• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

squicken

Cowher to the Browns? I could see the new Browns owner throwing money at him and giving him all the time in the world to rebuild the franchise.

The buzz was always that Cowher wanted the Giants job and was just waiting for Coughlin to get axed. He lives there now that his wife has pased and that was his dream job. Obviously it won't happen any time soon

He did coach at CLE with Schottenheimer and Haslam was part owner during his days in Pittsburgh. It's not crazy but Cowher would probably want more power than Banner or Haslam might want to give

I was pretty upset beginning of the year when I realized he'd be doing this but upon reflection I'm okay with it now.

Whoever ends up taking over will be given ample opportunity to turn this around. For once we'll have everyone sticking around for longer than 2 seasons and building stability.

Definitely. Haslam believes in the Steelers way of drafting and developing and taking the long view. There's no reason to waste a year with Shurmur. Now, Heckert idk. If he had any part in the Vikings trade he has to be fired. If that's on Holmgren then otherwise the Brownies have done okay with the draft recently

Slo

No College Football (I'm pro NFL anyways) for me today. Going to see Boring As Shit Activity 4 with my girlfriend, and then have dinner with all her friends I don't like. Why do girls like shitty movies and terrible people? I don't even...

Thanks goodness this wasn't on Sunday, I would've lost my sanity.

Are her friends fat?

eznark

Banned
iQKBTfnw9kXxX.png

Another humiliating loss for the maroon and mustard dirt fuckers.

eznark

Banned
there's nothing inconsistent about my stance on this. i'm sorry the team you hate won

Spend the last season crying about Seahawks playing "drity" because they hold past five yards.

Espouse "ain't cheating ain't trying"

Yup, perfectly consistent.

LJ11

Absolutely loaded pass rush class, I'm watching these guys close the last couple of weeks and I don't see how it won't translate for at least half a dozen of them.

eznark

Banned
I've been saying this for two years. Glad you see the light now Harbs. They aren't good players. They are clever foulers

squicken said:
ain't cheatin' ain't tryin'.

i told you it's like the 90s knicks. they do it every play that it sort of gets lost. it's like oh he's grabbing onto the WRs arm as he tries to catch it but he was doing that the past twenty yards as they ran. the constancy of their holding throws off the officials. it's so crazy that they miss it

squicken said:

Glad FMT woke up to all the ridiculous contact the refs let go with SEA's DBs

squicken said:

SEA's DBs hold the entire time so when the pass comes it doesn't look like sudden contact. they are really like the 90s knicks. if fouling can be called a skill, they have that skill

squicken said:

can't play SEA's game. they want the thuggery

squicken said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

That was like two seconds of looking at your posts from the last couple days.

squicken

Spend the last season crying about Seahawks playing "drity" because they hold past five yards.

"ain't cheating ain't trying" is well known CFB code for paying players. Other stuff, Spygate, bribed PAC-10 officials, Kemo going after Palmer's knees, that's not cool. Like baseball with stealing signals. Some cheating is okay, some isn't

It's strange to me that you have such affinity for Seattle, considering that they popped Jennings.

edit: jesus. okay ez. you win. i give up. go seahawks and ohio state

JABEE

Opinions are like teams to him. Move from one shitty opinion to another.

I'm sorry Squicken.

eznark

Banned
"ain't cheating ain't trying" is well known CFB code for paying players. Other stuff, Spygate, bribed PAC-10 officials, Kemo going after Palmer's knees, that's not cool. Like baseball with stealing signals. Some cheating is okay, some isn't

It's strange to me that you have such affinity for Seattle, considering that they popped Jennings.

edit: jesus. okay ez. you win. i give up. go seahawks and ohio state

I don't like dirty play and I don't like Ohio St cheating. I also don't buy into SEC bullshit. It had nothing to do with Seattle and everything to do with your incessant and never ending whining about Seattle while rooting for cheating and thuggish clowns like Cortland Finnegan.

It's like you have no idea the type of football Fisher wants the Rams defense to play.

LJ11

Who do you think is the best out of them?

I don't know, it's tough. Probably Bark Mingo as a pure pass rusher, the guy moves around like a WR, he can change direction in a hurry. Usually plays with high effort as well. Not sure how he'll hold up against the run, but he has a way of knifing through. Probably because OTs are slow and not very good, not sure if he'll be able to get away with it in the Pros.

I really like Werner as an overall end, Montgomery as well, but Werner's a better pass rush than Montgomery. Then you have Moore and Jordan who are enormous, can really run and use their length. There's just so many.

I'm watching Ansah for BYU right now, he's getting some hype.

squicken

I don't like dirty play and I don't like Ohio St cheating. I also don't buy into SEC bullshit. It had nothing to do with Seattle and everything to do with your incessant and never ending whining about Seattle while rooting for cheating and thuggish clowns like Cortland Finnegan.

hmm the Finnegan thing is a tricky moral pretzel. Though I've never seen anything like what Browner did to Jennings from him.

And I'm a Sooners fan. Of all the great cheaters in CFB, he was the king. That's why I'm down with that kind of cheating ;)

mr2xxx

Banned
I saw that ESPN was already putting him into the hall of fame.

How could you not, first guy to get ROTY and MVP in the same season. Nothing is left really besides a few superbowls and yellow jacket. He will probably accomplish this before his rookie contract is up and probably leave the NFL to be President at the age of 28 (Laws will be changed just for him!).

But in all seriousness if Rg3 can get us in the playoffs he will be on the short list for MVP.

Top Bottom