• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

LJ11

Colts gave up 87 points in the playoffs, the only pass rusher is from the Polian era, they have maybe 1 decent offensive linemen, and lack a first round pick. Still win the AFCS every year but they won't be playoff threats anytime soon

Werner is a non entity, I like him too, still has a shot at becoming something.

They traded Jerry Hughes for Kelvin Sheppard, a terrible trade since Sheppard wasn't going to bring anything to the table in any nickel situation. Bad against the run too, but at least you can run blitz him occasionally and hope for the best.

I know Hughes was a bust while he was there, but why the sudden turn around with the Bills? 10 sacks, but his pressures were sky high. Bills have talent up front but that talent didn't do much in '12. Jerry was left one on one and beat LTs, simple as that. Comes down to coaching, Mike Pettine is a very good coach and put him position to succeed, along with other players on the roster.

Look at the Dolphins and Dion Jordan, nuff said. Guy can run and cover and he's doing nothing out there. We see Collins tonight, finally let loose and given a much bigger roll and he takes over. Dion can do similar things.

Such shit coaching in this league, inexcusable to have some of these guys coaching pro teams.

Bread

Banned
Interesting game for sure. Definitely not too sold on the offense here. Blount looks great and all, but they just have no receivers outside of Edelman whose a beast. Do love a good amount about the defense though. Collins is more the type of linebacker that can succeed in the NFL, athleticism and speed, vs. Spikes who is a bruiser, just entirely too slow to keep up. They moved Collins all over the field and Hightower played more of Spikes role, which is fine, but you can't have 3 of those guys out there. That being said the safety play was atrocious. Dennard had a damn good game, even the TD he gave up was only by a hair.

Luck at times looks incredible, but damn colts fans you must be feelin a bit nervous about this post season stuff, not sure where that came from. People saying Brady had a lousy game 3 things- nobody to throw too, he didn't have to, and the o-line is makeshift at this point. A lot of work to do there.
i think the thing i like the most about our linebacking corps going forward is that hightower is good enough to take spikes' place as the designated run stopper who can also do SOMETHING in the passing game, unlike spikes who can do one thing.

collins/mayo/hightower/? can be awesome next year, i really hope they pick up another OLB similar to collins in the draft. mayo and hightower are very flawed but very strong at stopping the run. a couple of good coverage OLBs who can rush the passer would be a godsend.

squicken

Incoming 1 and dones! Luck not elite!

I know that feel, bro

I sort of like McCarthey, but good point. Thought GB got the run game this year, finally, but the defense is still not there.

I still think HOU needs JFF. He may crash spectacularly, but his ceiling is higher than any QB in the draft. Wanna beat Luck in that division you gotta have a guy like that

Godslay

Banned
Why in the blue fuck is Charles Barkley in the Patriots locker room?

Adam Kaufman ‏@AdamMKaufman 14m
Charles Barkley is in the #Patriots locker room. Okay then.
Retweeted by Brandon Krisztal

Bread

Banned
mech i am very disappointed that you are rooting for the seahawks all week, this is a huge blow to our friendship and the patriots connection that we share.

i thought we had something special.

Narag

Maybe it's like Fisher and the Manning jersey. Just wants to feel like a winner for once.

i think the thing i like the most about our linebacking corps going forward is that hightower is good enough to take spikes' place as the designated run stopper who can also do SOMETHING in the passing game, unlike spikes who can do one thing.
by
collins/mayo/hightower/? can be awesome next year, i really hope they pick up another OLB similar to collins in the draft. mayo and hightower are very flawed but very strong at stopping the run. a couple of good coverage OLBs who can rush the passer would be a godsend.
Collins was great tonight. Looked like a db on that int return. Maybe we have a cover LB for once.

jbug617

Banned

He was invited by the Pats. He dropping a bunch f bombs and clowning people

Dragon

Banned

Believe it or not, he was a personal guest of Belichick for the game.

MechDX

mech i am very disappointed that you are rooting for the seahawks all week, this is a huge blow to our friendship and the patriots connection that we share.

i thought we had something special.

Im torn man! Ill say this: you get into the Superbowl I'm there for ya! All you gotta do is probably beat Peyton.

PDS ‏@PatDStat 4h
Yes I want the Pats to win, they are like our cousins now by marriage. #Texans

We're cousins!

Furyous

This what happens when your coach cyses your QB. If there's one thing we learned today universally is Russell Wilson is clearly the best QB from his draft class. All the hype surrounding Andrew is great but his play tells a different story. Andrew did his best Brett Favre impersonation tonight. Seriously, dude is overrated. He's a promising young QB but we can stop anointing him as the second coming of Peyton, Tom or any of the greats. I mean as much disrespect as possible to his hype not Colts fans at all.

Russell is off to a promising start and will undoubtedly play hard next week. He's underrated but that's good in the NFL. Underpromise and over deliver as Charlamagne says.

This what happens when your coach cyses your QB. If there's one thing we learned today universally is Russell Wilson is clearly the best QB from his draft class. All the hype surrounding Andrew is great but his play tells a different story. Andrew did his best Brett Favre impersonation tonight. Seriously, dude is overrated. He's a promising young QB but we can stop anointing him as the second coming of Peyton, Tom or any of the greats. I mean as much disrespect as possible to his hype not Colts fans at all.

Russell is off to a promising start and will undoubtedly play hard next week. He's underrated but that's good in the NFL. Underpromise and over deliver as Charlamagne says.

lulz wussle is not in andrew lucks league. you put Luck on the seahawks today and the seahawks probably win by 30 points

squicken

W
Such shit coaching in this league, inexcusable to have some of these guys coaching pro teams.

Thought IND got some good mileage from their corners this year, but LBs nada. Just play like stiffs. Love Pettine. Comes across awesome in the Jets book

Schotty is ruining careers in STL. Got Tavon and Stedman now, probably will get Sammy Watkins soon enough. People will label those guys disappointments and no one will ever know

simples

Banned
were you talking about last year when kap skull fucked you? rodney harrison wasn't on your team last year. thank god your dad has money
you should know that game well, we exposed your fraud defense so bad your rabbies affected coach was shook all the way to Super Bowl and your shit linebacker had to take meth and go to rehab to recover from that

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Brett Favre was a better playoff QB than Peyton.

And you are crazy. The Seahawks have been winning in spite of Russell for the second half of the season and that included this game.

They will get their asses handed to them by Cam Newton if Russell doesn't step it up next week.

That applies regardless. Wilson has yet to lose AT Carolina but we've lost at SF!

if we do end up winning tomorrow i think the nfc championship is going to be brutal. can't say i'm very confident in kap going into seattle and winning but we don't really have a choice. at least the game would be on the west coast!

you should know that game well, we exposed your fraud defense so bad your rabbies affected coach was shook all the way to Super Bowl and your shit linebacker had to take meth and go to rehab to recover from that

what happened to you guys meeting us in said superbowl and for once getting a legitimate ring?

Syrinx

A Niners-Seahawks NFC title game would be an absolute blast to watch. Yet another reason to hope the Niners jizz in the Panthers' faces.

Top Bottom