• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

squicken

Interesting comments from the Jags' OC a few weeks ago

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/112044/johnny-manziel-a-fit-for-jaguars

During his weekly meeting with the media in mid-December, he was asked if he grits his teeth and worries when he sees quarterback Chad Henne scramble. Not only did he say no, he said he wished Henne would scramble more.

"I get excited when they [quarterbacks] scramble," he said. "I think guys need to scramble. I think quarterbacks need to get first downs with their legs as well as their arms. I encourage scrambling.

"I encourage throwing it up and trying to get pass interferences and I encourage scrambling because I think both of those things happen in the NFL. Take a chance. When you have a chance to launch one, launch one. When you have a chance to run, run, because yards are hard to come by."

What the hell is up with this revisionist history?

Tebow won the Broncos a playoff game (something Peyton Manning still hasn't done) and had one of the most entertaining and awesome runs ever to a season.

That's nice. Tebow got traded to the Jets for a third round pick (i.e. a loss of value of two rounds) and got cut by every team he signed on with while rarely getting on the field.

McDaniels still traded a first round pick for a second. Then he cut the guy he drafted with that 2nd round pick after his rookie year.

Bde-kmLIMAEMC-H.jpg:large

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m
Eagles QB coach Bill Lazor is in Miami today interviewing for the Dolphins OC job, per a league source.

Posting this because I like the guys name, Lazor! If his first name was TJ it would be epic.

Colasante

Interesting comments from the Jags' OC a few weeks ago

I would love to see Luck, Bridgewater, and Manziel all in the same division. AFC South has been the most boring division for a long while and that'd change it overnight. Hopefully the Texans don't draft Bortles and ruin all the fun.

Tom Penny

I don't get why Mcdaniels doesn't want to be part of a Browns organization that is set up for a coach to fail and will fire him within 3 years and essentially end his chances of ever getting another head coaching job. Mind boggling.

I don't get why Mcdaniels doesn't want to be part of a Browns organization that is set up for a coach to fail and will fire him within 3 years and essentially end his chances of ever getting another head coaching job. Mind boggling.
How are they set up to fail ?

I mean, they do have two first rounders they could potentially turn into talent and they play in a shitty division and an even more pathetic conference in which you could get into the playoffs with a 6-10 record when they add that other wild card

Tom Penny

I mean, they do have two first rounders they could potentially turn into talent and they play in a shitty division and an even more pathetic conference in which you could get into the playoffs with a 6-10 record when they add that other wild card

" We really want you to coach the Browns. If they add another wild card team you might even be able to make the playoffs going 6-10 "

Talk about an attractive job !!!

Greg

With your jumping abilities making you the best CB in football and my limbo abilities allowing me to be the best RB in football by sneaking underneath lineman, our team would be unstoppable!!
:jnc

we're going to make the Jags relevant!

simples

Banned
Pshhhh....

http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ucf-quarterback-girlfriend-bikini-pics-4.jpg[img]

Bortles woman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JFF's

[url]http://14asports.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/lindsey-duke-ucf-22.jpg?w=812[url][/QUOTE]
bob krafts girl is hotter than both

Is it wrong for me to want the Saints to win only so there's the possibility of the NFC Championship Game being at Candlestick in its last year rather than the Niners having to face the Seahawks? Wouldn't it be a great story for it the Niners to win there one last time to go on to the Superbowl before moving to their new stadium?

bionic77

rando14

Is it wrong for me to want the Saints to win only so there's the possibility of the NFC Championship Game being at Candlestick in its last year rather than the Niners having to face the Seahawks? Wouldn't it be a great story for it the Niners to win there one last time to go on to the Superbowl before moving to their new stadium?

Root for who you want to brother!! God knows that you can spin a story for pretty much any team that goes on to win the soup or bowl!!

"Niners stamp trip to Super Bowl with major NFC Championship victory at candlestick"
"Seahawks win first super bowl in franchise history, Legion of Boom gets knighted by Queen Elizabeth"
"Peyton Manning addresses haters by winning SB in dominant fashion"
"In surprising run to SB, Chargers prove that 6th seed can dominate the playoffs once again"

etc etc

Bowser

Root for who you want to brother!! God knows that you can spin a story for pretty much any team that goes on to win the soup or bowl!!

"Niners stamp trip to Super Bowl with major NFC Championship victory at candlestick"
"Seahawks win first super bowl in franchise history, Legion of Boom gets knighted by Queen Elizabeth"
"Peyton Manning addresses haters by winning SB in dominant fashion"
"In surprising run to SB, Chargers prove that 6th seed can dominate the playoffs once again"

etc etc

"Panthers win Super Bowl for first time in franchise history, Cam Newton fake smiles his way to Disney World"

" We really want you to coach the Browns. If they add another wild card team you might even be able to make the playoffs going 6-10 "

Talk about an attractive job !!!

Well if it was THAT attractive they wouldn't need a new coach in the first place. It's not every year someone can start with a ten win team like Trestman got to. I would say the Browns are closer than anyone else with a HC vacancy

Fuck that. We need the most elite division in football for the NFC Championship. Niners winning in Seattle would be sweet. Especially when they lost to Rivers in the Super Bowl

Top Bottom