• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Offensive line statistics from Football Outsiders for those interested. Includes pass protection stats, percentage of runs behind each lineman and other interesting figures.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Basically proves Allen Barbre is the worst tackle in the league back in 2009.

Well, you have to infer a lot of that information but the fact that Green Bay refused to run it to the left versus the right tells me enough.

Our offensive line is doing about as well this year as they did in 2009 also statistically but I'm more hopeful now than I was then.

etiolate said:
As in, they didn't play their normal game or their normal gameplan. That has little to do with a mean, and more to do with their mental state and their approach to that particular game.
I didn't really get the use of the read option from the Niners in that game (from either Kap or Smith and they both ran it). The one team the Giants really took care of defensively this season up until this point was the Panthers and they completely blew up Newton/Williams on those read option plays. I'm not sure why you would integrate that into your game plan when good power running (which the Niners excel at) has proven to be a weakness for the Giants. The Browns proved that well the week before until that game got out of hand for them...

It's one of the reasons I believe the Giants can have tremendous success against RGIII as long as they remain disciplined (and you know...show up at home). I'm more concerned about the standard zone running scheme Shanny employs. Those cutbacks have been fucking kryptonite for us all season long.

Bowser said:
This just reinforces my feeling that a lot of people overrate Carolina's offensive line. It's actually pretty fucking shitty, and these stats confirm it.
It's amazing what an injury to one man and the reinsertion of Will Beatty has done for the Giants offensive line. Beatty is not getting enough love from Giants fans for the work he's done thus far this season at LT.

Fox318

ur35b.jpg

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

Niners are a bunch of chumps

Alexis has baby hands

SEA at SF

ARI at MIN
DAL at CAR
NO at TB
GB at STL
WAS at NYG (really tempted to pick the Skins because Giants suck at home and RG3, but I can't do it)
BAL at HOU
TEN at BUF
CLE at IND
-----------
NYJ at NE
JAC at OAK
PIT at CIN

DET at CHI

etiolate

Banned
I didn't really get the use of the read option from the Niners in that game. The one team the Giants really took care of defensively this season up until this point was the Panthers and they completely blew up Newton/Williams on those read option plays. I'm not sure why you would integrate that into your game plan when good power running (which the Niners excel at) has proven to be a weakness for the Giants. The Browns proved that well the week before until that game got out of hand for them...

It's one of the reasons I believe the Giants can have tremendous success against RGIII as long as they remain disciplined (and you know...show up at home).

It's amazing what an injury to one man and the reinsertion of Will Beatty has done for the Giants offensive line. Beatty is not getting enough love for the work he's done thus far this season.

It worked well in previous games, but wasn't really working any better vs the Giants or not any better than the power run game. I thought when the Niners came out early with Kendall Hunter that they were really going to use him against the Giants. He has power and speed, so they can mix him in with power game and then switch up to the outside run.

Instead, they kept going back to that read wildcat stuff. It disrupted their own offensive flow more than it disrupted the Giants. The Giants are a well coached team. They aren't going to panic because Kaepernick comes into the game. It's a pretty limited and obvious playbook when he comes in.

Gray Man

Banned
I see people here are 50-50 on the Bills/Titans game.

I think this game goes to the Bills, for two reasons. CJ Spiller, and the Bills D line. Now Spiller is an obvious one, but for as awful as they did against NE, and San Fran, I think this teams Defense still has the ability to perform, and perform well. They still need to seal up other teams run game, but Matt Hastleback won't have much luck rushing like the Cardinals did.

I'll tell you what though, I think RG3 would destroy the Bills.

squicken

I'm the biggest fucking prophet ever more than Jesus and Mohammed combined

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41265440&postcount=12330

What a sucker. Jags aren't going to be selling shit. The NFL will just fuck them over and send a marquee team every year. Probably SF next year.

8/21 Who is playing the Jags? 49ers. They got a stadium built in CA and are now in the club.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41231552&highlight=london#post41231552

When the Rams were going to do the 3 years thing it came out that they would make significantly more money on the game than at home by going overseas. Probably the same in JAX

What sucks is the NFL will probably send over the Steelers or Giants as the "road" team. The Jags or Rams would never build up an English following simply b/c they'll be matched up against a high profile, quality opponent. Fans aren't going to buy hats and jerseys for the team that comes over every year to lose to the elite organizations. I really thought the Rams got played by the league when their first opponent was the Pats, and I'm glad they got out of the other games

8/20 Who is going to play the Vikes? Steelers.

Got Kraft and York and Rooneys all taken care of. Mara money cashing in soon

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp291/bbtuna/mad-manning-10-15-12.gif[IMG]

Damn, Manning going hard on that ref. Looks like he tells him it's the most horse shit call he has ever seen and that the ref should retire after tonight.[/QUOTE]
Daaaaaaaaaaamn.
:jnc
[quote="Alligatorjandro, post: 43277737"][URL=http://imgur.com/H5wYF][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/H5wYF.gif[/URL]
Stop denying the truth gator!

Fantomex

I'm the biggest fucking prophet ever more than Jesus and Mohammed combined

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41265440&postcount=12330

8/21 Who is playing the Jags? 49ers. They got a stadium built in CA and are now in the club.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41231552&highlight=london#post41231552

8/20 Who is going to play the Vikes? Steelers.

Got Kraft and York and Rooneys all taken care of. Mara money cashing in soon

If you're such a prophet why did you end up rooting for garbage teams? FAIL.

squicken

Didn't we already cash in for the first London game against Miami that first year?:D

Yeah I can't remember who has gone over, but it's such a joke. I was so glad Kroenke at least realized what was going on and backed out. He was a moron to agree to it the first time but at least learned his lesson. Ziggy and Khan I guess like that feel

Kroenke actually used the term "little kids table" when referring to the way the league is run, and the way marquee slots are assigned. The obvious retort is "win", but there are grown ups table teams that always get extra primetime games, no matter how bad they are

If you're such a prophet why did you end up rooting for garbage teams? FAIL.

The world didn't need more Giants/Steelers/Packers/etc fans

Fox318

Yeah I can't remember who has gone over, but it's such a joke. I was so glad Kroenke at least realized what was going on and backed out. He was a moron to agree to it the first time but at least learned his lesson. Ziggy and Khan I guess like that feel

Kroenke actually used the term "little kids table" when referring to the way the league is run, and the way marquee slots are assigned. The obvious retort is "win", but there are grown ups table teams that always get extra primetime games, no matter how bad they are

If what you are saying is true then did Jerrah ever go over?

squicken

If what you are saying is true then did Jerrah ever go over?

I think we learned Jerry's place in the world when he got the salary cap fine, or how the league still holds it against him for the ice storm that messed up the SB there

League destroys tape of Pats cheating, issues small fine. And only b/c it went public. Jerry gets big public admonishment and crippled salary cap for something no one knew about

cdyhybrid

Pop-GAF really shit up that Beyonce Super Bowl Halftime thread in record time. I'm impressed.

Also congrats on coming out as a Jags fan, Gata. You're safe here, don't feel uncomfortable.

Top Bottom