• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Talon

I dunno why the announcers are freaking out so bad about SF declining the penalty. They get the ball, can kneel once since Seattle has no timeouts, and go home. Taking the safety still leaves the tiny, tiny chance of recovering an onside kick and freaky shit happening.
An onside kick from a...free kick?
Don't they have to bounce it off the ground before kicking it too?
You can punt or drop kick. Nobody ever drop kicks.

LJ11

Not much of a cut block. Cut block to the midsection?

If you were REALLY going for the cut block, you drive right into the knees. Stupid RG.

Yeah, that shit wasn't a chop block if you ask me, but what the fuck were they doing not doubling Smith from the get go. They had 3 guys on the nose.

Shouta

God, I knew calling them seaturkeys was apt. Dropping passes everywhere and most of them would've put us in good position to score.

Also wtf at declining the penalty. Still up 9!

Drakeon

That elusive onside safety punt.

Well, theorhetically, a kyle williams-esque fumble could happen, seattle scores a td on special teams after a muffed punt, then does an onside kick and gets a hail marry. It's EXTREMELY unlikely, but taking the ball and kneeling leaves nothing to doubt.

Nameless

If only we could play Russell Wilson and a regime of 2nd/3rd WR's every week. I'll take it, but our offense has been shit against good defenses all year.

Fjordson

Ugly win. Aside from that one drive, Alex has been bad the last two weeks. Thank god for Gore carrying us.

Now let's just pray he isn't seriously hurt =[

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well, theorhetically, a kyle williams-esque fumble could happen, seattle scores a td on special teams after a muffed punt, then does an onside kick and gets a hail marry. It's EXTREMELY unlikely, but taking the ball and kneeling leaves nothing to doubt.

I agree.

Call up Heir Goodell.

Harbaugh's clearly dabbling in something shady.
"Harbaugh did nothing wrong."
QZEYq.gif

Talon

You're up by 9 points in that situation. As in two scores. As in, game over with that little time left on the clock.

I dunno why the announcers are freaking out so bad about SF declining the penalty. They get the ball, can kneel once since Seattle has no timeouts, and go home. Taking the safety still leaves the tiny, tiny chance of recovering an onside kick and freaky shit happening.

Stop making sense.

Drakeon

You're up by 9 points in that situation. As in two scores. As in, game over with that little time left on the clock.

Eh, I'm not going to do mental gymnastics to justify it anymore. I don't care, win is a win. If it fucks over the gamblers in the process? That's fine too.

Also, the situation I was talking about would've been 14 points. Not 7. So...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jesus, man. When did you start watching football?

Been playing and watching practically my whole life. I've never seen it called before in high school, college or the NFL so I guess that's why I was surprised. I thought wherever the ball is snapped its halfway to the goaline .

Learned something new.

Nameless

I think part of Harbaugh just wanted to make Carroll and the Seahawks wallow in the throes of defeat for a little while longer by having the measure and two kneel downs.

Just terrible QB play in the NFC West. Both of these teams should think about a QB change in the next couple of weeks since they both still have a chance to win the division. Obviously Harbough doesn't trust Smith at all. Might as well see what Kaepernick can do.

Drakeon

Just terrible QB play in the NFC West. Both of these teams should think about a QB change in the next couple of weeks since they both still have a chance to win the division. Obviously Harbough doesn't trust Smith at all. Might as well see what Kaepernick can do.

You act as if the Cardinals have a great QB. I still say Smith is the best of the 4 in the West. The NFC West wins on its defense (and all but the Cardinals win with a Running Game as well).

Top Bottom