• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like a Browns fan right now.

the-wire-bunk-gifjaj8v.gif

You shut your mouth right now.

bionic77

How could you Bionic? We were supposed to be Pennslyvania Bros. (I'm from South Jersey)
Bro's before ho's. Always.

But objectively speaking baseball is the worst sport. Nothing redeemable about it. Thankfully it should be dead in another 30 years when all the old white guys watching it now are dead.

RBH

drewQ.jpg

Q: Plenty of issues have faced the NFL and your team. What are your thoughts about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell?

Drew Brees: "I’d say disappointed with a lot of what’s transpired, especially recently. I’m disappointed with the way that he’s handled the bounty investigation. I don’t feel like the process has been fair at all. I feel like there’s been a lot of biased opinion. I don’t feel it’s been based on facts, or credible information.

Disappointed with the way that the replacement referee situation went down. Really a lack of accountability from the top down. Also, I feel like, in large part, this bounty scandal, so to speak, is a big facade, and a way to cover up the shortcomings of the league, and the commissioner, with regards to player health and safety over the last three years."

Q: Is it a real concern among players that the commissioner has too much power?

Drew Brees: "Yeah, it is. Just the fact that, these unilateral decisions can be made without any kind of oversight, just seems like there’s — and I’m not talking about the decisions that are made when a guy gets a DUI, or when a guy gets a weapons charge, or gets caught making bad decision in that regard. You know, it seems like there’s just this abuse of power in a lot of ways when it comes to things like certainly the bounty allegations and accusations."

Q: You made a special request to the commissioner that Payton, Loomis, and Vitt be allowed to attend your record-breaking game. How did that go down?

Drew Brees: "Here’s the thing – one thing that was so unique about this record is it spans across four seasons. It’s not like it’s just a one season thing – 2009, 10, 11 and now 12. There are so many players and coaches involved in this. Not just guys from this year. There is nobody more instrumental than Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, Joe Vitt. These are guys that brought me to the Saints back in 2006. So it felt very appropriate that they be there. It meant a lot to me that they be there, or at least have the opportunity to be there. I wanted them to know that they were as big a part of this as anybody.

And so, how that went down, I wrote an email to Roger, to Commissioner Goodell, early in the week, requesting that they be there, and requesting the opportunity to see them afterwards to celebrate the historic moment, if and when we were able to accomplish it. He said he’d get back to me. Next thing you know it was a big media thing."
http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/10/12/qa-with-new-orleans-saints-quarterback-drew-brees/

Sanjuro

Bro's before ho's. Always.

But objectively speaking baseball is the worst sport. Nothing redeemable about it. Thankfully it should be dead in another 30 years when all the old white guys watching it now are dead.

When the old white people are dead, we will have a new breed of cooler white people. They will be trendsetters for fashion, music, slang, etc. They will launch baseball and golf into 3000 and beyond.

cajunator

Banned
Brees needs to stop talking

Yes, he does.
Just play football Drew.
Im sick of all the politics and the whole bounty thing. Just accept what happened, move on, and try to play your best because the defense doesnt exist. Thats all we can do at this point.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Bizarre that a sports station is talking about baseball the day after two thrilling playoff series deciding games I mean truly, truly bizarre.

Not a single Tebow segment? No mention of QBR? No power rankings?? My god ESPN, what has happened to you?

never thought i would see the day ez defending ESPN.

lol, talib blaming adderall as well. i guess he was hanging out with the giants in the off-season!

Can't players just get a Adderall scrip cleared with the NFL? Have no idea how they think that go-to excuse will pass the stink test. It's not like having Adderall is embarrassing or comes with a stigma that would make it understandable that you would try to hide it, like Ryan Braun and his herpes meds.

bionic77

Saw the trailer for Django. Looks great. I bet the idea of the movie is making Packer fans a little uncomfortable though. Probably wont play well in Sconi country.

Dragon

Banned
If Belicheat isn't an absolute fraud, Wilson will not look glorious. His passer rating when not blitzed is 99 (compared to Brady's 98 when not blitzed) but it drops to like 33 when blitzed.

If we're talking about passer ratings then Tony Romo is one of the best QBs of all time.

Passer ratings are meaningless. Wilson sucks and has no WRs.

Top Bottom