• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

RBH

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers failed to sell the number of tickets required to lift the local TV blackout for Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs, meaning the game will not be televised in the Tampa area.

The Bucs, who once boasted a season-ticket waiting list of more than 100,000 fans, have now failed to sell out each of their three home games this year and 16 of their last 18 home games at 65,908-seat Raymond James Stadium.

The three failed sellouts this season come in the wake of a busy offseason in which the Bucs took several steps to draw fans back to Raymond James Stadium, which sold out just two of the seven Bucs games it hosted in 2011.

After struggling through a 4-12 season that ended with a 10-game losing streak last year, the Bucs fired coach Raheem Morris and replaced him with Greg Schiano, the former coach at Rutgers University.

Schiano has made it a goal of his to change the culture of the organization, which has reached out directly to its ticket-buying public in an effort to draw old fans as well as new ones.

The Bucs this past offseason reduced the prices on 80-percent of their tickets, introduced a half-season ticket plan and incorporated a 12-month payment option for season-ticket buyers.

The Bucs were also the first NFL team to adopt the league's new 85-percent rule, which allows clubs to declare a sellout and lift the local TV blackout if 85-percent of all non-premium seats are sold 72 hours before kickoff.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/bucs/2012/oct/11/bucs-chiefs-game-will-be-blacked-out-ar-529721/

smh @ the comments section

cajunator

Banned
What's with florida teams and having such flakes for fans? First Jacksonville and now Tampa Bay.

I guess its because of the beaches. but then again, its fall and the weather down in the south here, even in florida, is starting to cool off a bit. I think more of it has to do with the demographics of florida. there are a lot of pass throughs, out of state retirees, and noncommittal fans who live there so its hard to draw a consistent crowd.

What's with florida teams and having such flakes for fans? First Jacksonville and now Tampa Bay.
It's a combination of fair weather fans that only show up when the team is good, a shit economy, people that live there that are fans of other teams, and old fans that got sick of the cheap owners, basically.

jbug617

Banned
I guess its because of the beaches. but then again, its fall and the weather down in the south here, even in florida, is starting to cool off a bit. I think more of it has to do with the demographics of florida. there are a lot of pass throughs, out of state retirees, and noncommittal fans who live there so its hard to draw a consistent crowd.

I think that there are more college fans rather than nfl fans in the south. It's just the football they prefer.

eznark

Banned
iS9oPgcNwt0Fo.gif

KaYotiX

Banned
Hope the Tigers go all the way, only team left in the playoffs that i dont hate :p

Also like Verlander and Fielder, wish he could of stayed in Milwaukee :(

squicken

I need for the Cardinals to not win. Your team is broken, old and fucked. Go Detroit.

Look at it like this. If the Cards win it diminishes the legacy of both LaRussa and Puljos. Especially LaRussa. All that crap about him being worth two or three wins a years and pushing the right and stealing games in the playoffs goes out the window. Ron Washington throws games away to managers good and bad

Rorschach

I like him at left end and it's not like he's gonna take the starting spot from Seymour or Kelly at DT. When they drafted him, I knew they would move him to left end. Last year he was always "almost there"... this year, he's nowhere to be seen most of the time.

bigosc2k

Banned
Eeally late doing this

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU
DEN @ SD

Dre3001

It's a combination of fair weather fans that only show up when the team is good, a shit economy, people that live there that are fans of other teams, and old fans that got sick of the cheap owners, basically.

Pretty much nailed it

Florida is full of people who moved here from other states due to weather,cost of living, etc.
Therefore they already have teams and have no reason to switch.

The ones who are born and raised in Florida are split between being fair weather fans who only support winners (Jacksonville has more Gator fans then Jaguar fans) or fans sick of cheap owners who dont support team (Glazers with Tampa Bay,Jags and Weaver family).

Kiryu

I expect most of guys pick other team against Seahawks at SEAHAWKS AND 12th Man HOME. They win for our "current" 2012 season record.

eznark

Banned
huh, I like Hito but I think he was the goof who kept changing my tag. They had achieved perfection with Killajew Smith, now it's a bog-standard flyover joke.

cajunator

Banned
I have an inkling of what happened but Im not gonna say much about it. Only that I respected Hito as a mod and he is cool as fuck, you know, for a Seahawks fan.

Top Bottom