is all the NFL will ever let you have. Now maybe if you have a garbage offensive line and a defense that ranks among the worst in the league and a penchant for losing to shit teams, yeah then maybe I give you a shot. But SB teams don't beat garbage teams like Buffalo and the Jets by 80 points. That just isn't the way it works anymore FMT. Superbowl teams LOSE to those teams and then beat teams like yours in the playoffs.

Stop living in the early 90s when the Niners were still good and Alyssa Milano was hot. Its time for you to face reality.

This is our league now. The league of garbage teams like the Giants, Steelers, Packers and maybe Seahawks. Your time has passed. Don't make this any harder than it already is.

This might be our year!!!

cajunator

Banned
A lot of awesome teams now that have turned to garbage:

-Saints
-Steelers
-Packers

The Saints are still decent, but without the HC its hard to say exactly how good or bad they actually are. Payton made a lot of difference with the little details that Kromer cannot seem to figure out. Steelers just have an aging defense, but the Packers need a better Oline and they will be good.

Talon- said:
Hmm...I might just buy a WiiU.
I'm all preordered and paid up for launch. I wasn't going to originally but ZombieU and the eventual release of Bayonetta 2 pushed me over the edge. I'll no doubt pick up NSMBU off the bat as well.

JABEE said:
This might be our year!!!
Your defense doesn't rank amongst the worst in the league last I checked.:)

Fox318 said:
You honestly believe that an Ubisoft launch game will be good?
Thankfully, I don't buy a system for only one game but yes, it's looking quite good thus far to me.

...and no Red Steel isn't comparable. That looked like garbage from the get-go. (Red Steel 2 wasn't too bad though)

Ænima

The Saints are still decent, but without the HC its hard to say exactly how good or bad they actually are. Payton made a lot of difference with the little details that Kromer cannot seem to figure out. Steelers just have an aging defense, but the Packers need a better Oline and they will be good.
Every bad team could be good if they had better players/coaches. It is easier to just say they are garbage.

Talon

Realistically, all I play on my 360 nowadays are sports games (Fifa and 2K). I'll rent Halo 4 to play through it.

I've been meaning to build a gaming PC and just start playing multiplatform games on there.

Talon- said:
I've been meaning to build a gaming PC and just start playing multiplatform games on there.
Might be a better way to go in terms of where to put your dollars if there's nothing specific you want on the WiiU. I do a good majority of my gaming on my PC outside of those console exclusives that interest me.

Top Bottom