• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Lunchbox

Banned
t7JhJ.jpg

property of tampa bay indeed

K-19

Banned
alex is trash against good defenses and he always will be. the ceiling for alex against a good defense is an average game. if we had an above average QB last night we would have blown the seahawks out. is CK that guy? i doubt it but with harbaughs direction maybe! we'll ride alex out this season and regardless of how it ends i think kap takes over next year.... possibly before if alex starts costing us games outright (as he did against the giants).

it's worth noting that he did sprain his middle finger on his throwing hand at the end of the bills game. does that have anything to do with his lackluster play the last 2 weeks? i don't know, but oviously alex doesn't get to make injury excuses like roofles and other QB's since alex is mediocre when healthy!

IMHO I think that if Smith would have to be replace it would be next year. I mean, there is a big commitment on Alex and Kaep didn't really show his ability as a pro QB to let us imagine that he can easily take the spot. I am maybe wrong, but Kaep good QB in college football doesn't mean good QB in NFL.

Troll

Banned
I wonder if Goodell will lose his job after how he's mishandled the Bountygate incident. Just the fact that they're getting Tagliabue involved looks fucking terrible for him.

K-19

Banned
I wonder if Goodell will lose his job after how he's mishandled the Bountygate incident. Just the fact that they're getting Tagliabue involved looks fucking terrible for him.

What I know is that everytime that a commissioner, leader or whatever is envolved in such situation he resign at the end.

squicken

Milch, question on WP8. Aren't the devices a little under-powered given the current landscape? I know that software matters, but isn't the S4 the same thing in the GS3? b/c that is noticeably slower than an iPhone5. And that has 2GB of RAM vs the 1GB Windows Phones are going with.

I messed around the a WP like launcher, and the UI is by far my favorite. But I worry about performance

Milchjon

Milch, question on WP8. Aren't the devices a little under-powered given the current landscape? I know that software matters, but isn't the S4 the same thing in the GS3? b/c that is noticeably slower than an iPhone5. And that has 2GB of RAM vs the 1GB Windows Phones are going with.

I messed around the a WP like launcher, and the UI is by far my favorite. But I worry about performance

They're kinda behind on specs, yeah, but the one thing that WP has always excelled at is performance. You should never use experiences with Android to judge WP performance. That's the one thing you really don't have to worry about, they've always been fluid as hell. But you could always just try one in a store.

Now, gaming performance could be different, but I don't know how important that is to you. So far there just aren't any games that push the hardware on Windows Phone.

Troll

Banned
They're kinda behind on specs, yeah, but the one thing that WP has always excelled at is performance. You should never use experiences with Android to judge WP performance. That's the one thing you really don't have to worry about, they've always been fluid as hell. But you could always just try one in a store.

Now, gaming performance could be different, but I don't know how important that is to you. So far there just aren't any games that push the hardware on Windows Phone.

Yeah, performance isn't something to be worried about. Apps and games on the other hand, well put it this way. WP is the early gen PS3 of phones.

Milchjon

Yeah, performance isn't something to be worried about. Apps and games on the other hand, well put it this way. WP is the early gen PS3 of phones.

Well, except that a gaming console is worthless without games, while WP can already do pretty much everything that I need it for.

Instagram :*(

squicken

I don't do much gaming. It really comes down to web browsing when I think of performance. I worry about 1GB being enough RAM to not have to deal with the browser loading pages slowly, checkerboards, or laggy scrolling. I was kind of shocked how bad the GS3 was vs the Iphone5. Android almost has to brute force its way to parity. I imagine the quad core stuff coming out will be close to the iPhone

Milchjon

I don't do much gaming. It really comes down to web browsing when I think of performance. I worry about 1GB being enough RAM to not have to deal with the browser loading pages slowly, checkerboards, or laggy scrolling. I was kind of shocked how bad the GS3 was vs the Iphone5. Android almost has to brute force its way to parity. I imagine the quad core stuff coming out will be close to the iPhone

Android is kinda notorious for how resource-hungry it is. Wasn't Jelly Bean supposed to fix most of that? And isn't the update rolling out for the GS3 these days?

As for the browser, you can see a bit in this video around the 9 minute mark to judge for yourself. It also shows a lot of the overall fluidity of the OS.

eznark

Banned
X700 is a great model, especially since in the last year or so they've widened the chassis to allow for a 64" deck. Excellent for everyday use and I'd say good for up to around 5 acres or so. But if you are going to spend that much an use it just as a mower go with a zero turn. Course, if you want an all purpose tractor and don't have space for an actual tractor the X700 is great.

jakncoke

Banned
X700 is a great model, especially since in the last year or so they've widened the chassis to allow for a 64" deck. Excellent for everyday use and I'd say good for up to around 5 acres or so. But if you are going to spend that much an use it just as a mower go with a zero turn. Course, if you want an all purpose tractor and don't have space for an actual tractor the X700 is great.

I laughed far too hard at this.

:jnc at FMT comparing an 8 year veteran to a rookie

Also I don't want to dig up the posts, but you vehemently defended Alex Smith when I wanted Pepe for the 49ers. :jnc

*Tagliabue removes hood revealing Goodell*

IT WAS ME VILMA! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!

Hunter S.

The PS3 wasn't a game console at first, it was a blu ray player.
What the fuck troll betraying our broncos for the backdoor boys?

What is this 2006? The 360 had a year head start so of course it is easy to make the ps3 look like it had no game back in the day.

:jnc at FMT comparing an 8 year veteran to a rookie

Also I don't want to dig up the posts, but you vehemently defended Alex Smith when I wanted Pepe for the 49ers. :jnc

lol what am i supposed to do? not compare two starting QB's? get out of here with that bullshit "but he's just a rookie!" who gives a fuck? why do you care what he MIGHT be in the future? is he guaranteed to improve? no. has sam bradford, cam newton, mark sanchez and countless others taught us nothing? just because you get more experience in the league doesn't mean you actually get better.

oh and PLEASE show me where i vehemently DEFENDED alex smith over peypey! because as i recall, myself and other niners fans were cautiously optimistic we would get peypey! now as a gag after the falcons/broncos game i was trolling broncos fans saying "harbaugh chose right!" but come on

squicken

I keep seeing this crap about the NFCW teams having good defenses. That's b/c they all get to play the other offenses in the division. The Rams have played Wussel, Klolb, Tannie, JPout, and Fatford. Those are bad to mediocre QBs, so of course the numbers look good. The one decent QB they played, RG3, put up good numbers.

Rodgers will throw 5 TDs and the Rams bad defense will be exposed

jakncoke

Banned
after watching s3 the league ep 11 im convinced one of the following Jeff Schaffer & Jackie Marcus Schaffer & Dan O'Keefe has a neogaf account. also how the fuck is the league in its 4th season why its record high viewing is 1.71 and half the eps are under a million. Fx low expectations?

squicken

after watching s3 the league ep 11 im convinced one of the following Jeff Schaffer & Jackie Marcus Schaffer & Dan O'Keefe has a neogaf account. also how the fuck is the league in its 4th season why its record high viewing is 1.71 and half the eps are under a million. Fx low expectations?

fuck your shit show and everything about FX for cancelling Terriers

jakncoke

Banned
fuck your shit show and everything about FX for cancelling Terriers

I got drunk one day and watched season 1 on netflix. So i watched s2 sober, and now 3. It's not good per say but i laugh every now and then. Good enough. Also dude Terriers got even worse ratings some how. 7 of the 13 eps were under 600k, only first eps went above 1 million

Milchjon

I sometimes think my tendency towards being contrarian slowly leads to me becoming more of a Hippie, the older I get.

Damn you cynics and haters for making me see everything that's great about the world more clearly!

I love you, NFL-GAF!

We should totally have a hate free NFL weekend one day. I'm sure we can manage to break the 300 post barrier in that week's thread!

I sometimes think my tendency towards being contrarian slowly leads to me becoming more of a Hippie, the older I get.

Damn you cynics and haters for making me see everything that's great about the world more clearly!

I love you, NFL-GAF!

We should totally have a hate free NFL weekend one day. I'm sure we can manage to break the 300 post barrier in that week's thread!

Don't you think it's a little early to be THIS drunk ?

Greg

I love you, NFL-GAF!

It's not hate, it's angry love.

Don't you think it's a little early to be THIS drunk ?

its 5 pm somewhere

Fuck no! /cuevas
:jnc

bionic77

I actually pay someone to cut my lawn and landscape it.

Also I used to have a sears riding mower. Did not feel like spending the money on a John Deere or something decent.

I am pretty sure ez does not want me on this planet anymore.

eznark

Banned

Also I used to have a sears riding mower. Did not feel like spending the money on a John Deere or something decent.

The world needs nancy boys. I'm sure Tom Brady can't handle a mower either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Browns-GAF looks like Pinkston is probably done for the year. Had a blood clot in his lungs and just reading Mary Kay Cabot seems he'll have to be on thinners for a minimum of 3 months. :(

Milchjon

I have something for you:

ladies_or_low_testosterone_male.jpg

Top Bottom