• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Quikies83

7MCT1.gif

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Great feeling to wake up the day after a beatdown of fraud Joe flaclol. Even better that BaltimoreLarry was at the stadium to bear witness.

As I said last week that Packers smackdown was needed to get dem boys re focused. Started feeling themselves a little too much and that beating on the ravens was the perfect response. This was the much bigger game of the two so if a beatdown was going to happen this year I'd rather it be against a Packers team, and not against a squad that has a direct impact on playoff seeding.

Special teams is still a problem though and I think kubes really needs to take a look at the ST coach or something. They are really bad.
I can agree with this assessment. It drives me nuts the pass that marciano gets, local media is like he's a great special teams coach! And he's been with the team since the beginning! Great, special teams have sucked for like 3 years now. 2 years ago it was allegedly because of all the injuries taking special team starters away, what's the excuse now?

The 3-4 was supposed to improve them because you have more linebackers, but that hasn't helped either. At some point its the coach.

Spinluck

I don't remember Oben as part of that trade but Eli has far surpassed any expectations I ever had for him. God I remember that first start against the Ravens in 2004. That was brutal. 0.0 QB rating haha

I remember watching Eli earlier in his career, and I witnessing some of the worst QB play I have EVER seen. I wondered how the fuck does he carry the Manning name? My Tebow, he was just awful. Every time I see him play, I'm still amazed at how far he's come ascending as one of the best in the league, it showed me that any young struggling QB could bounce back. Unless you're Mark Sanchez, then you're just a stagnant fuck.

Fantomex

at 3-3 I'm starting to have hope that the phins end up 9-7. But I know better. That draft pick would suck. I need them to either make the playoffs or start tanking next week. But then again I hear the AFC sucks this year so we might do some damage....nah who am I kidding.

effzee

Ha just saw the two plays Jenkins from the Saints made. Vincent Jackson is a moron for not hustling. Can't believe they came away with 0 points from that whole sequence/drive.

Need about 11 points from Hester tonight to win! Hate bye week depleted teams.

cajunator

Banned
Ha just saw the two plays Jenkins from the Saints made. Vincent Jackson is a moron for not hustling. Can't believe they came away with 0 points from that whole sequence/drive.

Need about 11 points from Hester tonight to win! Hate bye week depleted teams.

That 95 yard run was infuriating to watch because I was 100% sure they were gonna score. Then Jenkins somes burning across the field and there was that whole insane goal line stand and since the Bucs were down by 14 they had to go for it. When Freeman didnt get it I was seriously excited.
Goes to show how a team should never give up on a play no matter how unlikely it might seem. The NFL has some crazy talented players.

effzee

Wife picked the worst game to get me tickets for.

Ugh going to see the Eagles this coming Sunday against the Falcons.

Expect Eagles to lose by 14-17 points.

JABEE

Have faith. The Eagles have had the Falcons number since they drafted Matty Ice.

effzee said:
Eagles win by 10.

You folks constantly underestimate Andy Reid in the regular season. I've watched that Walrus looking bastard do this shit in the regular season far too many times.....

Had you made this prediction for the post season, I would have agreed whole heartedly.

Please be right effzee!

JABEE

Eagles win by 10.

You folks constantly underestimate Andy Reid in the regular season. I've watched that Walrus looking bastard do this shit in the regular season far too many times.....

Had you made this prediction for the post season, I would have agreed whole heartedly.

Please be right effzee!

Andy Reid also has an outstanding record after the bye. I think he has only lost once. Going into the bye is a different story.

Go Eagles.

This is why Bucs fans > Panthers fans. No Bucs fan would ever root for the Eagles against anybody except perhaps the Raiders. And then I would just root for 1 team bus to catch fire and run over the other teams players before exploding. Not even if the Eagles play the Cowboys would I root for them.

mr2xxx

Banned

My friend said that a team who plays at home after a bye has won over 90% of the time, so your GF did you a favor and probably got you tickets to one of the few wins in the Reid era. Not sure if that is true but Reid himself is 10-3 off the bye, so there is that.

cajunator

Banned
This is why Bucs fans > Panthers fans. No Bucs fan would ever root for the Eagles against anybody except perhaps the Raiders. And then I would just root for 1 team bus to catch fire and run over the other teams players before exploding. Not even if the Eagles play the Cowboys would I root for them.

Thats kind of how I feel when the Falcons play the Cowboys.

Oh I hate them too, but fuck the Falcons.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Everything about this game screams a Bears win.

Therefore, Lions will win.

edit: Green Bay PI to drop 50% due to Woodson injury.

The trip was great except for the fucking game on the field! I thought we'd probably lose, but at least make a game of it. But the fans were pretty classy, and the stadium was crazy nice. I was very impressed by Reliant. In Houston, I ate at some nice places, and had a weird meal at a restaurant named Feast, where I had pig brain, kidney pie, tilefish head, and some other stuff.

Yeah, so good trip, if you forget about the game part itself. My biggest takeaway: HOUSTON LOVES JJ WATT SO MUCH.
I should have taken you to some dive bars while you were here.

Worth keeping an eye on for next weeks matchup against the Giants:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4699944/sean-lee-on-crutches-awaiting-mri-results

Linebacker Sean Lee is on crutches because of a sprained toe suffered in the third quarter of Sunday’s win at Carolina, but the Cowboys are not ready to make a decision on his availability for this week’s game against the New York Giants.

Lee had an MRI on Monday and coach Jason Garrett said later in the afternoon the team was still awaiting the results. It is not clear whether Lee has suffered a case of turf toe or not. After the game Sunday, Lee said he would be OK, but he wore his tennis shoes to the bus with a suit.

Top Bottom